What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Right lads, story on Making a Murderer?

Every cunt is jawing on about it on Facebook and in work. Is it really that good, or is it overhyped nonsense?

Is it disturbing? Serio, not being a blouse, but ever since The Green Inferno my pots have been gone and I can't handle as much of that kind of stuff as I used to be able to.

It's really good, Branquey. Well worth a watch. It's not really disturbing. There's some nasty shit mentioned in it but it's more about how it's all handled ( don't wanna say loads in case it spoils anything but most people's reactions when watching it is anger about how people got away with some of the shit mentioned)

• Paid Members

Ah right. Cheers, Klaus and Chokey, I'll give it a watch tonight and see how I get on.

I just didn't want to be lying in bed angry with the thoughts of some poor lass being hairy aped and butchered going round my bonce all night coz I do be bad enough fearing for the safety of Arthur Brian Fowler, these days, with young Stacey going crackers and all.

Watching Seinfeld for the first time and just completed Season 1. Great stuff so far.

The theme music is clearly based on My Prerogative by Bobby Brown and both the theme and that song have been stuck in my head for at least a week. Dat bass doe.

I watched the episode where Kramer tells of his idea of having a business where you make your own pizza and Jerry and George laugh it off. Next day my friend told me she was in a restaurant doing just that, cue me sending the clip over.

I'm actually jealous of you. It's just incredible...love the bit where Jerry comes in on that episode and Kramer is on the phone "Oh they've got a cure for cancer, it's all big business" and he hands the phone to Jerry "It's for you" "Who is it?" "Take it, it's for you"

Genius

• Awards Moderator

I thought last night's Derren Brown was incredible. My stomach was in knots by the end and I had real tears when

the three actually did push him off.

We were discussing whether this would be possible in other countries - Italy say - that don't have the same "keep your head down and mouth shut in social circumstances" that the British do.

• Paid Members

I can't for the bare soul of me begin to understand how people can be so submissive and obedient to the levels shown last night.

I'd have probably shown my teeth by the sausage rolls, judging by my reactions as I was watching it.

But, yeah, completely agree with Onyx. I found it gripping, terrifying and actually sad.

Did anyone see the Hero At 30,000 feet one he did? It's the only one I haven't seen, but have heard it's shit from a few people so it just went out of my head until now...

• Paid Members

I watched it and also enjoyed it, but I am quite the fan of Brown (so to speak).

I thought that Chris seemed to have fallen into subservience quite early, as while they were talking to the living Bernie, he was stood like a butler, leaning forward as if waiting for instructions. I was wondering if at some point - the drunks turning up maybe - that it suddenly became too much, or possibly because he was left on his own that his usual critical thinking came back.

I'd like to think at some point it'll be re-edited with a more jaunty soundtrack and be released as a remake of Weekend At Bernie's.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you might be right. I gave up on it a few episodes into the current season, and have tried a couple of times to get back into it. Hasn't worked. Same with Modern Family. I'm sure at some point I'll binge through them, but I used to always have them watched within 24 hours of the US broadcast.

• Paid Members

I'm sticking it out with Brooklyn Nine-Nine. It's been too good so far for me to give up on it after a couple of dodgy episodes. I must admit I was very fearful for it watching the first episode of this new series, because that Bill Hader character was beyond awful. I was so relieved it was only short-lived.