CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Brawl Out is going to be the new Montreal Screwjob, isn't it? Just something that will not go away and every 6 months or so, someone decides to do a 'deep dive' into what went down, blah blah blah.

Maybe, but the Screwjob was just a lot more momentous, because of what it revealed about the industry. There's not really all that much that's revelatory about this situation; anything we didn't know is not particularly surprising, and fits in with what we do know.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Brawl Out is going to be the new Montreal Screwjob, isn't it? Just something that will not go away and every 6 months or so, someone decides to do a 'deep dive' into what went down, blah blah blah.

Plus someone always insisting it was a work.

In this case, the someone is me.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Carbomb said:

Maybe, but the Screwjob was just a lot more momentous, because of what it revealed about the industry. There's not really all that much that's revelatory about this situation; anything we didn't know is not particularly surprising, and fits in with what we do know.

Oh I'm not saying they are on par, just that its a boring subject after while that people drive further into the ground. 

18 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Oh I'm not saying they are on par, just that its a boring subject after while that people drive further into the ground. 

It can never, ever be solved though. That's the issue.

As it's not really an issue of right or wrong, it's an issue of personalities. Some people like the idea of working till your bones crumble to dust and sadness, others think you should be able to call for a night off if you've so much as got a strained thought. As for the original brawl stuff, some people will be on team Bucks, some people will be on team Punk.

We're just cursed to forever be tied to this unending cycle of tedious people tediously conflating unknown facts with their own tedious opinions.

Everyone just needs to... shut up, a bit.

43 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

There’s a lot of fluff there - but spade a spade, in the end he basically admits what Punk accused them of, he just tries to undermine the injury.

It’s all a bit messy and I wish everyone would shut up.

Mox is a work till the wheels fall off guy, which is fine, and Punk seemingly has a different opinion, which is equally fine.

No one should be asked to work hurt, though, even if you personally think that makes them soft.

I don’t get where you think he’s confirming the Punk story there, Punk did make a big thing that night of jumping around the ring on his previously injured foot to show he was ok, he wasn’t hobbling 

1 minute ago, Louch said:

I don’t get where you think he’s confirming the Punk story there, Punk did make a big thing that night of jumping around the ring on his previously injured foot to show he was ok, he wasn’t hobbling 

As far as I understand it, Punk has suggested that meeting took place when he was hurt and he was asked to do something by Mox/Tony, which he objected to doing as he was hurt.

Mox doesn't deny that, but says he wasn't under contract so he was just trying to help.

I think if Punk was injured (i've no reason to think he wasn't) then it's very possible he was asked to get something done.

But equally, I don't know nor do I care as it is utterly tedious as it's just he-said-they-said nonsense from a bunch of people who just need to stop talking. If they don't like each other fine, either work it out and carry on working together or don't and don't.

12 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

We're just cursed to forever be tied to this unending cycle of tedious people tediously conflating unknown facts with their own tedious opinions.

I think they’re called “Podcasts”

I’m calling bullshit that Punk hasn’t seen Rocky III. He’s the type of fan who growing up will have watched any old shite purely on the basis that there was a wrestler in it, and Rocky III has half of the main event of Wrestlemania I in it. There’s no way he hasn’t watched that

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m calling bullshit that Punk hasn’t seen Rocky III. He’s the type of fan who growing up will have watched any old shite purely on the basis that there was a wrestler in it, and Rocky III has half of the main event of Wrestlemania I in it. There’s no way he hasn’t watched that

I can imagine Punk is also the type of guy who is so desperate to prove that he's an "outsider" that he probably wouldn't watch something very popular just to show how cool and alternative he is. "Abba? Never listened to 'em".

The injury thing is weird because wrestlers also bang on about working hurt and how hard they are so it's confusing for from fans perspective to what's what. Yeah CM Punk shouldn't be pressured into working if he hasn't been medically cleared for a broken foot (even though he hopped around on it the minute he was back on TV), but Omega worked for months with a hernia, fucked shoulders, arms and knees so where's the line?

Edited by LaGoosh

16 hours ago, Slapnut said:

Imagine being a sponsor and you’re fine with the company being run by an alleged rapist, but you draw the line at CM Punk having a whinge about a few people at a press conference.

Thought it was obvious I was taking about if Punk started talking down a sponsor, not for a like for like with the press conference, but I guess not. But you are likely right in that if they can ignore the Vince press, they can ignore pretty much anything 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

The injury thing is weird because wrestlers also bang on about working hurt and how hard they are so it's confusing for from fans perspective to what's what. Yeah CM Punk shouldn't be pressured into working if he hasn't been medically cleared for a broken foot (even though he hopped around on it the minute he was back on TV), but Omega worked for months with a hernia, fucked shoulders, arms and knees so where's the line?

Agreed about Punk being a bloody-minded counterculturist, but this bit, I agree with daz - I think the line should be wherever the individual wrestler decides it is. "Wrestlers" aren't a monolith - perhaps more than your average person, they're expected to know their physical capabilities pretty well, so if Punk decided he was too hurt to work, it's not something that should be gainsaid.

Working hurt like that is cretinous, especially if you're a top guy. It sets a dangerous expectation for all workers and it's something that should have been stamped out of wrestling by now, it's also just another thing that makes the whole idea of a wrestling union dead in the water, sadly.

Edited by Merzbow

One of Punk's main complaints about WWE was them not taking his health seriously, so it shouldn't be surprising if it's still a sensitive matter to him in AEW with bad blood already on the rise.

46 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Working hurt like that is cretinous, especially if you're a top guy. It sets a dangerous expectation for all workers and it's something that should have been stamped out of wrestling by now, it's also just another thing that makes the whole idea of a wrestling union dead in the water, sadly.

Wrestling “hurt” has levels. You can be dangerously hurt, or have things that you just need to work around or manage. You have guys have whole careers where they manage knee or neck issues, we saying they should all retire?