What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I was a huge Breaking Bad fan, yet I could never get into Better Call Saul, despite at least five attempts.

But then, I could get into a program like Don’t Tell The Bride.

I don’t understand my head sometimes...I really fucking don’t. It disturbs me, because I really do want to see if she likes the dress he picked.

• Moderators

Finished off all 3 seasons of Sherlock now (haven't watched the recent special yet). I really liked the show but Season 3 was a bit weird. Not as good as the first two, but definitely good enough to keep me excited for Season 4 whenever they manage to make it. I can imagine scheduling must be a nightmare.

Is the special any good? I generally hate and avoid anything "period" - should I break my rule for this?

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

The special was an odd one. It's not what you think it's going to be, that's all I can say.
If you're a fan of the show in general, it's well worth a watch, Chest.

I loved it, but I could see how it could polarise opinion.

Again, it's not what you think it's going to be...

Dan dan dannnnnnnnnnnnn

• Paid Members

Better Call Saul is back. Decent episode. Nothing groundbreaking but bodes well for the rest of the season. I could watch Jimmy con people all day.

I was surprised to see that Netflix are only releasing it one episode at a time, rather than everything all on day one. That doesn't bother me much, as I love Better Call Saul and it's easy to ruin a good show and watch it all in one go. Some things are worth looking forward to I guess.

But as was said by SpursRiot, episode 1 was good and set things up nicely.

It's on AMC in america so we are getting it like America is

It's not a Netflix Original, it's made by AMC and Sony Pictures Television. Netflix list it as such as they have the exclusive rights to broadcast it in this country, but they don't actually have a hand in making it.

It might air eventually on AMC from BT which launched here last year, but that won't be for a while yet if they decide to

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Did anyone catch Vinyl? I really enjoyed it, lots of sex, drugs and rock 'n roll. First episode was directed by Martin Scorsese and features an INCREDIBLE cameo from Andrew Dice Clay. The soundtrack is fantastic and Gyp Rosetti from Boardwalk Empire is excellent in the lead. 

• Paid Members

Did anyone catch Vinyl? I really enjoyed it, lots of sex, drugs and rock 'n roll. First episode was directed by Martin Scorsese and features an INCREDIBLE cameo from Andrew Dice Clay. The soundtrack is fantastic and Gyp Rosetti from Boardwalk Empire is excellent in the lead.

I thought it was brilliant. The reviews have been surprisingly mixed- fuck em. That Dice Clay cameo was made even better by the superb scene with him, Bobby Cannavale and Bo Dietl (who is my favourite 'furious man'-type actor). This had all the hallmarks of Scorsese and just felt like a really big deal. I can't wait for the next one.

If you're into your ancient Egypt stuff, and missed King Tut's Tomb: The Hidden Chamber tonight, keep your eyes open for the repeat.

Funnily enough, I came in here to post about an ancient Egypt series so I'll check that out! I just finished watching The Pyramid Code on Netflix . It started pretty well but I came here to moan about how it was ruined by them spending too much time looking into farfetched theories instead of focusing on the facts. Some of the theories were so outlandish they were almost laughable.

As for Better Call Saul, it wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be but like Riot, I love the character so much that I could watch an episode every night. 

I've watched a few episodes of The Trip with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon. So far all I'm seeing are repeated impressions of Michael Caine, Al Pacino and Ronnie Corbett but in different restaurants. Is that the whole thing across both series?

Yep. It's amazing.