Matthew Posted April 3, 2024 Posted April 3, 2024 7 hours ago, air_raid said: 3) "Vince doesn't like it when people are on the phone in the gym" - BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Without doubt, THIS is the part I most believe. What a fucking weirdo that monster i I don’t actually think that’s a complete weirdo thing to dislike. I fucking hate it. Quote
Loki Posted April 3, 2024 Posted April 3, 2024 Yeah agreed. Some Insta twat filming himself doing reps and catching my balding spot in his video and my annoyed glare in the mirror. I always enjoy that occasional treat when one of them drops a weight on their £1000 phone. Jog on Tarantino, you’ll have to finish your workout without completing your movie. Quote
deathrey Posted April 3, 2024 Posted April 3, 2024 (edited) Oh @Loki whilst I completely agree with you, I think that may be the most grandad comment ever posted on this forum Edited April 3, 2024 by deathrey Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted April 3, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted April 3, 2024 (edited) On 4/2/2024 at 5:41 PM, The Gaffer said: If that's some weird old school view then I must be really out of touch too, because the counterargument that they're a TV company seems like a bit of a free pass to me. Not only is your house a major part of your television presentation, it's also...I don't know. I kinda want my major wrestling organisations to strive to have big houses. Even if the business has changed yadda yadda. Ofcourse big houses are key to wrestling being fun and crazy and a lively crowd is essential. Likewise ticket sales bring in big money. But the real money is absolutely in media rights. They are the sole reason WWE has been making record breaking profits for years now. If AEW was drawing big crowds but had a bad TV deal the money from live shows would be highly unlikely to put AEW in profit. Creating lots of content that they can get paid for is the key to the companies long term business model. Everything from the past 4 years plus has essentially been leading up to this round of TV rights, it's their only chance to be a self sufficient profitable company. Calling AEW a "TV company" isn't giving them a free pass or excusing their mistakes but it does help understand what their priorities are and why they've been shite at certain things. Edited April 3, 2024 by LaGoosh Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 3, 2024 Members Posted April 3, 2024 1 hour ago, Loki said: Jog on Tarantino Curl Bill? Kill Bell? Rep-ervoir Dogs? Pulp HIIT-tion? Sorry, depression/manicness needs outlet tonight.... ....wait....SAMUEL BELL JACKSON! Quote
Loki Posted April 3, 2024 Posted April 3, 2024 56 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Curl Bill? Kill Bell? Rep-ervoir Dogs? Pulp HIIT-tion? Sorry, depression/manicness needs outlet tonight.... ....wait....SAMUEL BELL JACKSON! Jacked-up Brown? Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 3, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 3, 2024 2 hours ago, Loki said: Jacked-up Brown? What Vince originally wanted to call Bobby Lashley I believe. Quote
David Posted April 4, 2024 Posted April 4, 2024 On 4/2/2024 at 3:22 AM, Devon Malcolm said: My main takeaway from the interview, which I enjoyed a lot, was that CM Punk doesn't understand what a loaded question is. Oh, I'd disagree with that. I really doubt Punk went on Helwani's show without knowing exactly what he was going to be asked. Helwani is basically a more coherent, polished modern-day Meltzer in Air Jordans and a checked shirt. The whole interview was amazing. Punk essentially admitted to coming into AEW, doing exactly what he wanted, choking out a fellow talent, throwing his weight around before leaving, walking back into the big company and the "real business", and becoming an even bigger star. The "internet fans" simply can't win when it comes to Punk. At every stage they want to see him fail, and he just keeps fucking winning. Remember when there were whispers of him going back to WWE, and everyone laughed and claimed there was no way they'd take him back? Good times. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted April 4, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2024 I thought "Internet fans" were the ones who liked CM Punk. I'm so confused. Either that or "internet fans" is a meaningless distinction when everyone is on social media and the fanbase is a fraction of what it used to be. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted April 4, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2024 34 minutes ago, BomberPat said: I thought "Internet fans" were the ones who liked CM Punk. I'm so confused. Either that or "internet fans" is a meaningless distinction when everyone is on social media and the fanbase is a fraction of what it used to be. Its essentially “the generation after mine” isn’t it? Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted April 4, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2024 3 hours ago, David said: Oh, I'd disagree with that. I really doubt Punk went on Helwani's show without knowing exactly what he was going to be asked. Not really the point I was making with my post there, David, but you do you Quote
David Posted April 5, 2024 Posted April 5, 2024 4 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: Not really the point I was making with my post there, David, but you do you Your point was that CM Punk doesn't understand what a loaded question is. I disagree. ? Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 5, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2024 12 hours ago, David said: Remember when there were whispers of him going back to WWE, and everyone laughed and claimed there was no way they'd take him back? Good times. Vividly. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted April 5, 2024 Posted April 5, 2024 On 4/3/2024 at 6:39 PM, Matthew said: I don’t actually think that’s a complete weirdo thing to dislike. I fucking hate it. Yeah, I much prefer to look at my lard flavoured sweat drip all over the treadmill screen for 20 minutes. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted April 5, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted April 5, 2024 (edited) 13 hours ago, David said: Punk essentially admitted to coming into AEW, doing exactly what he wanted, choking out a fellow talent, throwing his weight around before leaving, walking back into the big company and the "real business", and becoming an even bigger star. The "internet fans" simply can't win when it comes to Punk. At every stage they want to see him fail, and he just keeps fucking winning. - wasn't part of the problem that Punk couldn't do exactly what he wanted and that made him miserable? - I think you've created a group of people in your mind that don't actually exist. In reality the "internet fans" as you simplistically call them are his main fan base and pretty much love him. The overall positive reaction to his return proves this. Punk only really has the "internet fans" anyway, he's never really been able to seriously appeal to the "casual fan" which is why he never got the proper big sustained WWE main event pushes with the entire machine behind him that Cena, Reigns, Orton or Batista got. Edited April 5, 2024 by LaGoosh Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.