CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

AEW are just starting to get back on track after Punk's outburst, the last thing they need right now is to bring him back into the fold.

He's had his big return and his run as champion, time for AEW to fuck him off for good. Leave him to WWE for a surprise Rumble entrant next year, which he can win and have his WrestleMania main event. Then he can moan about something else.

5 hours ago, Louch said:

Guess we are getting Mox view on this Tomorrow 

https://www.youtube.com/@reneepaquette/community

Tomorrow Jon Moxley is back on The Sessions for what’s sure to be an episode that gets people talking. The former three time AEW World Champion gets into why he likes to bleed during his matches and what went into creating his Texas Death masterpiece with Hangman Adam Page. He also sings the praises of AEW up-and-comers, begrudgingly offers respect to his and Renee’s cat, and, yes, he talks about CM Punk’s Instagram post.

31 minutes ago, JimmyAnderson said:

AEW are just starting to get back on track after Punk's outburst, the last thing they need right now is to bring him back into the fold.

He's had his big return and his run as champion, time for AEW to fuck him off for good. Leave him to WWE for a surprise Rumble entrant next year, which he can win and have his WrestleMania main event. Then he can moan about something else.

I can’t see wwe touching him, imagine he went off on one and cost them a sponsorship or tv deal? Far too volatile for modern wwe to risk 

1 hour ago, Louch said:

I can’t see wwe touching him, imagine he went off on one and cost them a sponsorship or tv deal? Far too volatile for modern wwe to risk 

Imagine being a sponsor and you’re fine with the company being run by an alleged rapist, but you draw the line at CM Punk having a whinge about a few people at a press conference.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Fanny Pack said:

Mark me down as a "Punk is a whiney little bitch but I love him" guy.

I think ive rewatched that post  All Out tirade more than ive rewatched any wrestling match.

The fella is pure wrestling gold and prefer it when he is on my telly.

Which is great. You can rewatch the presser on YouTube while we all enjoy modern AEW without him. Hooray for technology, everyone is happy!

I suppose the question is was AEW better with Punk? He's only one man. They didn't need to build the company around him. He didn't come in and change the company or make it hugely successful when it wasn't etc etc.

Did he do some great work? Absolutely. But you can take him out and still have the same AEW, if not better. To me it's fairly obvious that it's not worth the risk bringing him back for a few decent promos and matches when the flip side is him fucking everything up backstage and unsettling the company as a whole.

Just why bother? They seem to have settled down again now mostly. I don't believe anything Punk can offer on screen is worth the hassle off it at this point.

I think Punk did what AEW needed him to do and it's probably for the best on all parties if they move on. Don't get me wrong I can see the money in Punk v Omega but i get the feeling AEW won't be able to pull it off, WWE has a great knack of getting guys who hate each other to see a common ground in the name of business but AEW seems to be be to 'off the cuff' and 'knee jerk' with how they do things.

• Paid Members

Punk had an incredible year, and it would almost be a shame to tarnish that by bringing him back anyway. For all the talk of making money off a Punk/Omega programme, I don't think we need the amount of sly worked shoot insider jokes that would produce. If you think Dax Harwood is insufferable now, can you even imagine. And I don't need a worked-shoot Young Bucks in my life.

The other thing is that he's clearly either very unfortunate, or his body's a wreck. He was injured after winning the belt - and for all the talk at the time that it was from diving into the crowd, the way he fluffed the Buckshot Lariat seemed like there was already something up before then - and got injured again the second time he won it. I might be forgetting more, and maybe there was other wear and tear in there that we don't know about, but after the mess with interim champions and plans getting thrown off, if I were Tony Khan I'd be a little wary of giving him a serious push again.

If he were to come back, it sounds like Moxley, Omega, the Young Bucks, Hangman, and MJF, would likely all refuse to work with him, and some might even threaten to walk out. When there's gossip about Omega possibly leaving anyway, they shouldn't be doing anything that might influence that decision. Even if they all stayed, but never worked with Punk, you just end up in a Cody-verse situation where you have one guy being presented as a major star but never interacting with the rest of the roster, just feuding with whoever the CM Punk equivalent of QT Marshall is. It would make for a bad telly.

At the end of the day, it comes down to whether the money they could make off him is worth the hassle. I'm not convinced that it is any more.

So far Mox has referred to Punk as a dick but also said there’s been more stupid drama in aew than anywhere he’s worked before, so something for everyone haha 

• Paid Members

The Mox has spoken

Spoiler

On the latest episode of the podcast hosted by his own wife Renee Paquette – The Sessions – Jon Moxley said:

“It’s f**king annoying. Just because somebody said some stupid s**t on social media, like that’s not news. But it is. It ends up being a thing. I don’t wanna get dragged into this dumb s**t. I could f**king unload on a lot of f**king people right now. And when I start getting dragged into this s**t, it tempts me to do that. But I’m not gonna f**king sink to that level.

“But, I will say this, just gonna give you like a tidbit of information from my point of view. The entire summer, I was not under contract. No contract. Free agent. I was at SummerSlam weekend wrestling f**king Desperado and s**t, the day of SummerSlam. F**king suplexed him on a bunch of aluminum cans and s**t, cut in half, it was f**king dope.

“I could have walked into SummerSlam that night. With the AEW f**king belt. If I had been so inclined. Nobody knew that because I don’t put my s**t out there in the world and let everybody know every f**king thing about my business, you know. I was not under contract.

“Reason being, if you’re curious, because I got out of rehab, and my contract was coming up. They extended it for the time that I missed, cool. I’m glad they did actually because I didn’t wanna feel like I owed them anything. They extended it a little bit, it was coming up, they were talking to me about it.

“And the last thing I wanted to do when I got out of rehab – because all they were telling me was basically, ‘Logic will tell you don’t go back to wrestling, because you’re just gonna fall into the same old habits’. So I wanted to just like, ease back into it, and see what life was like on the other side. And the last thing I wanted to do was just hurry up and sign a big long-term commitment. Because what if s**t started to go off the rails?

“Pretty quickly I was like, ‘Man, actually, being sober’s awesome, this is fantastic, I’m having so much fun’. I was working with my friends, Blackpool Combat Club, me and Bryan (Danielson) and s**t, f**king (William) Regal, this is great. They’re talking to me about signing a new thing and I was like, ‘If everything just stays exactly as it is right now, I’ll be here forever’. You can pay me in cash in an envelope at the end of the night, I don’t give a f**k.

“But I can’t tell you what I’m gonna feel like in six months, especially not in three years, or five years. And once I make a commitment, then I will push through injuries, and I will push myself too hard, and I will do all these things that add up, and leads you down the road or whatever. So I was not in a hurry to make any kind of grand commitments at first.

“That being said, during this time period, the night that ‘what’s his d**k’ (CM Punk) is talking about in Minneapolis, the night he came back and was hopping out on one foot, bumping around Inner Circle or whatever after me and Jericho wrestled – a badass match by the way.

“So we’re talking later about stuff. Now keep in mind – this is my whole point.

“I basically don’t work there. For all intents and purposes, I don’t even work here. Tony (Khan) is not my boss. I don’t even have to be in this room. I don’t have to do s**t. So even me being in this room and offering – and agreeing to – a storyline, that puts you over at the pay-per-view, if anything, I’m bending over backwards. For Tony. And for this dude (Punk). And for the company and everybody.

“I didn’t have to. I didn’t have to do s**t. If anything, I was bending over backwards. So, that’s it.”

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

At the end of the day, it comes down to whether the money they could make off him is worth the hassle. I'm not convinced that it is any more.

Likewise. Punk's initial debut and first PPV match drew big but ratings were pretty much at the same level after those passed. His big match with MJF had a lower rating than last weeks Dynamite with Kenny vs Vikingo in the main event. While I'm sure Punk definitely had some positive impact on business for AEW it's hardly like he was a John Cena who as soon as he's announced ticket sales, ratings and buy rates immediately go up. The question for Tony Khan is does he make enough of a financial impact to put up with all the other shit?

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The Mox has spoken

Hide contents

On the latest episode of the podcast hosted by his own wife Renee Paquette – The Sessions – Jon Moxley said:

“It’s f**king annoying. Just because somebody said some stupid s**t on social media, like that’s not news. But it is. It ends up being a thing. I don’t wanna get dragged into this dumb s**t. I could f**king unload on a lot of f**king people right now. And when I start getting dragged into this s**t, it tempts me to do that. But I’m not gonna f**king sink to that level.

“But, I will say this, just gonna give you like a tidbit of information from my point of view. The entire summer, I was not under contract. No contract. Free agent. I was at SummerSlam weekend wrestling f**king Desperado and s**t, the day of SummerSlam. F**king suplexed him on a bunch of aluminum cans and s**t, cut in half, it was f**king dope.

“I could have walked into SummerSlam that night. With the AEW f**king belt. If I had been so inclined. Nobody knew that because I don’t put my s**t out there in the world and let everybody know every f**king thing about my business, you know. I was not under contract.

“Reason being, if you’re curious, because I got out of rehab, and my contract was coming up. They extended it for the time that I missed, cool. I’m glad they did actually because I didn’t wanna feel like I owed them anything. They extended it a little bit, it was coming up, they were talking to me about it.

“And the last thing I wanted to do when I got out of rehab – because all they were telling me was basically, ‘Logic will tell you don’t go back to wrestling, because you’re just gonna fall into the same old habits’. So I wanted to just like, ease back into it, and see what life was like on the other side. And the last thing I wanted to do was just hurry up and sign a big long-term commitment. Because what if s**t started to go off the rails?

“Pretty quickly I was like, ‘Man, actually, being sober’s awesome, this is fantastic, I’m having so much fun’. I was working with my friends, Blackpool Combat Club, me and Bryan (Danielson) and s**t, f**king (William) Regal, this is great. They’re talking to me about signing a new thing and I was like, ‘If everything just stays exactly as it is right now, I’ll be here forever’. You can pay me in cash in an envelope at the end of the night, I don’t give a f**k.

“But I can’t tell you what I’m gonna feel like in six months, especially not in three years, or five years. And once I make a commitment, then I will push through injuries, and I will push myself too hard, and I will do all these things that add up, and leads you down the road or whatever. So I was not in a hurry to make any kind of grand commitments at first.

“That being said, during this time period, the night that ‘what’s his d**k’ (CM Punk) is talking about in Minneapolis, the night he came back and was hopping out on one foot, bumping around Inner Circle or whatever after me and Jericho wrestled – a badass match by the way.

“So we’re talking later about stuff. Now keep in mind – this is my whole point.

“I basically don’t work there. For all intents and purposes, I don’t even work here. Tony (Khan) is not my boss. I don’t even have to be in this room. I don’t have to do s**t. So even me being in this room and offering – and agreeing to – a storyline, that puts you over at the pay-per-view, if anything, I’m bending over backwards. For Tony. And for this dude (Punk). And for the company and everybody.

“I didn’t have to. I didn’t have to do s**t. If anything, I was bending over backwards. So, that’s it.”

There’s a lot of fluff there - but spade a spade, in the end he basically admits what Punk accused them of, he just tries to undermine the injury.

It’s all a bit messy and I wish everyone would shut up.

Mox is a work till the wheels fall off guy, which is fine, and Punk seemingly has a different opinion, which is equally fine.

No one should be asked to work hurt, though, even if you personally think that makes them soft.