What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Moderators

Adventure Time fans, who's seen the 2015 xmas special yet? It;s the double length episode about BMO and his evil brother. All I can say is "wow". Don't think I've seen many programmes intended for adults which had the depth and emotion that episode did. Scout it out - "The Moe You Know, The Moe You Know.", Season 7.

• Paid Members

Yeah it's fantastic. When Adventure Time goes for the "feels" it can be really special. The season 6 episode "Breezy" is a perfect example of this. It's basically an episode about how after a breakup random sex with loads of people won't fix the hurt in your heart, only genuine human connection can. It's such a hilarious but sad episode. And this is a kids show!

• Moderators

Finished off the seventh and final season of The League the other day. Although the show has had its ups and downs, it was amazing at times. I'm going to miss it! I thought it ended well.. I liked the fact that they knew it was ending so they gave it a proper ending, and messed around with the whole format because they knew they could.

Seth Rogen as Dirty Randy was always a highlight in his 1 episode per series.

I also watched the first episode of that new Apatow Netflix show Love. It was.. um.. interesting, I guess..? I'll give it a bit more of a chance and see if it goes anywhere as it had a few moments I really liked, but I wasn't particularly enamored with it.

• Paid Members

I'm all for more Partridge, but is that co-presenter/DJ of his in it a lot? The same bloke that played Mark's flat mate for a bit in the last series of Peep Show? There's something about him I really, really don't like.

• Paid Members

I just binge watched Mr Robot and to be honest I'm not sure about it, heard loads of great reviews watched episode 1 and boom I thought it was amazing as the episodes went on I started to wonder if it was for me but finished it. If I had to wait week to week for an episode I think I would have stopped watching and I'm left wondering what will happen next at the same time trying to think why I stuck with it

• Paid Members

Aye Love gets better as it goes on, I just finished the episode with Andy Dick in it and the characters have evolved enough to not be boring and awkward now.

Not feeling The League so far this season, Andre has jumped the shark and there's too much Taco and too many throwbacks. It's like a "Best of".

• Paid Members

I just binge watched Mr Robot and to be honest I'm not sure about it, heard loads of great reviews watched episode 1 and boom I thought it was amazing as the episodes went on I started to wonder if it was for me but finished it. If I had to wait week to week for an episode I think I would have stopped watching and I'm left wondering what will happen next at the same time trying to think why I stuck with it

I thought Mr Robot was great, for the most part. Although the last few episodes actually weren't that great. I'm interested to see where they go in season two though.

• Moderators

Not feeling The League so far this season, Andre has jumped the shark and there's too much Taco and too many throwbacks. It's like a "Best of".

'too much Taco' has been a complaint of mine of every season of the league.

I still found Andre funny, but whereas he's been my favourite character in previous seasons, 7 belonged to Ruxin.

Got one series to go of Spartacus. I don't think I've ever seen such a fun show. It's not as high on drama as, say, The Wire but it is so much fun! The factions within factions and the Machiavellian characters, coupled with the insane violence and sex guarantees I'm smiling and laughing all the way through.

Thanks to Astro for recommending it so highly.

• Paid Members

I thought Mr Robot was great, for the most part. Although the last few episodes actually weren't that great. I'm interested to see where they go in season two though.

I want to see what happens next whilst being disappointed in the show its done something right as I will definitely watch at least one episode of season 2

I tried Mr Robot and wanted to like it but I really struggled with it and gave up. On a similar note, I got halfway through Jessica Jones before tapping out. The most overrated show of 2015 for sure.

Another series I watched until the end whilst questioning myself as to why am I watching this shite yet loads of people make out Jessica Jones is the best thing ever

On a side note is The Man in the High Castle worth a look I watched episode 1 and I was not feeling it yet it's another show people are banging on about