What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Same here. I didn't notice how bad it was, I just quietly stopped watching it as it got boring. My wife kept watching it, but she has somehow managed to stick with Glee, despite knowing herself it's fucking rotten (even more so than it was). She can't help herself, it's like she has an obligation to keep watching until somebody puts the show out of its misery.

You'll be thankful to know that Glee did get put out its misery, late last year I believe

Finally got around to watching Detectorists series one. It's really wonderful. It has some lovely layers beyond the nerds with metal detectors stuff. It's beautifully slow and amusing and it looks and sounds great.

It's amazing. One of the most enjoyable things I've seen in the last couple of years...Lance kills me: "You hear about (random person they know)...?" " No, mate" "Dead mate"

• Paid Members

Started on The Blacklist on the recommendations of a few people. Didn't really grab me for the first 8 episodes, but i liked the idea of the core story line so i stuck with it. However, from episode 9 onwards where the show focussed more on the main story and featured a double episode centered around a siege on the FBI facility it's been fucking brillant. Glad i stuck with it.

Ash vs Evil Dead has been superb but it's really stepped it up a notch since they've arrived at the cabin. Does anyone know how it's fixed for another series? I'm kind of hoping for a series set back in the 1300's.

I heard that it was a one off season

If you enjoy Ash Vs Evil Dead you should watch the from dusk till dawn to series, highly enjoyable and they are currently making the 3rd season

Ash vs Evil Dead has been superb but it's really stepped it up a notch since they've arrived at the cabin. Does anyone know how it's fixed for another series? I'm kind of hoping for a series set back in the 1300's.

I heard that it was a one off season

If you enjoy Ash Vs Evil Dead you should watch the from dusk till dawn to series, highly enjoyable and they are currently making the 3rd season

You heard wrong thankfully, Starz renewed it for a second season before the first episode had even aired.

• Paid Members

I've just finished season two of The Walking Dead and I'm surprised at how much I'm struggling to enjoy it given the hype and praise around it. I'm just finding it hard to get behind any of the characters with the exception of Daryl - sometimes. The plot, so far, is paper thin and I'm getting frustrated at how completely inept they are at dealing with the most simple tasks. Small things like they're inability to run away from zombies that can barely walk or repeatedly having to go back to the pharmacy for medicines when they could just empty the place once and be done with it rile be up. Then there's bigger things that are inexcusable like Rick leaving that young girl in the forrest alone because they're being followed by two zombies but the very next episode he's taking on half a dozen by himself, it just doesn't make sense and it's difficult to overlook. Obviously there has to be some suspension of disbelief for this type of show but at the moment it's playing out like how Kenan and Kel would deal with a zombie apocalypse.

I'm reluctant to give up on it because a) I hate starting something and not finishing it and b) everyone else seems to think it's this great, groundbreaking tv show. What's the general consensus, does it improve or is it more of the same?

• Paid Members

I thought the general consensus on here was that it is an awful show and people who do watch it do it for shits and giggles rather than it having any real quality. I gave up earlier than you so can't comment whether the above is true or not.

• Awards Moderator

Season 2 is probably my least favourite, but overall I'd say more of the same. They think they're safe, oh no people are as bad as zombies, oh no zombies let's leave, OOH a new place, they think they're safe, etc etc.

There are times when I really enjoy it, and it can be great. But it has just as many moments of 'oh for goodness sake' that make me roll my eyes.

Me & the wife are just finishing up the second season too. I was really apprehensive as I doubt I could have stuck with it if it was just them going "ZOMBIE!" and then running away every week.

The characters are generally idiots, they make it clear that the walkers are attracted to sound yet don't seem to think twice about firing off as many rounds of ammunition as they can. They also seem to have an unlimited petrol supply for their cars and the splatter sound effects for any hit that lands is downright hilarious.

It's ok escapist TV, but far from being groundbreaking.