1PW Returns

ReturnOfTheMack

I've only been to one 1PW show so forgive me as im really not into wrestling live shows, it was fun, Raven tried to brake a table for about 10 minutes, me and my mates got our moneys worth with decent wrestling., decent stories and a decrebit Rik Flair waving. Was the promotion that scummy and horrendous? Im not trying to cause hassle just genuinely curious as the only show i saw was half decent.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Chasingamymatt said:

Was the promotion that scummy and horrendous? Im not trying to cause hassle just genuinely curious as the only show i saw was half decent.

Try pirating one of their DVDs and find out for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The only 1PW show I attended was over 10 years ago in Queensferry (right on the Welsh border, near Chester), which was billed as an nWo reunion featuring Hall, Nash and Waltman. Also advertised were the New Age Outlaws.

In the end we got Kevin Nash and Road Dogg as the other nWo guys pulled out (I assume for being fucked up at the time) and Billy Gunn couldn't get into the country upon arrival and was deported. Rhino was on there too.

For such a strong looking card (at least initially), the attendance was woeful. (And of course, my mate never got his DVD).

http://www.profightdb.com/cards/1pw/the-last-stand-12019.html

Edited by garynysmon

Well, posts from people are being deleted from there Facebook page. Looking at the people running it on there website I've not heard of most of them, apart from Steven himself. 

I've reread the excellant book that was written I believe by someone on this forum, gives a good insight into what went on. 

I Went to most of the shows up Until the extreme ecw show. Miss some of the fight clubs. I saw some really good wrestling. 

Lance storm vs Doug Williams 

Darren Burridge vs Nigel McGuinness

Meet some life long friends too at the events. 

• Paid Members
On 4/13/2022 at 9:15 PM, Keith Houchen said:

That was PCW. 

Curious as to what the story was with this? 

Edit: Google was my friend. The video is long gone but from forum posts seems a bit of a shitty move. 

Send a Cease and Desist letter, don't scare the crap out of a young lad by turning up on his door. 

Edited by eugenespeed

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, eugenespeed said:

Send a Cease and Desist letter, don't scare the crap out of a young lad by turning up on his door. 

To do that properly would require paying a solicitor’s hourly rate. Masters likely did it for lunch at the Harvester’s.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, poetofthedeed said:

Fludders posting that video shiting on about copyright only to get massacred over the fact that he was using copyrighted names and licensed music was one of my favourite lolbritwres moments.

Literally every show of theirs I went to had Goldust, Lita or someone coming out using their WWE name and their WWE music.

To be fair, its far more enjoyable when everyone turns a blind eye compared to how I can't even watch Triple H come out to For Whom The Bell Tolls at Mania 27 on the Network even though they paid for it.

• Paid Members

That video has become a BritWres holy grail as it seems to have been deleted and scrubbed from every corner of the net. The thread on here about it was fantastic, as the early posts were all "yeah gud on ya, m8" in favour of Fludders before it derailed into pages and pages "This is actually hypocritical, bullying shit".

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Literally every show of theirs I went to had Goldust, Lita or someone coming out using their WWE name and their WWE music.

To be fair, its far more enjoyable when everyone turns a blind eye compared to how I can't even watch Triple H come out to For Whom The Bell Tolls at Mania 27 on the Network even though they paid for it.

I remember that video, some people used it to have a laugh at the boys expense and some used it to have a laugh at Fludders expense. I hated it, complete utter bullying and an example of a promoter being so blinded by his over inflated ego that he couldn't see how ridiculous he was being. It was a while ago and let bygones be bygones but Fludder should've issued an apology

Edited by LEGIT