davertfnewman Posted August 28, 2025 Posted August 28, 2025 Used to listen to Something Rhymes with Purple, not sure why it fell off my radar but you had a couple of fascinating parts each episode courtesy of her and Gyles. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted August 28, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted August 28, 2025 I don't care how cosy and avuncular he and his jumpers are, I hate Gyles Brandreth, and I hate that people have let him jolly-wash his Toryism. The cunt. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted August 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 28, 2025 1 hour ago, Carbomb said: I don't care how cosy and avuncular he and his jumpers are, I hate Gyles Brandreth, and I hate that people have let him jolly-wash his Toryism. The cunt. See also - Michael Portillo being a train nonce in ridiculous suits. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted August 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 29, 2025 Gyles Brandreth also wrote the joke books that the Wide Awake Club published, meaning he somehow managed to go back in time and sneak his tory ways into my childhood memories. The cunt. Quote
davertfnewman Posted August 29, 2025 Posted August 29, 2025 I think you guys just don't appreciate his Star Quality. ? Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted August 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 29, 2025 Im not linking it as the only place I can find it is twatter, but Rees-Mogg going full Partridge has had me and the wife laughing all afternoon. We are in different rooms while we work from home, but now and then I can hear from that room the starting 'Hello' and can't help but laugh again. Quote
davertfnewman Posted August 29, 2025 Posted August 29, 2025 Whenever he over-inflates himself I just play this: Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted August 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 29, 2025 I've been looking after the place while my mum's been unwell and last weekend Vicky came over with the dogs and brought me pizza. It was so good. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted September 1, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted September 1, 2025 It's most probably psychosomatic, but I stepped out into the back garden this morning, took a big, deep lungful of air...and the scent of it told me autumn is arriving. My favourite season. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted September 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 1, 2025 3 hours ago, Carbomb said: It's most probably psychosomatic, but I stepped out into the back garden this morning, took a big, deep lungful of air...and the scent of it told me autumn is arriving. My favourite season. Yeah, we've got a few leaves on the outside steps. Great news. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 4, 2025 Members Posted September 4, 2025 Breaking my trailer rule to watch this. What a wonderful man he was. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted September 5, 2025 Moderators Posted September 5, 2025 (edited) Ah man. If that trailer is anything to go by I'm going to be a wreck watching that. That didn't cheer me up at all! Fucking 43, man. I knew he died young but hits home much harder now that I'm the same age he was when he died. Edited September 5, 2025 by Chest Rockwell Quote
Paid Members waters44 Posted September 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 5, 2025 (edited) Hopefully this link works… a marriage proposal in Brixton. Just lovely https://www.reddit.com/r/london/s/gBOhc21WRc Edited September 5, 2025 by waters44 Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 6, 2025 Posted September 6, 2025 The quietness of early morning cinema screenings. Sometimes it feels so quiet I shouldn't even be in here. Bliss. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.