Paid Members Monkee Posted July 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 16, 2025 (edited) Found out today that my old manager who bullied me out of a job got the sack yesterday! Someone else made a complaint about his behaviour last week so, on top of his complete incompetency to actually do his job, he’s had the boot. The company is now really in the shit because there’s no-one in comms, they can’t log into the website and no-one knows how to post to social media. There were 3 people who covered all of this but 2 (including me) left because of him and now he’s gone too. If I liked champagne I’d be having a glass to myself right now. Edited July 16, 2025 by Monkee Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted July 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 17, 2025 I don't believe in karma but, I believe everyone sees through you eventually. Good for you, Monk. Send them your CV and your big price tag. Quote
TibBo Posted July 17, 2025 Posted July 17, 2025 21 hours ago, SuperBacon said: I just met an apprentice for work who said "has anyone told you you look like Mike Myers? Specifically in Austin Powers?" ??? Absolutely buckled me. Did you ask 'em which character? Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 17, 2025 Moderators Posted July 17, 2025 21 hours ago, SuperBacon said: I just met an apprentice for work who said "has anyone told you you look like Mike Myers? Specifically in Austin Powers?" ??? Absolutely buckled me. Shouldn't have worn the blue velvet suit in retrospect, I suppose... Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 17, 2025 Members Posted July 17, 2025 (edited) 34 minutes ago, TibBo said: Did you ask 'em which character? Oh it's definitely Austin, I haven't put that much weight on. 14 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: Shouldn't have worn the blue velvet suit in retrospect, I suppose... I would love to own a blue velvet suit. I need a haircut. Edited July 17, 2025 by SuperBacon Edit: actually wasn't happy with the photo, take it from me I look like Austin Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 17, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted July 17, 2025 Did you try to paint his yoo-hoo gohhhhhld? Quote
Paid Members Lenin Posted July 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 25, 2025 Silly things that actually happened. Firstly, a groomsman's trousers falling down during the ceremony: The other two did so well to keep it together before losing the plot. Secondly, a good fart during live TV and the absolute carnage it causes amongst the commentators. Uncontrollable laughter. Incredible: Incidentally, Scheffler said on a podcast yesterday it was him that farted ? Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted July 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 27, 2025 Some of you might remember that around this time last year (almost to the day) that my daughter was looked after by her carer for the first time and I actually went out for the evening for the first time in 15 years or so. This is still happening and going really well. But yesterday was the next big step as she was taken out by her carers, unassisted for the first time. Obviously I was bricking it and expecting the worst, only for her to go out with no issues at all (they went to see The Bad Guys 2 as well, lucky sods) and for everything to go perfectly. She did it, again, just to make a liar out of me. A huge step for everyone as she moves towards more independence and relying on other people ahead of her getting her own place at some point over the next year or so. Meanwhile, 18yo has told me he's moving out in October. No more Monday morning pepperoni stink after a 5am pizza making session. It's all happening. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted August 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 10, 2025 Getting post from your favourite musical artist in the world: Support small artists, folks. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted August 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 10, 2025 Bought £20 of bread, packaged meat and cheese from Tesco and am watching some truly turgid one day cricket in the sun. Glorious. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted August 10, 2025 Posted August 10, 2025 I live right next door to Blackpool airport. It's the airshow this weekend which is always great fun and makes you feel like a kid again. The Red Arrows take off and land from here and it's always spectacular. The Eurofighter is normally flown in from a nearby air base as are the classic WW2 planes. This year they have all been staying at the airport. So today looking out my bedroom window I got to see the Typhoon take off. Which was insane, it sounded like thunder it was so loud. Also following it was watching a Spitfire, a Hurricane and a Lancaster Bomber take off from the end of my road. Still got the Red Arrows to look forward to at 5. I love this time of year. Quote
Paid Members CleetusVanDamme Posted August 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 26, 2025 (edited) WHITE MALTESERS ARE BACK! London city airport, in the WH Smith after security, there's one before security though so try there before you go booking a flight. It was roasting yesterday, so when I first spotted them I thought it might have been a cruel mirage. I approached them like Kane did Taker at WM20, they were real, then I checked the best before to make sure they hadn't been sitting there for 15 years. I paid £18 for four big bags, ffs. I felt like Fry with the anchovies in Futurama. They're still heavenly, please never leave me again. Edited August 26, 2025 by CleetusVanDamme Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted August 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 26, 2025 They are definitely properly back, I saw an advert on TV for them the other day and got very excited! Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted August 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 28, 2025 Went to see Susie Dent: Word Perfect this evening. Two hours of Susie nerding out over etymology and blessing us with amusing language related tidbits. I love her so much. Also got a signed copy of her new book. One of my favourite words I learned today was the German insult “Teletubbyzurückwinker” or “One who waves back at Teletubbies.” Wonderful. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.