1PW Returns

ReturnOfTheMack

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Last o heard Gauntley was involved in some company doing something with arcade cabinets. Not sure if it was just selling new ones or refurbished ones or what, but that must’ve been at least a decade ago.

My mates already been in touch about going but I’m not as enthusiastic as he seems to be

They were little models of arcade cabinets. He did a runner without fulfilling all his orders.

42 minutes ago, King of Hamptons said:

Also a lot of those early show matches, the dvd quality was awful! 

You can see how hit and miss the production was, even in the trailer they've released, jumping from broadcast quality stuff to MiniDV full of light bleeding. Might have to dig out my Kindle version of the 1PW book and find out who was actually in charge of production for them.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, chokeout said:

They were little models of arcade cabinets. He did a runner without fulfilling all his orders.

He seems to be as consistent with this shit as he was wrestling; he ran a business selling retro games art under the name 8-Bit Boutique, fucked up in the usual fashion, then relaunched it as PixeleyzArt on Etsy, now sells bad art and arcade cabinets as Pixel Eyes Gallery. Usual deal, continues to plug products while being chased for refunds for failing to deliver on what he's already sold. Disappears, comes back under a different name. There was the retro gaming magazine before that, and probably plenty of other efforts in that vein.

For what it's worth, companies house has 1PW Ltd as being incorporated last July, with Gauntley and Adam Moverley as the listed directors.

• Paid Members

IIRC the reason he was able to set up 1PW was because he was quite successful with 1UP Games, so at some point he knew what he was doing. Seems to have been all downhill from there though.

24 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

the cheapest tickets are £27.50.

Ringside are £67.50.

Went to their ticket website, people have bought the front row ones.

Don't know why anybody would pay £30 to meet Soho, James or RVD though. You buy those tickets directly through 1pw rather than the ticketing website so I would stay away from them. 

I don't know where 1pw fits in now anyway. Loads of promotions do imports, wwe tour constantly in the UK with a stadium show coming up. We are essentially waiting for a AEW tour. 

On 4/11/2022 at 7:46 PM, Tommy! said:

Here's hoping for all the bollocks; dozens of imports on ever show with only half turning up, starting shows 2 hours late, finishing shows 4 hours late, internet spats and worked shoots over tape libraries & belts, internet spats and worked shoots about thefts from the locker room, people moaning for the next 5 years they've never got a refund for something.

Fingers crossed lads.

The glory days, in other words. 

• Paid Members

The highlight of 1PW for me was how they'd book politically difficult matches then bullshit their way out of them.

Example - at No Turning Back they promoted Zero One's Masato Tanaka against Samoa Joe who'd either just started or was about to take bookings for Noah. Which ended in a massively disappointing count out after a short, disappointing match. This was immediately followed by TNA's Chris Daniels against ROH's Low Ki... which turned into an impromptu three way when Elix Skipper was inserted so neither would have to job for the other.

I loved many of those shows back in the day and I will always appreciate 1PW getting Bret over for one of his first signing dates in the UK. I didn't really have many shows where talent DNAd. 

I wasn't big on the online shit etc that was going on, so I was purely a fan of them getting names over to wrestle. 

However, the moment he fucked up Muta coming in he lost my interest. The fact RPW had to pick up the date on that was a blessing as it was local to me. Though Stone v Muta was hardly breathtaking.