1PW Returns

ReturnOfTheMack

Bit like my contributions to this forum, I've been a long time gone from live shows, but when I saw this promoted I knew it would either be highly enjoyable or a complete clusterfudge!

As it was, definitely trended more towards the enjoyable.

The good:

- All the main imports actually showed up!

- a pleasant mix of British talent and import / 1PW veterans.

- Matches generally entertaining and delivered. Unpredictable results too.

- Organisation, timekeeping and setup were good.

Ā 

The bad:

- the main event fell a rather flat - RVD seemed to be doing as little as possible, his wife was a very overstated presence at ringside and Haskins is a very kinetic wrestler who didn't really suit the pairing against the slow moving Van Dam (I'd rather have seen Daniels vs. RVD and Haskins vs. Noir). The ending definitely deflated the majority of the audience.

Ā 

The ugly:

- the classic Britwres post-match invasion by people you don't really know, for reasons that are incomprehensible. Half way through the first show and already got heels calling out the management and threatening to destroy the promotion in a segment that went on far too long. Felt completely inorganic and half the guys involved weren't even introduced ssoreally didn't set up any enthusiasm for a future feud.

Edited by Tim R-T-C

The more I see it the more stupid it is. Would a Splash from there have been any less impressive? At least that way he can see where heā€™s landing without risking his Spine. But no, best put a rotation in it and come what may in terms of where I land squarely on my Coccyx. Walkings overrated anywaysĀ 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Would a Splash from there have been any less impressive?

More likely to blow out a knee or face plant though, I'd guess.

You shouldn't be diving off a balcony in Doncaster for a handful of fans anyway, but if you want to and you've planned it out to be safe and some fat cunt breaks one of the tables I can write off carrying on as adrenaline or inexperience and understand it. That said you'd think an experienced crew would have worked a way out of it by cutting him off and working in a safer table spot.

Ā 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Tommy! said:

More likely to blow out a knee or face plant though, I'd guess.

You shouldn't be diving off a balcony in Doncaster for a handful of fans anyway, but if you want to and you've planned it out to be safe and some fat cunt breaks one of the tables I can write off carrying on as adrenaline or inexperience and understand it. That said you'd think an experienced crew would have worked a way out of it by cutting him off and working in a safer table spot.

Ā 

And they call us the marks. Almost crippling yourself for Ā£50. Maaaaan...

11 hours ago, Big Benny HG said:

The lad that came off the balcony is the co-owner/promoter, I believeĀ 

Almost crippling yourself to lose a few grand. Much better