What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Season 6 of The Venture Bros started on Sunday, only 3 years have passed since Season 5 finished. If you have never watched the show I urge you to watch it if you're a fan of Johnny Quest, Scooby Doo and other 70-80s era cartoons like GI Joe etc. It's an excellent pseudo-parody that covers many genres of films and music as well as Hanna Barbera cartoons.

• Moderators

It still doesn't beat Huey from Fun Loving Criminals doing a daytime pet show with Liza Tarbuck. I'm curious about the show now more than I was before (i.e. have gone from absolutely zero interest to a tiny modicum of interest) - I wanna see what he's like since I'm so used to seeing him be a complete arsehole in Episodes.

• Paid Members

Tell you a jack about Huey, one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet.

Years ago in a pub/dive named Eamon Dorans in Dublin, the band I was in was playing before the “secret” FLC gig that night in said venue. Huey & co. were down there watching us, with me shitting eggrolls etc, but a load of ladies got wind that he was down there and they came in, not unlike them Belieber cunts or the blue rinsers who were after Eoin McLove, and the poor chap had to barricade himself in the fellas toilets, while me and our bass player (who is now getting serious radio play over here with HIS band) and their drummer had to hold them back.

It was absolutely mental. A gaggle of them, leaving slug trails all over the shop over this gent.

Eventually bouncers came down and sorted it. Huey came out and signed autographs and kissed cheeks and then told me and our bass player that the drink was free for us for the night and I wound up getting fairly rattled with the Fun Lovin’ Criminals who told me I looked like Evan Dando and called me Lemons for the night, which evolved/devolved into Jif. It was then when I started breaking down people’s names and giving them six degree type nicknames.

So yeah, Huey. Lovely bloke...hung like a donkey, and very handsome to boot.

• Paid Members

Matt le Blanc? Eh?? That's the strangest appointment I've heard in a long time.

Not really. Its a step up from being like he's always stuck in second gear.

Please tell me you stole that? Otherwise to marks!!!

It Is wonderful Ian, like a nice dinner.

Anyway, in regards to Huey, I've heard him x number of times on radio 6 since his brain fart on buzzcocks. What was his reason for going mental?

• Paid Members

My friend actually ended up drinking with him in Hertford a year or so ago, and she asked him about it. It was all a work, but mis-timed, so it looked a bit real because I guess it partly was as cues were missed.

• Paid Members

I'm glad to hear that, as I've always been a fan, but believed he did kick off in a bad mood, so then assumed he was a bell.

It's great when you find out someone isn't a bell, again.

Now I'm just waiting to hear that Beck being a scientologist is a rib... And all will be well.

Agent Carter obviously.

But also, I've got into a habit of watching old Men Behaving Badly...It's OK, think it's aged terribly (lolz at Gary smoking in his office), but it's fairly nostalgic and funny.

And Cheers. Now this is a big one for me. As someone who considers themselves to have decent taste in film, TV, music (and humble about it), I've never really GOT Cheers. I have been told that it is one of the greatest sitcoms of all time, and to be honest, I can see what all the fuss is about. It's lovely. It's characters are fantastic, it's funny, it has pathos, most most of all, it has the most important thing that you need for comedy. It has heart.

Love it, really enjoying watching it all (mostly) for the first time.