DavidB6937 Posted June 23, 2025 Posted June 23, 2025 3 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: Morrisons were selling off some "Marathon" bars last week for 27p. I bought 3. Talk about being cheered up. Was brought down to earth when I filled out my calorie tracker with 3 Snickers though. Had something similar - no idea why, but Tesco were selling 9 packs of Kit Kats off for like 65p which was mental. I definitely didn't buy six packs. Down the other end of the aisle they were selling 8 packs for £2. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted June 23, 2025 Posted June 23, 2025 (edited) 3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: I just bought myself a 3 month Cineworld Unlimited because life's been shit recently and I needed cheering up. Might have been cheaper to just buy a chocolate bar but maybe not these days. Going to spam it with classic movies and the summer blockbusters. I'm excited. Haven’t checked the listings at my local Cineworld for a while as all the ones round here seemed to have stopped with the classic films now that we’re past Covid, but just seen that they’re showing Whiplash on July 9th. That’s cheered me up no end as I’ve also just ordered a copy of the soundtrack on vinyl that I managed to find for a price that didn’t involved remortgaging the house Edited June 23, 2025 by WyattSheepMask Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 24, 2025 Posted June 24, 2025 Got lost down an early 2000s trance hole on Spotify and it's making my work day so much better. Won't be able to hear a bloody thing by the end of the day but that's a problem to worry about later. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted June 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 27, 2025 Instead of going on holiday in July I've spent the money on a fancy new keyboard with 1,000 preloaded voices and excellent recording capabilities. I'm going to spend that week huddled up like a goblin in my living room pretending I'm Brian Eno. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted June 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 27, 2025 'Gus Mears. Versatile singer/songwriter from Wiltshire.' Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 27, 2025 Members Posted June 27, 2025 People enjoying themselves. Watching the PinkPantheress set at Glastonbury and every single person in there looks like they're having the time of their life and that's brilliant. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a miserable, cynical git but I love seeing people happy, and I've definitely lost that sneery part of me. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted June 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 27, 2025 55 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: People enjoying themselves. Watching the PinkPantheress set at Glastonbury and every single person in there looks like they're having the time of their life and that's brilliant. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a miserable, cynical git but I love seeing people happy, and I've definitely lost that sneery part of me. My dad turned her off to watch Would I Lie To You? and I've never hated Lee Mack more. And then compounded this by putting Biffy Clyro on later. This did not cheer me up. But Wet Leg were ace, weren't they? That did. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 27, 2025 Members Posted June 27, 2025 9 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: But Wet Leg were ace, weren't they? That did. Yeah they were great. Im not a huge fan but they are cracking live and Rhian is a brilliant performer (and absolutely gorgeous as well) Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted June 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 27, 2025 Still on the subject of Glastonbury, how do I watch sets from earlier in the day? I just assumed iPlayer would have them all but I can't find them. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 27, 2025 Members Posted June 27, 2025 2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Still on the subject of Glastonbury, how do I watch sets from earlier in the day? I just assumed iPlayer would have them all but I can't find them. Think it sometimes is after the event, so today's will be on there tomorrow etc. But not all of them are achived sadly. Quote
Browser Brady Posted July 3, 2025 Posted July 3, 2025 Seeing a car drive by with a dog with its head out the window will always cheer me up.. Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted July 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 3, 2025 There's a lady at my son's school that I don't like, mainly because she drives her Land Rover far too fast on the road outside the school, quite often texting as she does so. Today I saw her car getting ticketed for parking on the zigzags outside the school gate. I'm pretty sure it's not her first time either. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.