1PW Returns

ReturnOfTheMack

9 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The perception of Womens wrestling has changed completely since the original 1PW. Having said that, I’m sure they did have the odd womens match on some of the pre/smaller shows

2 I remember one had Cheerleader Melissa but that was the 3pw/1PW tribute show, and there was one at the Granby... But it was awful if I remember. 

• 1 month later...

6 matches have been announced for this, so far:

- Rob Van Dam (with Katie Forbes) vs Mark Haskins (with Vicky Haskins)

- Mickie James vs Lizzy Evo

- Christopher Daniels vs Cara Noir

- Ruby Soho vs Session Moth Martina

- MLW World Championship: Alex Hammerstone vs Nathan Cruz

- Survival Of The Sickest: Ulf Herman, Big F'n Joe, Tyler Devlin vs Iceman, Jack (Iceman's son), Clint Margera

Also announced: Ace Austin, British Invasion (Doug Williams & Nick Aldis), Greg Burridge, Michael Oku, Robbie X, Ricky Knight Jr., Taonga, Scotty Rawk, Will Kroos.

At the end of June they announced over 1000 tickets had been sold.

Edited by dopper

Say what you like (plenty do, and rightfully so) but it seems like the name 1PW does seem to still hold some specific value, at least at the Doncaster Dome. Plus the tickets are only being sold through The Dome’s own box office, so a quick glance at the ticket availability map seems to corroborate the numbers announced.

I’ll admit that I was a fully paid-up card carrying member of the 1PW following in 2006 or so, but even I didn’t expect interest to this level.

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, ThommoLincs said:

Is it even a 1PW sgow if it doesn't finish after the last train and bus?

I still have fond memories of Barnsley.

Hottest day of the year. Watching (in the arena) England losing the footie. Main event (Corino vs Doug Williams) comes on at just gone midnight and is announced as a 'one hour time limit'. Me and my mate were like 'Yeah this is going an hour' and left.

Apparently it went 45 minutes because even Doug and Corino were like 'Fuck this!'

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

16 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I still have fond memories of Barnsley.

Hottest day of the year. Watching (in the arena) England losing the footie. Main event (Corino vs Doug Williams) comes on at just gone midnight and is announced as a 'one hour time limit'. Me and my mate were like 'Yeah this is going an hour' and left.

Apparently it went 45 minutes because even Doug and Corino were like 'Fuck this!'

That was the show with that Scottish prick trying to wind the england fans up watching the game and me and a mate ended up discussing Barnsley Bitter with Jimmy Snuka when we bumped into him outside a side door.

But yeah it went 45 and was dog shit boring

On 9/24/2022 at 8:59 PM, Snitsky's back acne said:

So, what time are we anticipating the shows finishing?
11.30? Midnight? 

Starting to look a conservative estimate at least. Just about to start the second half after adding an extra 10 minutes to a 15 minute interval.

Fun show. Loved seeing Ulf again. He was always a highlight for me and my mate in the original 1PW. 

Random observations: Never realised how tiny Mickie James is. Luke Jacobs is a hoss. Nathan Cruz and Man Like Dereiss looked like stars. Katie Forbes has a ridiculous arse. 

Disappointing main event but the show ran over (hey, its 1PW) and I think they were pressed for time. Plus Van Dam didnt seem..  erm, fully 'with it' shall we say.

Not a fan of the Scottish guy with the VCR gimmick and Damned Nation but, hey, we'll see where it goes.

Looking forward to more shows in the future.

I just had a look at the results, saw Baxter Burridge, Ulf Herman and Iceman on it and couldn't help but giggle. I thought the card itself looked fairly solid. 

The ticket website had it as most tickets sold (couldn't help but look out of morbid curiosity). How did the crowd look? 

What time did the show finish? 

29 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

I just had a look at the results, saw Baxter Burridge, Ulf Herman and Iceman on it and couldn't help but giggle. I thought the card itself looked fairly solid. 

The ticket website had it as most tickets sold (couldn't help but look out of morbid curiosity). How did the crowd look? 

What time did the show finish? 

Decent crowd. A few empty seats but not many. 

Show was set to finish at 10.30. Venue had an 11pm curfew and show finished about 10.50.