d-d-d-dAz Posted October 11, 2024 Posted October 11, 2024 (edited) 2 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Another reminder that he's aged so much over the year but it's fine! I wonder if there's any backstage footage of that night. Must be absolutely fascinating. He'll come back in January looking ten years younger. He's allergic to wrestling, I'm fairly sure. The end of his AEW run, his Wolverine run in WWE before that; he just seems to have this terrible physical reaction to being around wrestling. Edited October 11, 2024 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted October 11, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 11, 2024 34 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Another reminder that he's aged so much over the year but it's fine! I wonder if there's any backstage footage of that night. Must be absolutely fascinating. What I took from that was that he has a keyring shaped like a big pez and I was wondering where I could get one. Quote
The Masked Poster Posted November 13, 2024 Posted November 13, 2024 What was the score with CM Punk being on WWE programming on Fox a few years back but employed by Fox not WWE? Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted November 13, 2024 Posted November 13, 2024 6 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said: What was the score with CM Punk being on WWE programming on Fox a few years back but employed by Fox not WWE? Fox hired him, to be on WWE Backstage. It had nothing to do with WWE. Fox wanted them to sign him to a contract, And Vince refused. Is how I remember it at the time anyway. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 13, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted November 13, 2024 20 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: Fox hired him, to be on WWE Backstage. It had nothing to do with WWE. Fox wanted them to sign him to a contract, And Vince refused. Is how I remember it at the time anyway. I think they had discussions but they fell apart pretty quickly. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted November 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 13, 2024 All I remember about that show is when Punk cut a promo to camera and said 'You think you could take me? You couldn't take me bowling!' which is a cracking line to be fair. Quote
The Masked Poster Posted November 13, 2024 Posted November 13, 2024 But surely WWE wrote the content for WWE backstage? Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted November 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 13, 2024 1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said: All I remember about that show is when Punk cut a promo to camera and said 'You think you could take me? You couldn't take me bowling!' which is a cracking line to be fair. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted November 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 13, 2024 He does seem to have this ability with absolutely cutting lines - "It's not always about me, but it's never been about you" has a certain bite to it that feels really personal. Quote
SwayWays Posted November 14, 2024 Posted November 14, 2024 (edited) Agreed. That was a cracking line, great delivery to be fair. Edited November 14, 2024 by SwayWays Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted November 14, 2024 Posted November 14, 2024 9 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: He was on a TV show, what do you want him to do? Wear a veil and put on an accent? Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted November 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 14, 2024 37 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: He was on a TV show, what do you want him to do? Wear a veil and put on an accent? I was just suggesting knowing what old Phil is like he probably used that analogy because this scene of him at a bowling alley had become a popular meme. Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted November 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 14, 2024 11 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said: All I remember about that show is when Punk cut a promo to camera and said 'You think you could take me? You couldn't take me bowling!' which is a cracking line to be fair. Much better than his "Just when you think you have the answers, I change the culture" line. Just cringe all around. I know he's paraprhasing Piper, but fuck me it makes no sense. Didn't help he wasn't mic'ed up either. Awful stuff. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted November 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 15, 2024 Unpopular opinion: I would have liked to see CM Punk feud with Ken Kennedy/Anderson at some point, because I still maintain that, for all his faults, Ken is also very good at making things seem really personal, and getting the "ooooooh" out of the audience with a cutting remark. The promos in the build-up would've been ace. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.