CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

50 minutes ago, JimmyAnderson said:

This may be common knowledge to everyone else on here but it was a surprise to me; as I was watching RAW Homecoming from 2005 the other day on the network and there's a lad front and centre with a hatful of signs that he shows throughout the night and during the main event (John Cena v Eric Bischoff for the WWE Title) one of his many was CM Punk is the future.

During the Michaels/Angle Iron Man match there was "my myspace name is Nature Brad". That hit home how old the episode was because he was advertising myspace. Ian Rotter = king of hardcore. Matt Sydal of all fucking things. He had plenty of others as well.

Along with flashbulbs, random signage is something I really miss from that era of wrestling.  For a long time WWE has policed the signs people bring to shows, although they may have eased on that in the Renaissance Era.

MySpace looks like it's finally dropped its other bollock - it's still there but doesn't seem to have been updated since 2022.  No sign of Nature Brad!

• 4 weeks later...

That video is great. You get to see both sides of the new Phil. Complete gentleman with kids, doing the autographs and taking the photographs, then the minute he hears the deep voices of male, middle aged wrestling fans who might want to talk for hours about kayfabe, Khan and star ratings? Absolutely pegs it.

My guy.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

3 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

the deep voices of male, middle aged wrestling fans who might want to talk for hours about kayfabe, Khan and star ratings

Can we add this to the forum's header logo? 

The old "I hope your parents die" CM Punk is still in there somewhere, and rightly so. Years ago i was at a WWE show and when I was standing at a urinal with my whalloper in my hand I sensed the bloke next to me staring at my face and smiling. I wanted to make sure he didn't have serious and complex learning difficulties so I asked him what he wanted. He has this vacant, self satisfied grin on his face and mumbled "I'm here to see Phil Brooks". He looked so pleased with himself. I turned away in disgust but he wasn't done. "Do you know who Phil Brooks is?". I'm not usually an ignorant person but I'm not having that, and certainly not in the toilet. Whenever there are signs CM Punk might hit the skids I'm usually at least slightly sympathetic as I always imagine ghouls like that haunting him constantly. 

If it had just been your standard, garden variety pervert chancing his luck it wouldn't have bothered me but this character really gave me the creeps.