What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

His story about killing his dad was great.

Oh man, one of my favourite moments.

"My dad asked 'what do you mean by these stiff stains you leave on the towels?', and I said 'they're spunk, dad'. And with that I threw him down the stairs. I went to him and his neck was all...floppy. He was dead, Mart. I'd killed my own father."

• Paid Members

New years day was a hangover recovery day for me and the missus, so I showed her Game On. She absolutely loved Ben Chaplin as Matt. The scene where he has a massive anxiety attack at the gig is really grim on a rewatch.

Neil Stuke was very good though, the acknowledgement of the change is a lovely touch.

Edited by WWFChilli

• Paid Members

Has anyone been watching this week's Neighbours? Some really great acting (Yes, acting. On Neighbours.) going on at the moment. I can't do spoiler tags on my phone (and I'm not even sure Neighbours needs spoiler tags but anyway...) so I don't want to give anything away but I'm blubbering like a twat at the moment after catching up with yesterday's special episode and today's regular one.

That absolutely destroyed my Wife and nearly got me too. This week looks crazy epic. Haven't watched last nights late night ep yet. Sadly we are now at the same pace as the Aus version so I can't just go on Dailymotion and watch the whole arc today.

Some times I feel like I'm the last person on the planet other than my 5 year old that still loves Neighbours. I've been writing reviews of each episode on and off for the last year starting from episode 1.

There is a great Neighbours podcast that's loads of fun called Neighbuzz in case your interested.

EDIT - Balls, I just checked and there was no late night episode last night. I guess that was a one off, I was under the impression it was all week.

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members

A woman at work (boss) was asking about a series to watch on Netflix. Knowing her taste I suggested 'love' and read out a bit of the synopsis.

She came to work the next day and wanted to know why I thought it was appropriate to suggest a show with an opening secene of a big hard cock while a women stroked it.

Turns out she accidentally watched the explicit sex film 'love' rather than the series.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Toilet humour.

I haven't seen the series in fairness although I imagine it's less graphic. Regarding the film, after she mentioned, I watched it that night. It's not even a blink and you miss it, Just lots of graphic scenes throughout.

Netflix seem pretty liberal with their films. Love and the Nymphomanic movies are as explicit I've seen in mainstream film.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

That absolutely destroyed my Wife and nearly got me too. This week looks crazy epic. Haven't watched last nights late night ep yet. Sadly we are now at the same pace as the Aus version so I can't just go on Dailymotion and watch the whole arc today.

Some times I feel like I'm the last person on the planet other than my 5 year old that still loves Neighbours. I've been writing reviews of each episode on and off for the last year starting from episode 1.

There is a great Neighbours podcast that's loads of fun called Neighbuzz in case your interested.

EDIT - Balls, I just checked and there was no late night episode last night. I guess that was a one off, I was under the impression it was all week.

I Sky+ Neighbours and have done for years and so does a couple of my friends. Yeah, the late night one on Monday was a one-off. Not really sure why it was on late either because it wasn't as if there was an post-watershed content in it.

I'd love to read some of your reviews! Link? And I'll definitely check out that podcast too. I met Dr Karl a couple of years ago when he was in panto. I'm slightly obsessed with him. I even got a birthday card and video from him this year :wub:   (That's not from stalking by the way. Everyone who signs up to his website gets a card and video.)

• Paid Members

I Sky+ Neighbours and have done for years and so does a couple of my friends. Yeah, the late night one on Monday was a one-off. Not really sure why it was on late either because it wasn't as if there was an post-watershed content in it.

I'd love to read some of your reviews! Link? And I'll definitely check out that podcast too. I met Dr Karl a couple of years ago when he was in panto. I'm slightly obsessed with him. I even got a birthday card and video from him this year :wub:   (That's not from stalking by the way. Everyone who signs up to his website gets a card and video.)

Oh that's awesome, I'd love to meet Dr K. I've been meaning to buy his CD as I hear they come signed.

I bought this bad boy on vinyl a couple of weeks back from Ebay

Going-Live.jpg

Stefan%20Dennis%20Going%20Live%20Autogra

Stefan%20Dennis%20Going%20Live%20Autogra

I love me some Paul.

The thing about the reviews I do is I only actually do them for a handful of mates on Facebook as a laugh. I have them all as files and have thought about doing a blog but I'm afraid Fosters might dislike my repetitive and aggressive distaste for their beer. Thing is I'm hardly a writer. I just love Neighbours old and new.

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members

I don't think I've seen Neighbours since it left the beeb.

Have they burnt down Lassaters again since it went to Ch5?

SPOILERS for this week

There was an explosion on Monday.

I'm pretty sure there has been a pattern of one disaster every 6 months for a while now. Erinsborough High went up in flames last year and about 6 months before that their was a hurricane.

• Paid Members

Have The Lawman and The Shamrock come back to the indies yet? Connor was the Jannetty of that tag.

I only refer to Connor as Irish Lance. Since Toadie got shot he's been off the indies. There's little chance he will ever return seeing as a flying bouncy castle nearly crippled him last year.

This Love Affair is cracking tune

Edited by DEF

During the early 90s if somebody had told me that Neighbours  and Home and Away would still be on the air in 2016 I would've said they were fucking stupid.  Remember those days when you would be off school sick and daytime TV was swamped with horrible Australian shows like A Country Practise, The Sullivans, Flying Doctors and Sons and Daughters.  Fucking awful it was.

• Paid Members

Yeah but those other shows were pretty awful. I remember The Flying Doctors and Sons and Daughters being on whenever I was off sick.

Edited by DEF