CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

There should be the abilty for wrestlers to retire more comfortably, for sure. Pensions starting at a younger age than most businesses due to the wear on their health in such a short span would be a good start.

Fuck, does any company even have pensions at all?

Edited by Merzbow

14 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

No, although AEW was going to give the workers health insurance weren't they? Or was that just the EVP's?

I seem to recall shortly after Mox debuted for AEW he said in an interview that he “had health insurance through his wife”. Renee at the time was still working at WWE, so I think staff get it but not the wrestlers, which is pretty arse backwards when you think about it.

There was also something when AEW launched about everyone getting “equal pay” that seemed to get misconstrued as Luther was making the same as Kenny Omega, but I can’t remember which interview/outlet that came from.

2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

seem to recall shortly after Mox debuted for AEW he said in an interview that he “had health insurance through his wife”. Renee at the time was still working at WWE, so I think staff get it but not the wrestlers, which is pretty arse backwards when you think about it.

It is pro wrestling. What do you expect. People to be treated humanely? 

1 minute ago, Tsurutagun said:

It is pro wrestling. What do you expect. People to be treated humanely? 

Well, at launch they said how they would do things fairer and the mooted heath cover got lauded and won them lots of goodwill, so yes. 

Health insurance only comes for the employee wrestlers, so evps, daniels as talent relations, ieva bates backstage role etc

Edited by Louch

6 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

There’s a lot of fluff there - but spade a spade, in the end he basically admits what Punk accused them of, he just tries to undermine the injury.

It’s all a bit messy and I wish everyone would shut up.

Mox is a work till the wheels fall off guy, which is fine, and Punk seemingly has a different opinion, which is equally fine.

No one should be asked to work hurt, though, even if you personally think that makes them soft.

Mox took time off to go into recovery, avoided signing a long-term contract as he was wary of the commitment while dealing with sobriety, now limiting his bookings as he doesn't want to over do it. Another reason why he still does the indies, because he knows it's how to stay in ring shape.  Bit more self-awareness than just a 'work till the wheels fall off guy'.

Doesn't seem like either one of them were particularly kept in the loop about All Out plans. First time Mox sees CM Punk is at Quake by the Lake where he's walking fine, doing some brawling with the JAS, and hopping around on one foot.

While Punk might have characterised it as working hurt and a squash. Through Mox's eyes it's more 'he's back, if that's what your limitations are we can work around it.'

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

If that’s one of the things they were touting at launch as making them different from big, bad WWE, then yes.

I never expected them to go through with it. That kind of thing probably costs a shitload of money and Tony went nah

Big business is full of broken promises 

7 hours ago, Merzbow said:

does any company even have pensions at all?

havent got concrete information on this but in a week when the second biggest news in wrestling is someone getting stabbed in the cock with a syringe I would not committ myself to the notion

Edited by Cannibal Man

1 hour ago, Tsurutagun said:

I never expected them to go through with it. That kind of thing probably costs a shitload of money and Tony went nah

Big business is full of broken promises 

That’s what makes it worse, the way they painted themselves as not doing business like WWE, offering a worker friendly environment but truth is, they aren’t. And it makes Sniff more of a twat if that’s what happened.