d-d-d-dAz Posted November 26, 2024 Posted November 26, 2024 (edited) https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/cm-punk-names-superstars-he-wants-share-ring-and-marquee For someone who's built their career on being an eloquent speaker, he isn't half clumsy and offensive at times. I *sort* of see what he's going for here, but folding Gunther into his 'house show' matches when the guy is the fucking champion feels a bit nuts. Maybe just list people you want to wrestle, and don't get into who's a money match and who isn't. Edited November 26, 2024 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
The King of Old School Posted November 26, 2024 Posted November 26, 2024 Notice how he didn't list Seth Quote
SaitoRyo Posted November 26, 2024 Posted November 26, 2024 19 hours ago, Chili said: You had the chance to call a Regal a stooge on camera and you didn't Phil, ya big fanny. The awkwardness between Punk and William "I am not a grass" Regal (who isn't a grass, by the way) was very funny. I wonder what the deal with them is a year later. Quote
The Gaffer Posted November 26, 2024 Posted November 26, 2024 21 hours ago, mim731 said: Quite enjoyed watching this. Obviously there's lots of playing for the cameras, but it's quite a nice moment nevertheless. Twitter link's broken for me but they've uploaded it to YouTube as well: They're both great returns but personally I think history is being kinder to this one. Now I mean if he goes off on one and leaves in a blaze of disrepute that might change again, but right now I'm enjoying this one the most out of two incredible returns that I both watch back constantly. Edging the "Is that it? Are we going home? Is there more?" as long as they possibly could, Cult of Personality and the graphics back within the framework of the Evil Empire's production, just coming out and saying nothing and all of it happening mere months after something else happened which made it seem even more unlikely than it did a few years prior? Batshit. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted November 26, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 26, 2024 15 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said: The awkwardness between Punk and William "I am not a grass" Regal (who isn't a grass, by the way) was very funny. I wonder what the deal with them is a year later. Punk is spending quite a bit of time hanging around NXT and the PC so I guess he is getting on fine with Regal. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted November 26, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 26, 2024 There was a report Punk called Regal a stooge in AEW, saying he didn’t trust him and refused to shake his hand. I think the reason was because Regal is a stooge that you shouldn’t trust. Quote
Merzbow Posted November 26, 2024 Posted November 26, 2024 I used to really like Regal until his podcast came out, he's an absolute bootlicker that actively discourages workers from fighting for their worth. Quote
Chili Posted November 26, 2024 Posted November 26, 2024 Are there any examples of Regal being a stooge and a shit beyond he's being mates with Jean-Paul Triple H? Not defending him, I just want the gossip to read. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted November 26, 2024 Posted November 26, 2024 6 minutes ago, Chili said: Are there any examples of Regal being a stooge and a shit beyond he's being mates with Jean-Paul Triple H? Not defending him, I just want the gossip to read. I would love to tell you, but I'm not a grass (just like William Regal, who definitely isn't a grass). Quote
Paid Members DCW Posted November 26, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 26, 2024 Loved Orton's reaction to seeing Punk, so natural whereas the rest of the lads were sorta walking on eggshells. That Regal pod was so disappointing too. I can't remember him actually saying anything of note. The host was so insipid and fanboy-ish too, even worse than that Conrad lad who is at least a proper carny. Regal was a rambling mess most of the time and yer man wouldn't even attempt to bring the conversation back on some semblance of the topic. Pity, cos Regal's book was very good and very honest. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted November 26, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 26, 2024 44 minutes ago, DCW said: Regal was a rambling mess most of the time and yer man wouldn't even attempt to bring the conversation back on some semblance of the topic He was like this at his live show, which was about ten years ago now I think. He rambled on for ages and got confused with all sorts of things. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted November 26, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 26, 2024 55 minutes ago, DCW said: That Regal pod was so disappointing too. I can't remember him actually saying anything of note. “I just do me” ”I’ve lived a charmed life” ”I’m not gonna name any names” ”I just do me” ”I’m not saying I’m hard but…we’ll just leave it there” “I just do me” For two hours. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 26, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted November 26, 2024 Regal is always great when talking about the old British scene but it seems like his brain is scrambled eggs for any other time period and he's got nothing of note to say for the most part. That Punk video was interesting. Strange vibes throughout and you can feel some of the tension with some people so clearly. Quote
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted November 26, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 26, 2024 3 hours ago, DCW said: Loved Orton's reaction to seeing Punk, so natural whereas the rest of the lads were sorta walking on eggshells. Can't remember if it's in this thread or in a different one, but this is just more proof that modern Randy Orton is great. He's just enjoying everything and so much of the anger he had some years ago seems to be gone. Contrast that with Punk who seems to keep carrying it with him. I hope for his sake he can achieve an Orton level of zen. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted November 27, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 27, 2024 11 hours ago, Chili said: Are there any examples of Regal being a stooge and a shit beyond he's being mates with Jean-Paul Triple H? Not defending him, I just want the gossip to read. 10 hours ago, SaitoRyo said: I would love to tell you, but I'm not a grass (just like William Regal, who definitely isn't a grass). AJ Francis on a podcast said Regal was helping out on Smackdown for a while before he left AEW. Nothing concrete has come out. No one backed the statement, nor was it denied. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.