Members SuperBacon Posted December 1, 2024 Members Posted December 1, 2024 Yesterday in Winchester there was a group of Muslims who had a stall and signs that said "I'm a Muslim, ask me anything" and "Spread love, not hate" and it made me a little bit cheerful (and tearful) Trying to initiate conversations about something that lots of people might want to know more about or have little understanding of. Maybe we should all be more like that, but at the same time I did think it was slightly sad that the faith of Islam has to try and change people's minds from what they think they know. I dunno. I would've probably stopped to talk to them, but at that time I wasn't feeling very tolerant of anything as I had to go there on what was probably the busiest day of the year with more people packed into the city than I've ever seen before. Horrendous. I might try and get the christmas market shut down, it was that bad. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted December 1, 2024 Posted December 1, 2024 To be fair, with a username like yours it would just have been asking for trouble really.... Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 9, 2024 Members Posted December 9, 2024 On 7/25/2024 at 11:54 AM, SuperBacon said: need a 4 (C) above to do the apprenticeship I want to do, and my organisation run a funded project where you can get a level 2 in Maths, so I've been taking lessons for the last couple of months. Only went and passed with my 83% BOOOOOOOOOOM. Suck that Pythagoras. And I won the work quiz. Standard. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 11, 2024 Members Posted December 11, 2024 This man's love for the dancing display Gingerbread man. Christmas is finally here. The original. THERE HE GO! Quote
wordsfromlee Posted December 18, 2024 Posted December 18, 2024 (edited) Finishing work for Christmas on the today and not being back in until 6th January. 17 days off! I've never really been one of those people that go mad for Christmas before but... ? "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."? Edited December 19, 2024 by wordsfromlee Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 18, 2024 Members Posted December 18, 2024 Yep I finish tomorrow until the 6th and I absolutely need the time. I've had a shit time of recent and I'm really looking forward to time with the girls and some time to myself. Parents could join in football training tonight. I assisted my youngest who scored, nutmegged one of her coaches and then levelled that out with a massive air kick where I landed right on my arse. My ex said "not bad for an out of shape old sod with one knee" I'll take it! Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted December 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 19, 2024 I finish tomorrow until the 2nd and it will be my first week off since last Christmas. It can't come soon enough! Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted December 19, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted December 19, 2024 Had to close the office halfway through last week. The industry is in a state from the perspective of companies at my level, and I've once again limped into December with burnout. I could keep scrabbling away, trying to get people cast, and I daresay I might even land one, but I'm just too exhausted to be able to tolerate the shit-low conversion rate; even in good times, it takes a chunk out of me. Just for my own mental wellbeing, I'm shutting the office for just under a month. The general consensus regarding the industry landscape is that it'll be a couple of months before it recovers properly anyway. Quote
deathrey Posted December 19, 2024 Posted December 19, 2024 @Lorne Malvo bloody hell, that an innings! How did you manage to stay sane with no time off?! I'm working today but travelling up to my parents tonight to stay untill new year. I'm off until 7th January and very much looking forward to it. For some stupid reason, I decided not to book Christmas Eve off (full day holiday or if you work it's just half a day which was my logic) but I really can't be arsed now. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted December 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 19, 2024 12 minutes ago, deathrey said: @Lorne Malvo bloody hell, that an innings! How did you manage to stay sane with no time off?! I had my 28 days holiday, I just had them spaced out with a day here and a day there rather than booking full weeks off (and most of them were used on being ill - as getting an actual sick day off from this place requires jumping through 80 hoops which I don't have the strength to do!) I've learnt my lesson though. Back to actual weeks off next year, as this year has well and truly fucked me. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 19, 2024 Members Posted December 19, 2024 Yeah I'm the same as @Lorne Malvo I have to actively be told to take time off as I just forget. Up until the start of December I still had 120 hours to take up until end of March. Mad bastard. Looking forward to doing absolutely nuffink. Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted December 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 19, 2024 Finished up today until the 6th. Pass me a beer! Quote
Paid Members Wretch Posted December 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 19, 2024 (edited) On annual leave from tomorrow, but otherwise I would’ve been working on Christmas Day. When I worked in retail, I’d only have Christmas Eve and day off then back in Boxing Day. I’ve never worked in a job where I’ve broken up for a fortnight, or even longer, over Christmas. Do you not get bored after a bit? Edited December 19, 2024 by Wretch Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 19, 2024 Members Posted December 19, 2024 19 minutes ago, Wretch said: Do you not get bored after a bit? I'm always bored so it's no different. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted December 19, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted December 19, 2024 32 minutes ago, Wretch said: On annual leave from tomorrow, but otherwise I would’ve been working on Christmas Day. When I worked in retail, I’d only have Christmas Eve and day off then back in Boxing Day. I’ve never worked in a job where I’ve broken up for a fortnight, or even longer, over Christmas. Do you not get bored after a bit? In recent years, not so much, because of the burnout. But I want to get bored towards the end of the break, so that I'll relish work more. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.