What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Don't get me wrong I can see why some people didn't like it, it's very in jokey and niche and actually feels quite pretentious, but I think Steve Coogan is one of the funniest people ever. The bit where they're doing Caine and Roger Moore and "Magic Darts" is so funny.

When Brydon was on Wossy's show last night they were taking the piss out of the show. It seems the BBC have dropped it. But Sky Atlantic have picked it up. Although that might have something to do with Coogan's deal with Sky at the moment.

Would imagine so Mid Morning Matters is back on Atlantic, but Alpha Papa was part Beeb -funded?

• Paid Members

I was really disappointed with Alpha Papa. Coogan didn't play Partridge, erm, 'Partridge' enough- if that makes sense. He looked younger than he did in the second series of I'm Alan Partridge for a start, and that was bloody years ago. Didn't seem the same bumbling, faffing useless character we were used to. It felt more like Coogan playing Tony Wilson in 24 Hour Party People (although I did love that film).

I was really disappointed with Alpha Papa. Coogan didn't play Partridge, erm, 'Partridge' enough- if that makes sense. He looked younger than he did in the second series of I'm Alan Partridge for a start, and that was bloody years ago. Didn't seem the same bumbling, faffing useless character we were used to. It felt more like Coogan playing Tony Wilson in 24 Hour Party People (although I did love that film).

Was it Peter Hook who said that it was the second biggest cunt in Manchester playing the biggest cunt in Manchester? Lolz

I've watched a few episodes of The Trip with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon. So far all I'm seeing are repeated impressions of Michael Caine, Al Pacino and Ronnie Corbett but in different restaurants. Is that the whole thing across both series?

You missed the Ray Winstone impression.

Just watched the first episode of The Zprople vs. OJ Simpson. I didn't realise it was a dramatisation, the program guide had me thinking it was a documentary series looking at the case. Cuba Gooding Jr plays OJ, and although it's only been the first episode, it looks like it might not be upto his usual standard. John Travolta plays Rob Shappiro, and HD TV shows ever facelift scar that guys ever had

I really wanted to like 'The Trip' but the few short bits of storyline in both series (Coogan's strained relationship with his kid in S1, Brydon being tempted to cheat on his missus in S2) weren't very interesting.

My favourite bits of them in the restaurants were the duelling impressions when they were trying to outdo each other impersonating the same person.

It was good when they did Antony Hopkins and Roger Moore but my favourite was Michael Caine. Brydon doing the style everybody does from his 1970's films but Coogan doing the older Caine from Batman & Harry Brown.

For that reason I would have enjoyed them doing 10/15 minutes per episode instead of stretching them out to 30 minutes each.

I really wanted to like 'The Trip' but the few short bits of storyline in both series (Coogan's strained relationship with his kid in S1, Brydon being tempted to cheat on his missus in S2) weren't very interesting.

My favourite bits of them in the restaurants were the duelling impressions when they were trying to outdo each other impersonating the same person.

It was good when they did Antony Hopkins and Roger Moore but my favourite was Michael Caine. Brydon doing the style everybody does from his 1970's films but Coogan doing the older Caine from Batman & Harry Brown.

For that reason I would have enjoyed them doing 10/15 minutes per episode instead of stretching them out to 30 minutes each.

Agreed. "Don't die on me Master Bruce. I can't bury another Batman"

• Moderators

Watched Sharpe's Company for the first time in yeeeeeeears on Saturday. Forgot just how much of an awesome bastard Pete Postlethwaite was as Sgt. Obadiah Hakeswill.

Tremendous. And yes, he did rape and murder her later.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

All of the new series of Alan Partridge Mid Morning Matters are on Dailymotion. I'm blitzing through them now, and they are bloody wonderful.

The comments about Noel Edmunds in the first few episodes had me in stitches.