What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Happy Valley is/was shit.

The second series was. Total letdown.  Same thing happened with Broadchurch, just a pointless extension of the story on the strength of the first series.  I dread to think how shit series 3 of Broadchurch is going to be.

• Paid Members

Where are you watching Cracker? I looked for it on Netflix ages ago but it wasn't on there, has it appeared now?

I picked up the full DVD boxset for £13 off amazon.

I still buy stuff I like on DVD. I don't like to rely on streaming services, I don't like that things disappear and then come back and I'm wary of whether you have to pay for something more than once.

Cracker might be on Amazon prime, was looking at the episode guide earlier and it had some links for £1.89 an episode.

• Awards Moderator

The Muppets got a bit hit-and-miss after I last posted about it in here, but the last couple of episodes were really good. Felt a lot more like they'd realised why the Muppets are so great - plus they brought back 'Veterinarian's Hospital' in the penultimate episode which was always my favourite sketch on The Muppet Show.

"The continuing stooooory of a quack who's gone to the dogs…"

• Paid Members

A 24 part documentary about The Cold War is my current viewing. It's great stuff, but I'm a boring history freak.

Is that the one narrated by Kenneth Branagh? It's about as close to the outstanding World at War as you're likely to get.

• Paid Members

Chilli, what is that documentary on? I need a good documentary to get my teeth into and I don't know as much as I should about the Cold War.

Might want to try this Punkstep. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22KIQ1QNnhE&list=PL3H6z037pboGWTxs3xGP7HRGrQ5dOQdGc

25 parter on the Cold War which I remember being very good. Not sure if it's the same one that Chilli is watching but it's worth a bash if you're looking for a decent overview of a wonderfully interesting period.

Edited by Gus Mears