CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Chili said:

Didn't Punk go mental about Kenny Omega drinking a Pepsi in a skit as an obvious dig at him? I just want that to be true through sheer silliness.

The only one I can remember is Punk's fans (and maybe him, I don't recall) freaking out at a skit where Omega drank "Pepsi" and then said it tasted like shit. When it was actually him doing a Terry Funk bit, where Terry drank some of Mr. Pogo's kerosene and when Pogo tried to tell him what it was, he just kept repeating, "no, I said it tastes like shit". 

20 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Then he blames others for the fact that he "had" to respond like that, because in his mind he had no choice and it's not his fault - it's theirs.

There's a real unpleasant air of "look what you made me do" about it all. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Brawl Out / Brawl In (?) is the new Montreal Screwjob. It's just something that's going to keep getting brought up in one way or the other for years, with absolutely no new information coming out yet people arguing the same points.

EDIT: That's not a dig at anyone in here at all, the discussion in this thread has actually been very entertaining and level headed, compared to the other corners of the internet where it's just children shouting over a fence at each other.

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Nick James said:

it's just children shouting over a fence at each other.

Shh, there's an NDA in place.

Oh wait...

• Paid Members

The NDA stuff is tragic. NDAs in wrestling should only be brought up in reference to Vince having the women he and his mates used, and paid off with company money, sign. Not a bunch of children having a real fight over their playfighting. The only likeable one amongst them was the dog.

15 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

I suspect he’s too fragile and broken to ever do much in the ring again, but ice cream Phil’s return to the major league is already worth it just for this grand display of shithousery. I suppose his next Helwani interview won’t be until he’s fallen out with everyone in WWE again.

There’s a lovely moment at the very end of that watchalong video with Orton, when Randy says ‘lets go lead this locker room.’

Punk gives a big smile and says ‘lets fucking do it.’ But there’s just a tiny change in his energy where you can see he’s wondering if Randy just got him with a sneak diss.

All of his incentives are keeping him in line for now but it won’t take much to push his buttons again.

• Paid Members

I've listened to it and it's fabulous. My highlights ;

(1) All the speculation and conjecture online - myself being convinced several weeks before that there was no way in hell he wasnt coming back, and the call only happened the Monday before? Jesus, Phil, the surprise was four months ago, you don't need to hype it up NOW as being a big shock. Unless that's legit, in which case... huh.

(2) "I get very uncomfortable when I have to talk about my contributions" Absolutely. He's channelling Bret wonderfully when he talks about people backstage thanking him for how the backstage vibe is. When he wasn't there for ten years. Tears in their eyes, right? Calm Modest Punk.

(3) "Vince doesn't like it when people are on the phone in the gym" - BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Without doubt, THIS is the part I most believe. What a fucking weirdo that monster is, even without the alleged rape and trafficking.

(4) Punk doesn't like peeling back the curtain and he's complaining about insider terms. "I don't like the drama." "I never do anything to expose the business." Sure, Jan.

(5) I like that re: Page he says he was madder about Page changing the direction of their face to face so his responses weren't properly prepped, as opposed to being upset about specific words - I think there's honesty there because there's a spicier version he could have said which as a proven peddler of bullshit, I expected.

(6) "I'm sure I helped somebody" - wow, that almost sounded humble.

His mention of The Rock had me thinking how great it would have been if they'd done a confrontation between the two last week at the Rosemont. I appreciate there's enough going on already with Punk-Drew-Rollins X Cody-Rollins-Rock-Roman, but we're not going to have too many opportunities for stuff like that. "The magic of CM Punk" goes down with "there’s not a lot of Chris Jerichos out there" - but better, because I find Punk's dellusions endearing rather than obnoxious (I can hear your shock, dear readers). And I love that he mentioned being responsible for selling out the Garden... as researched and documented by many including but not limited to myself, New York City has always got their wallet out for CM Punk.

The Forest stuff dotted around threw me for a loop. Love when Americans randomly support English footy teams.

On 7/31/2023 at 5:02 AM, air_raid said:

IMG_1067.webp

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

100% this. I like Punk, I pretty much always have, and I really enjoy listening to him speak as I find him funny (and I fancy him)

But I still think he's a bit of a nob who acts like a nob, and definitely don't think he's justified in choking someone, even if it was just a little bit. He's a mentalist most of the time.

And for me there is one other crucial piece of information and that's that when it comes down to it, I really don't care what any of these massive man-childs say or do, as I don't know them and it doesn't affect my life, so they can all say or do what they want. Does anyone actually get genuinely annoyed or offended when Punk has a pop at the Bucks or vice versa? If so, why?

Even when they were beefing in the same company, it didn't particularly affect me as I don't really watch that company much, but I understand that for some, Punk did sully their viewing of AEW as it bought a lot of drama and meant some of their favourites weren't on TV for a bit (is that right?)

All of that's not me being "too good for wrestling" by the way, at all as I'm not, but this is all just a bit of fun for me. I'd like them to throw stupid jabs at each other forever if it entertains me.

They're a bunch of fannies. All of them.

Yeah this is spot on. 

This stuff's great. Some fans forever want the business to go back to Michaels doing coke promos on Raw in 97 levels of drama and then pretend to not like it when it happens. 

I suppose those those people working themselves into an offended reaction pumps back into the whole atmosphere of the thing though so I shouldn't complain about it too much. 

Wrestling's weird.

Edited by The Gaffer

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

The only one I can remember is Punk's fans (and maybe him, I don't recall) freaking out at a skit where Omega drank "Pepsi" and then said it tasted like shit. When it was actually him doing a Terry Funk bit, where Terry drank some of Mr. Pogo's kerosene and when Pogo tried to tell him what it was, he just kept repeating, "no, I said it tastes like shit". 

It was last September, and the BTE guys got a legal letter saying they'd broken the NDA from Punk's lawyer in that episode. The Pepsi bottle was the only possible reference that anyone could find.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

100% this. I like Punk, I pretty much always have, and I really enjoy listening to him speak as I find him funny (and I fancy him)

But I still think he's a bit of a nob who acts like a nob, and definitely don't think he's justified in choking someone, even if it was just a little bit. He's a mentalist most of the time.

And for me there is one other crucial piece of information and that's that when it comes down to it, I really don't care what any of these massive man-childs say or do, as I don't know them and it doesn't affect my life, so they can all say or do what they want. Does anyone actually get genuinely annoyed or offended when Punk has a pop at the Bucks or vice versa? If so, why?

Even when they were beefing in the same company, it didn't particularly affect me as I don't really watch that company much, but I understand that for some, Punk did sully their viewing of AEW as it bought a lot of drama and meant some of their favourites weren't on TV for a bit (is that right?)

All of that's not me being "too good for wrestling" by the way, at all as I'm not, but this is all just a bit of fun for me. I'd like them to throw stupid jabs at each other forever if it entertains me.

They're a bunch of fannies. All of them.

I'm similar, but with an opposite outcome - he doesn't affect me, and it's clearly six of one and half a dozen of the other with him, but, aside from that brief "Best In The World" run in WWE, I've never been particularly bothered about him; I don't like him, and I don't hate him. I'm just not emotionally invested in the guy, and never have been - he was in the first ever live wrestling show I went to, FWA New Frontiers 2004, facing Raven, and it was a fun match, but I wasn't overly bothered about it; was more interested in the British guys because I felt like I was discovering something new.

Consequently, I'm finding this stuff a bit tiresome. I find people's discussion of the drama interesting, but not the drama itself, odd as that might sound.

4 hours ago, air_raid said:

The Forest stuff dotted around threw me for a loop. Love when Americans randomly support English footy teams.

Edited by Carbomb
Forgot to include a whole section.

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

I'm similar, but with an opposite outcome - he doesn't affect me, and it's clearly six of one and half a dozen of the other with him, but, aside from that brief "Best In The World" run in WWE, I've never been particularly bothered about him; I don't like him, and I don't hate him. I'm just not emotionally invested in the guy, and never have been - he was in

Consequently, I'm finding this stuff a bit tiresome. I find people's discussion of the drama interesting, but not the drama itself, odd as that might sound.

THE Blackburn Rovers. This video is a inside joke between me and my mate. We reference this all the time, HBK has a "distant" Relative. Doubt he's been to a Blackburn game in the last 29 years since this.