CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

Most honest take yet on the McMahon stuff too, I'd advise people to seek out the interview itself as it hits better rather than posting quotes in here, but it was refreshing to hear Punk be honest about the Vince situation and he comes across very well with it.

Tony Khan is going to have one of his coked up twitter meltdowns to end all meltdowns with the other stuff he's gone on about.

Punker setting himself up to be the first big trend of WrestleMania week for a show he's not wrestling on. You love to see it. Add to the mental, Phil! 

• Paid Members

He's always entertaining to listen to, but when you consider a few years back he was doing these interviews about Triple H being a fucking idiot and WWE almost killing him, you have to take everything he says with a massive shaker of salt.

He is the absolute fucking best. I love him. I'm sure the bedwetters and pearl clutchers will be out in earnest tonight. Good. 

I can't believe he's gonna make me watch an Ariel Helwani interview mind. Crazy times. Why is he a Forest fan? What's going on?

• Paid Members

Clips I’ve seen so far are very entertaining. Looking forward to listening to the whole show. I’d like it if Ariel asked him what the difference is between Hangman improvising against the script on live TV and Punk daring Drew to say Vince McMahon’s name, but I haven’t expected anything clever or interesting from Ariel in forever. Absolute bum licker these days.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

He is the absolute fucking best. I love him. I'm sure the bedwetters and pearl clutchers will be out in earnest tonight. Good. 

I can't believe he's gonna make me watch an Ariel Helwani interview mind. Crazy times. Why is he a Forest fan? What's going on?

I’ve watched half of it. If you thought he was an egotistical cunt before, you’re not going to change your mind. Same if you think the sun shines out his arse. Him saying he thought he was acting professional is hysterical though. If there’s any take away it’s the man needs therapy and Tony needs to be a boss (hardly a revelation though).

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

17 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

He's always entertaining to listen to, but when you consider a few years back he was doing these interviews about Triple H being a fucking idiot and WWE almost killing him, you have to take everything he says with a massive shaker of salt.

People change. You can think someone is an idiot until you encounter even bigger idiots. You can look back at things with different eyes the older you get. I certainly do. You can mean the things you said at the time and see them in a different light in hindsight. It doesn't necessarily make you a hypocrite or full of shit. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

It's all pretty much what you would expect. At one point he says "I don't wanna' start drama" with a completely straight face. Doesn't accept any blame for what happened, makes the expected potshots. He's always been very good at presenting his opinion on things in hindsight as totally reasonable and professional when you know at the time he was throwing a complete wobble and pissy fit. As modern day bullshitters in wrestling go he's one of the best.

Edited by LaGoosh

He's a very frustrating man, as there's always a kernel of sense in there but it's wrapped in complete hubristic self confidence and bullshit.

What Jack Perry did was clearly unprofessional and disrespectful, and absolutely that sort of behaviour probably does go unpunished because TK wants to be everyone's mate... but, I don't for one second believe Punk went up to him calmly to ask why he was doing 'dumb Internet stuff'. Also, "what are we doing here? I could fucking kill you. Its like Chael says..." is the lamest Punk has ever sounded.

I like Ol' Phil. I want his body to hold together for one last run. But, his obsession with being seen as one of the hard lads is so embarrassing. Just be the dork I suspect you are. Tracy Smothers is dead, no one cares about hard men anymore.

The dorks run wrestling in 2024, you'd think he'd be in his element.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

"And everyone's like 'Oh my god, think of the billionaires'"

Genuinely the funniest man in wrestling. I cracked up at that, and "you know I always try and stay humble" Phil! Hahahaha.

He's great value always, and that was a brilliant watch.

• Paid Members

The off script comment Hangman made that riled Punk so much was that he didn't care about workers rights. In this interview Punk says guaranteed money has ruined pro wrestling. Hangman was right all along!

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

"And everyone's like 'Oh my god, think of the billionaires'"

Genuinely the funniest man in wrestling. I cracked up at that, and "you know I always try and stay humble" Phil! Hahahaha.

He's great value always, and that was a brilliant watch.

Yeah choking someone a little bit not being provoked is hilarious behaviour and not at all insane. Although believing he can kill various wrestlers if Tony Khan didn’t sort things out is hilarious

What was it Mox said about him again?

Edited by Hannibal Scorch