TheScarlettChad Posted December 5, 2024 Posted December 5, 2024 Nobody comes off well. Punk isn't the only clown in that situation. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted December 5, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted December 5, 2024 Isn't that what everyone is saying? Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted December 5, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 5, 2024 (edited) 10 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: According to Nemeth, he first reached out to AEW’s legal department in April 2023, fearing that Punk would target him. He also alleges that Punk threatened him during a locker room encounter in June 2023. Despite receiving empathy from some AEW talent, including Tony Schiavone and the Young Bucks, and assurances that his career wouldn’t be impacted, Nemeth felt ostracized, especially after not being booked for two months. He also believed that his contract would be allowed to expire without renewal, which he feared was punishment for speaking out. Was there some sort of pre-existing heat with Punk and Nemeth? Not justifying Punk's behaviour at all, he's defintely got it in his loicker based on history, but it's curious if Nemeth reached out to the legal department prior to things happening without there being some sort of existing issue or heat between them? Feels like there's a missing detail somewhere. That said, anything that makes for a safer working environment can only be a good thing, especially in a company that has had multiple backstage issues over the last five years and if this a catalyst for that, then that's excellent. Edited December 5, 2024 by mim731 Just to annoy Bacon, I won't say what my edit was Quote
Paid Members DCW Posted December 5, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 5, 2024 Auld TK only wants to play as a boss. He clearly doesn't want to do any of the uninteresting, trifling little things like protecting his employees or his company from hr related strife. Doesn't have to do these himself like, just get yes men like Prichard/JR were for Vince to do the dirty work. This isn't groundbreaking news at all like. We all know Punk will take the piss if nobody is willing to reign in his ego a wee bit. TK seemed to be so star blinded by Punk that he let him get away with anything, until it all blew up in his face. A really great business tactic that has seen Punk go on to become one of the biggest stars for the competition., Bravo Tony, you'll always have Jericho I suppose! Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted December 5, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 5, 2024 18 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: Nobody comes off well. Punk isn't the only clown in that situation. I’d say Punk is the biggest clown in this situation, but yes the internal AEW/HR response is appalling. 4 minutes ago, mim731 said: Was there some sort of pre-existing heat with Punk and Nemeth? Not that I’ve ever heard, although I believe Nemeth was brought in because of his Indy runs where he was mates with people like the Bucks and Cabana so it’s probably like Jack Perry association/affiliation with those and the divide post Brawl Out. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted December 5, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 5, 2024 So it seems that this was originally presented as a "Gotcha" on Punk by Scorch but it turns out no one comes out of it well and Punk is really only on the periphery of that. I even think I'm wrong for singling out Matt and Nick, seems like the whole AEW office doesn't come out great. Any notion of Khan as a kindly employer has long since left the building. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted December 5, 2024 Posted December 5, 2024 Being asked by someone to go out and cut a promo on him knowing it'll piss him off? Come on now. That's childish bullshit. No defending it. Even if you're a die hard AEW super fan. Quote
Chili Posted December 5, 2024 Posted December 5, 2024 (edited) 6 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: Being asked by someone to go out and cut a promo on him knowing it'll piss him off? Come on now. That's childish bullshit. No defending it. Even if you're a die hard AEW super fan. Where is this promo, I genuinely can't remember it and no I'm not saying that because I prefered their product. I also don't think Tony Khan believes AEW firing Punk was due to Ryan Nemeth either. While all this is shit, it's still wrestlers talking. Punk is still the biggest cunt in this, but bloody hell AEW seemed to do Ryan Nemeth over pretty bad there, the HR related stuff is absolutely cack and a regular employer would have their shit together more, but this is wrestling. I'd say there is no excuse for it and there isn't, but it's shitty fucking wrestling isn't it. Silver linings though, this probably kept Dolph Ziggler away. Edited December 5, 2024 by Chili Quote
Guest Posted December 5, 2024 Posted December 5, 2024 There are surprising number of people here who both feel sorry for Nemeth and also don't realise that it's Ryan Nemeth who is saying all of this. Nick Nemeth is Dolph Ziggler. I, for one, have no reason to disbelieve all the things that fit the characterisation we already of these people, at this time, other than Nemeth completely overplaying how much this will have impacted his booking. Khan blaming Nemeth for having to fire Punk? Are you kidding? That he stopped getting booking because of it? He was barely booked in the first place, because he was crap. Quote
Merzbow Posted December 5, 2024 Posted December 5, 2024 (edited) Nick's very much a pro-union lad and for a while all his segments on Being the Elite were him on the front lines of the writers strike, wouldn't be surprised if that in part brought on the ire of Billionaire Tone and Fauxialist Phil. He's more punk than Punk. I'm being a bit tongue in cheek here but I like Nick, seems like a great lad and I actually really enjoyed him when he was part of that little lower card stable. Edited December 5, 2024 by Merzbow Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 5, 2024 Posted December 5, 2024 I mean let's be honest, if Tony Khan killed a man there's some fans that would find a way to blame the guy that was murdered. "Well he shouldn't have been in the way of the knife!" I admire the enthusiasm for the company but there's some crazy blind shit with some people. Quote
Paid Members Slapnut Posted December 5, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 5, 2024 Not to downplay the lad’s experiences whatsoever, but is there any indication of what abuse and harassment he is referring to? Unless I’ve missed something, the only reported interaction between Punk and Nemeth appears to be the confrontation following the “softest man alive” tweet which, by all accounts, was a conversation followed by a handshake. Is there anything additional I’ve missed? Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted December 5, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 5, 2024 This thread is one of the most important on this board, I think, because it acts as a disingenuity depository for a number of people. Quote
Chili Posted December 5, 2024 Posted December 5, 2024 2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: This thread is one of the most important on this board, I think, because it acts as a disingenuity depository for a number of people. Name them, don't be coy. Quote
The Gaffer Posted December 5, 2024 Posted December 5, 2024 14 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: I mean let's be honest, if Tony Khan killed a man there's some fans that would find a way to blame the guy that was murdered. "Well he shouldn't have been in the way of the knife!" I admire the enthusiasm for the company but there's some crazy blind shit with some people. I do sort of feel like the "But lets really remind you he's bad now that he's working for the baddies!" thing happens. It sounds nuts, conspiratorial, and easy to make fun of. But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.