What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I thought Mr Robot was great, for the most part. Although the last few episodes actually weren't that great. I'm interested to see where they go in season two though.

I want to see what happens next whilst being disappointed in the show its done something right as I will definitely watch at least one episode of season 2

I tried Mr Robot and wanted to like it but I really struggled with it and gave up. On a similar note, I got halfway through Jessica Jones before tapping out. The most overrated show of 2015 for sure.

Another series I watched until the end whilst questioning myself as to why am I watching this shite yet loads of people make out Jessica Jones is the best thing ever

On a side note is The Man in the High Castle worth a look I watched episode 1 and I was not feeling it yet it's another show people are banging on about

I watched Mr Robot, Jessica Jones and The Man in the High Castle all at roughly the same time. Man in the High Castle was the only one I finished. It's not very good, but it is good. Give it a go.

Edited by Zebra Kid Mark

• Paid Members

Finally got around to watching The Jinx. What a brilliant documentary. The last 15 minutes of the last episode had me stunned.

It's the first documentary of that type I've seen. Started Making A Murderer now, which happens to be the total opposite to the Jinx! Only seen the first two episodes but it's constantly been playing in my mind. Just unbelievable stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

BBC announces tons of sitcoms for anniversary season

Nothing sounds good about this. What are the chances any of them will be any good? Son of Porridge... Are You Being Served set in 1988... Keeping Up Appearances prequel...

Who are they targeting with this? The infirm? There must be a queue of aspiring writers with a passable pilot that would be a more fitting tribute to the BBC's history of persevering with sitcoms. Better that than these rehashed ghosts.

I watched the first three episodes of 'The People vs O.J. Simpson' last night.

Since watching the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary about the day OJ went on the run in his Ford Bronco I've wanted to learn more about the case and how the hell he got away with it, but not being much of a reader I was hoping for something to come on TV.

The ensemble cast are all really good but I was surprised to find John Travolta being the most absorbing in it. The way he talks and acts differently with different people (with his wife, with OJ, with the press & police, with other lawyers) is really interesting.

The first scene of episode 3 had me laughing out loud.

David Schwimmer playing OJ's best friend Robert Kardashian takes his kids Kim, Khloe, Kourtney, Krobert Jr out for dinner and actually says the line:

"We're the Kardashian's. In this family being a good person and a loyal friend is more important than being famous. Fame is fleeting. It's hollow. It means nothing at all without a virtuous heart".

That had to be a deliberate dig.  :D

There's been a few digs at the Kardashians. I also like how Al Cowlings obviously hasn't given permission to use his name, he's never referred to by his name it's either "A.C." or simply "Cowlings"

It's been ok viewing, but certain aspects have been embellished for dramatic purposes too. I can't help but feel that Denzel Washington would have been a better fit for playing OJ though

• Paid Members

I watched the first three episodes of 'The People vs O.J. Simpson' last night.

Since watching the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary about the day OJ went on the run in his Ford Bronco I've wanted to learn more about the case and how the hell he got away with it, but not being much of a reader I was hoping for something to come on TV.

The ensemble cast are all really good but I was surprised to find John Travolta being the most absorbing in it. The way he talks and acts differently with different people (with his wife, with OJ, with the press & police, with other lawyers) is really interesting.

The first scene of episode 3 had me laughing out loud.

David Schwimmer playing OJ's best friend Robert Kardashian takes his kids Kim, Khloe, Kourtney, Krobert Jr out for dinner and actually says the line:

"We're the Kardashian's. In this family being a good person and a loyal friend is more important than being famous. Fame is fleeting. It's hollow. It means nothing at all without a virtuous heart".

That had to be a deliberate dig.  :D

I said to my wife I would love it if this was Ryan Murphy's elaborate attempt at voicing his contempt at the Kardashians. Like rather then tweeting something about how much he hates them, he convinced FX to pay for a show to be made where he makes subtle digs at them as lets be honest, there is no need for those kids to be shown at all.

House of Cards season four was such a massive improvement on season three. I almost didn't bother with it given how dreadful the last season was.

Yeah I haven't seen a huge amount of people talking about it, but it was a very rewarding season for fans that have stuck with it since the beginning. Some great callbacks, loads of familiar faces and some really batshit crazy things.

I think once you realise it's a mental show then it's far easier to enjoy.

House of Cards season four was such a massive improvement on season three. I almost didn't bother with it given how dreadful the last season was.

Ooh you've reeled me back in, I wasn't going to bother.

I'm loving the People vs OJ. Good clean fun, it lurches from the sublime to the ridiculous. The actors playing Marsha Hunt{?} and Johnny Cochrane are great. Travolta and Ross from Friends really ham it up. It's a light hearted nostalgia trip for me and I'm gad they didn't make it something too serious. Using the Beastie Boys' Sabotage to soundtrack the Bronco chase was a masterstroke.