CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Who said it wasn't? I think everyone agrees that Jack Perry is an idiot. They should have sacked him for it.

No one said it wasn't but it is an overreaction at least equal to Punk losing his shit at Da Meltz leaks which you crowned as the ultimate overreaction. My point is that they all overreact when they don't get their own way, I used Perry as an example. 

• Paid Members

The most fascinating part was listening to the mental gymnastics he used to explain why his shoot comments and insider references are so much more sophisticated, and therefore justified. Saying with a straight face that “the magic of CM Punk,” was in how he always kept it within the fiction of the storyline, created a level of ambiguity, and he knew where to draw the line.

”Bucks,” can also be in reference to currency, you see. So the, “counterfeit bucks,” line was actually really clever and not a childish, petty dig. Not sure I caught the clever sophistication or ambiguity of when he was shouting about Hangman Adam Page being unable to sell action figures or pop ratings. Must have been above me.

Also, in regards to knowing where to draw the line, I reckon mumbling something obscure about worker’s rights pales in comparison to challenging your promo partner to say the name of the former owner of the company, currently under investigation for sex trafficking.

Would've been interesting if he was challenged in any way whatsoever, but true to form I think Ariel’s entire response to all this was to describe Punk’s comments on Monday as, “killer line, bro.” The real journalist there, whose entire approach to this interview was, “why are you so brilliant?”

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Would've been interesting if he was challenged in any way whatsoever, but true to form I think Ariel’s entire response to all this was to describe Punk’s comments on Monday as, “killer line, bro.” The real journalist there, whose entire approach to this interview was, “why are you so brilliant?”

@jbwkz1313 - 11 hours ago - Props to Ariel, what an interview. No softball questions.

@heihvyegs - 9 hours ago - That’s what you get when you have a real journalist, not your friends playing journalist because they made a YouTube channel

Who to believe? 😆

FWIW - I enjoyed the interview. Punk's the best worked in the business. You accept that and it's all easier.

• Paid Members

My main takeaway from the interview, which I enjoyed a lot, was that CM Punk doesn't understand what a loaded question is.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

My main takeaway from the interview, which I enjoyed a lot, was that CM Punk doesn't understand what a loaded question is.

I think mine was that wrestlers refer to "the internet" like it's 1999. Punk even spoke about TikTok and YouTube and still made his points about this broader appeal someone like The Rock brings. The Rock's broad appeal isn't from wrestling, even at the height of it's popularity. It's from mainstream TV and movies. He's pop culture. What's pop culture now? The Internet. Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube, etc. It's such a stupid contradiction given wrestling loves to champion their massive interactions on Twitter, Facebook, Insta, Tout, etc, rightly, and they'll use those massive numbers in contract negotiations, sponsorship deals, etc. Yet a lot of these muppets still have this "internet bad" mentality like that old HHH gif. Just say you mean Dave Meltzer and Ross Sapp and whoever else writes badly about wrestling these days. It's odd.

• Paid Members

Ha! Yeah, nobody likes "Internet fans." Although show me a wrestling fan that doesn't use the net in relation to wrestling. They don't exist.

Punk's the best worker alive. I bet he never slags anyone off that he doesn't have on speed dial, so he can call them up and say "Hey man, I may have told a podcast that your dad used to smuggle immigrants over the border for crack, and I may have insinuated your brother fucks your sister, but its only in case we end up in the same company and can draw a ton of money. I'M WORKING, BRO!"

• Paid Members

Are there any wrestling journalists? Aren't they all just sycophants who will do anything for clicks and views. No actual journalistic integrity in any of them. Which I suppose is what the wrestlers and promoters want anyway. Your Meltzer's, your Van Vliet's, your Ross Sapp's et al. are all just stooges, all just part of the show. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Are there any wrestling journalists? Aren't they all just sycophants who will do anything for clicks and views. No actual journalistic integrity in any of them. Which I suppose is what the wrestlers and promoters want anyway. Your Meltzer's, your Van Vliet's, your Ross Sapp's et al. are all just stooges, all just part of the show. 

They start off as journalists until they realise there's no money in it so they become polemicists. That said, I don't think Dave Meltzer has ever been a journalist. He's an op-ed writer and historian.

Watched it all. Classic Punk, the finest bit was his gripe about guaranteed contracts, Hangman's workers rights line now makes Punk seem a right fanny. Also the Colt bit about squashing beefs but then lawyering up when Cabana broached it. He's a fantastic prick, I can't wait till he smacks Seth Rollins for something that Rollins probably didn't cause. It's gonna be wonderful.

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

Watched it all. Classic Punk, the finest bit was his gripe about guaranteed contracts, Hangman's workers rights line now makes Punk seem a right fanny. Also the Colt bit about squashing beefs but then lawyering up when Cabana broached it. He's a fantastic prick, I can't wait till he smacks Seth Rollins for something that Rollins probably didn't cause. It's gonna be wonderful.

Seth is way too much of a wet fart to maintain the beef.

I reckon he gave Punk side eye for a day, and then the next day was just like "I think I've made my point", and everything has been absolutely fine ever since.

• Paid Members

I know Punk famously made the blood money remark, but I can't remember exactly what Rollins said to him or what prompted it. I'm going to assume Punk made fun of his willy.