What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I tried going back and watching season 1 of Arrow but I didn't really like it. I'd only seen him in The Flash previously but was a bit disappointed when I saw Arrow as I thought it took itself way too seriously. I like The Flash and Supergirl as they're very tongue in cheek but Arrow isn't like that. I think I gave up after about 10 episodes.

I loved the first season of The 100 but soon got bored of season 2 and now I've no idea what's going on. I think they reunited everyone from the spaceship too soon. Also, half the cast was in Neighbours so that was a little distracting. Is Ricky Whittle still in it?

Anyone watched Angie Tribeca? 

It's a Police Squad style comedy made by Steve Carell, has some very funny / silly moments. Worth watching if you like that kind Airplane/Naked Gun style.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3597790/

I love It's Always Sunny but agree that the most recent season had some duff episodes (Frank POV and the court case episode which was far too silly). I actually liked the ski lodge episode but the best one was the one where Mac & Denis move to the suburbs....though Dennis kidnapping people in the Paddy Wagon was very funny. With 3 more seasons to come I hope they can dial it back and not take the characters to extremes. Uncle Jack being paranoid about his tiny hands is funny. Uncle Jack wearing fake hands in court isn't. Maureen Ponderosa having a dead tooth is funny....her becoming a cat isn't....

• Awards Moderator

I've still got all 6 episodes of The Night Manager stored up on Sky +. I'll get around to watching them at some point. A few seem to think that it was overhyped

It probably seems better if you're old like me.

• Moderators

Currently revisiting Game On. Time's been a lot kinder to it than it has to Men Behaving Badly, and 1996 Samantha Janus is the most perfect woman of all time. Ben Chaplin was far better a Matthew than Neil Stuke though. It just adds an extra dimension when this mentally ill orphaned arsehole has good looks to go with his financial comfort. Kind of a "He has it all, but has nothing" thing.

The show also gets extra points for "You Judith!", "Doggy fashion", and "Claire's bedroom was festooned with jism tonight.".

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Ben Chaplin was far better a Matthew than Neil Stuke though. It just adds an extra dimension when this mentally ill orphaned arsehole has good looks to go with his financial comfort. Kind of a "He has it all, but has nothing" thing.

THANK YOU, everyone normally goes with Neil Stuke as the best Matthew. Chaplin's Matthew just dripped in coolness and machismo. I think it's aged well, although some of the racial-themed jokes wouldn't make it onto sitcoms these days in the same context. The best insults came from Game On when I was at school. Girly shirt-lifting tosspiece.

The first episode of Mad Dogs is worth watching alone for Ben Chaplin practically bringing Matthew back to life for an hour.

Ben Chaplin was far better a Matthew than Neil Stuke though. It just adds an extra dimension when this mentally ill orphaned arsehole has good looks to go with his financial comfort. Kind of a "He has it all, but has nothing" thing.

THANK YOU, everyone normally goes with Neil Stuke as the best Matthew. Chaplin's Matthew just dripped in coolness and machismo. I think it's aged well, although some of the racial-themed jokes wouldn't make it onto sitcoms these days in the same context. The best insults came from Game On when I was at school. Girly shirt-lifting tosspiece.

The first episode of Mad Dogs is worth watching alone for Ben Chaplin practically bringing Matthew back to life for an hour.

I'll agree with all that.  Me and my brother used 'girl shirt-lifting tosspiece way too much when we were kids.  I remember reading an interview with Simon Pegg about Spaced being a reaction to shows like Game On that were written by older people but i love Game On.  I still watch anything Ben Chaplin is in just because of the show.

Edited by Twatters

• Paid Members

I loved Ben Chaplin in Game On - definitely agree he was better than Neil Stuke.

I also liked him when he was in The Truth About Cats & Dogs. That film always gave me hope that the dowdy frumpy girl could get the good-looking guy.

I've never met anyone who thought Matthew 2 was better than Mathew 1. Ben Chaplins De Niro face is tremendous as well. His story about killing his dad was great.

Between Samamtha Janus being dressed as a school girl in Game On and the shower scene in Up and Under I must have starched a few dozen socks in my teenage years. Doesn't do it for me anymore though.

• Paid Members

Has anyone been watching this week's Neighbours? Some really great acting (Yes, acting. On Neighbours.) going on at the moment. I can't do spoiler tags on my phone (and I'm not even sure Neighbours needs spoiler tags but anyway...) so I don't want to give anything away but I'm blubbering like a twat at the moment after catching up with yesterday's special episode and today's regular one.

• Paid Members

Ah, Select magazine!! There's a blast from the past, Gammon!

I remember I robbed one of them out of the Donaghmede library in Dublin when I was about 15 coz it had a picture of Shirley Manson in a see through top, and the glee stricken panic that encompassed me to get home quite fast in order to gentlemanly accommodate the image.

What resulted was a horrific moment where I got rumbled by my da wearing a Durex while sticking it in a jar of Panda Two Tone.