What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I remember a few people discussing New Girl season 4 a while back - did anyone stick with it all the way through? I'm around half-way into it and it's had a massive drop in quality from the first few seasons. Zooey Deschanel was always the weakest part of the show but it seems every fucking episode now has to feature some kooky 'Jess does country line dancing' or 'Jess does a musical based on woodland characters' skit. Really really shit. 

I'll probably stick with it because Schmidt is still amazing mind.

• Awards Moderator

I had that feeling partway into season 3 (I may have been one of the people posting about it) but thought that it picked up and there were some good episodes in the rest of 3. We're now up to episode 4 or 5 of season 4 and it feels like it's dipped again. We'll probably stick with it but if it doesn't pick up again I don't see us bothering with 5.

• Paid Members

I felt like it got off to quite a slow start but holy bejeezus what a climax. Everything from the courtroom episode onwards was more compelling tv than anything written, at the end of the last episode I just staring at the screen, jaw practically dislocated. Those eyes man, so black.

Taking the chance to watch Twin Peaks again as it's on Sky box sets.

The older I get the more I realise just how much it shaped the TV to come after it and so many of my favourite shows over the years.

Regarding the new series, I don't think I've ever been as excited and scared for a TV comeback. Though the new XFiles comes close. Haven't tried that yet as decided to wait for Five.