Paid Members Carbomb Posted March 4, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted March 4, 2025 Talking of cats going outdoors, we finally let Cimma out. She's old enough that we won't worry about her, and we got her flea medication sorted. Plus it's Pancake Day, and it felt like a very wholesome day to let her out properly, without a harness, for the first time. Quote
Paid Members John Matrix Posted March 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 5, 2025 14 hours ago, deathrey said: And also, @John Matrix made a brief return this morning! Oh stop it you!! However very on topic as you lovely lot have well and truly cheered me up this week, and I’m very grateful to you for it! ♥️ Im still a perpetual lurker, I just rarely have the headspace these days to compose my thoughts before anyone else has already said them, and better. I really am touched by both this and @LaGoosh’s posts this week - it’s hard to appreciate anyone would ever notice you were gone, much less actively wish that you were back. Thank you guys! Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted March 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 5, 2025 Normally find adverts on YouTube a pain in the arse. I fucking hate Tina Fey now! This ad though, the fella in it makes me smile every time. Especially the "My Guy, you give us all a lift". Worked too, I went and signed up and had my first blood taken. Quote
deathrey Posted March 5, 2025 Posted March 5, 2025 Well done @tiger_rick. I have a big needle phobia but have set myself a goal to essentially get over it and do it by the time I'm 45. A couple of years left yet but I am determined I will get there. Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted March 6, 2025 Posted March 6, 2025 On 3/1/2025 at 2:51 PM, DavidB6937 said: How are you storing them? As I've got rid of most of my collection I'm always living vicariously through other collections. Finished the job and I’m happy with the results. Mixing the different sizes gives it a library feel to me. Annoyingly my copies of the 1933 King Kong and Spielberg’s Duel have gone walkabouts. Some pictures as promised, spoiler tagged for those who don’t want to see photos of shiny Blu-Rays touching dirty DVDs. Spoiler Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 6, 2025 Posted March 6, 2025 @Dr. Alan Grant Looks great! And absolutely makes me want to start buying again damnit. Think the wife might notice though. Quote
CL Punk Posted March 6, 2025 Posted March 6, 2025 Someone vandalised the sign outside of Trump's Washington Golf Course and it made me laugh. https://x.com/ArtCandee/status/1897009823008632944 Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 10, 2025 Members Posted March 10, 2025 On 3/9/2023 at 7:08 PM, SuperBacon said: It's my mate Daves birthday today. March 9th is also the day that the Notorious BIG died. For the past 20 odd years I message him every birthday with "RIP Biggie" and he STILL loves it and it makes us both laugh like silly little kids. Really cheers me up to know he appreciates it. Still makes us laugh. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted March 14, 2025 Posted March 14, 2025 (edited) Been a long week. Getting the bus home this afternoon unfortunately clashed with loads of stupid secondary school idiots. Who were playing the fun game of hurling a football so hard at the windows it seemed like they might break and screaming and laughing at it. Lots of older folk on the bus and I was thinking "aww fuck I'm going to have to step in here". Then a 6 foot 5 builder in high vis gets on, after 10 seconds turns round and goes "if you cunts chuck that ball one more time I will throw all of you out of the window. I'm being fucking serious". None of them said a word or even moved for the rest of the journey. Now maybe this story would have been better if I had stood up to them and maybe they are now mentally scarred by some giant builder threatening them but the little pricks deserved it and it it was amusing to watch. Edited March 14, 2025 by Cousin Jim Bob Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 14, 2025 Members Posted March 14, 2025 Wasn't sure where to put this (sorry Chest) but had a bit of a bucket list moment today as I got to play a 5-a-side tournament at Hotspur Way, the Tottenham training ground. An incredible experience and a wonderful day, I was part of a team that consisted of members of the regional supporters group I'm in, and although I had to go in goal, it was something I'll always remember. I've been to a few other training grounds in my life, but this is something else I can tell you. The pictures don't do it justice but I had to sneak them as you're not really supposed to. We smashed Hong Kong Spurs 4-2 but sadly didn't win another game, but the standard was incredibly high. In true fashion, the Italian Spurs lot (who had flown over last night, missed the first half of the Europa League game due to a delayed flight and were just the nicest lads) won only one of their group games, grew into the tournament and came from 2 behind to win the final 3-2 against Scunthorpe Spurs. The rest of the teams were well behind these Nicola Berti beauties and it was a brilliant moment to see them win it and celebrate Tardelli style. They now get to play an 11 a side match at the actual stadium. Unreal. They were also wearing the most beautiful Spurs Italia jumper but weirdly they didn't want to swap one for my Portsmouth Spurs top. Strange that. Here, have a picture of the bus. The highlight though was this wonderful man watching on, and taking the time to take a picture with and talk to around 100 fans, and although he declined taking a penalty against me, I cannot tell you how much it meant to meet him. In the cup for Tottingham. Ange was giving his presser in the building behind us and a few lads managed to get a pic with him, but I was playing when he walked through. Absolutely buzzing, and a genuinely emotional time thinking about it. What a privilege to be able to do that. Also, smashed Alkmaar last night and I went with a mate I haven't seen in absolutely ages, and we went for a drink after and caught up and that was golden. I think that's me done with playing now as I physically cannot move off my sofa (time is a cruel mistress) having not long got home, and my knee was barely holding on, but if it is, then I'm OK with that being the swansong. COYS. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted March 15, 2025 Posted March 15, 2025 Did the 'Legends Tour' with Ossie last year at the new Stadium and he's a genuinely lovely man. Nothing too much trouble and happy to sign and chat and pose with all. Such a humble man too Very jealous of what you got to do, but an experience you'll never forget. Nice one! Quote
davertfnewman Posted March 15, 2025 Posted March 15, 2025 Main thing I know about Ossie Ardiles is his full first name. This probably belongs in the school memories thread, but we had a headteacher at my school who looked like Frank Carson but with a Walsall accent. You had him for a lesson and pretty much the lesson stopped and he went into monologue mode and he was a pretty charismatic guy who could be an after-dinner speaker. Anyway, he went off on a riff one day about whatever you're into, don't be half into it, be passionate about it, then picked out a mate of mine and asked him what he was into - "Spurs". "Who manages Spurs?" "Ossie Ardiles." "Why's he called Ossie Ardiles?" "... Because he's from Australia?" Luckily, even though I'm not a football fan, I pulled him out of the hole by pointing out neither Ossie or Ardiles are particularly Australian names and surmised it was short for Osvaldo, which got me some points. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted March 15, 2025 Posted March 15, 2025 Just seen that Predator starts on Film4 at 9:00 and that’s followed by Bone Tomahawk. Cracking double bill Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted March 20, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted March 20, 2025 Yes, quoting my own skeet, mainly because I can't be arsed to do the whole image hosting rigmarole. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.