Paid Members Surf Digby Posted February 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 5, 2025 I'm currently teaching my son to play the piano. He's only 4 weeks in, but he's picking it up pretty quickly (although he's largely memorising instead of reading the music, but I'll drill that out of him). In this week's music lesson at school, one teacher was absent, and the other had gone in, even though she wasn't fully recovered from her sickness, and so they just had what was basically a music appreciation session where they listened to songs. My lad pipes up that he can play Eight Days A Week on the piano. She calls his bluff, and so he shows her that he can. Afterwards she put the original song on for the class. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted February 6, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 6, 2025 19 hours ago, SuperBacon said: She's just said "OK Dad, calm down it's not that deep" I love that she calls you Dad. My 10yo calls me "Bruh". Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 6, 2025 Members Posted February 6, 2025 21 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: I love that she calls you Dad. My 10yo calls me "Bruh". This is my 15yo. My 11yo absolutely calls me bruh, bro, brosioski or any other iteration. Quote
Harry Wiseau Posted February 6, 2025 Posted February 6, 2025 My eldest two (16 and 9 - unusual names I admit) have both called me Father for at least 7 years, I think it started when 16 (who was then going by 9) watched the IT Crowd and Matt Berry shouts it at Chris Morris's funeral. 3 currently calls me Daddy but I know it's inevitable he'll go down the "Father" in a fake posh accent route soon enough. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 6, 2025 Members Posted February 6, 2025 59 minutes ago, Harry Wiseau said: My eldest two (16 and 9 - unusual names I admit) have both called me Father for at least 7 years, I think it started when 16 (who was then going by 9) watched the IT Crowd and Matt Berry shouts it at Chris Morris's funeral. 3 currently calls me Daddy but I know it's inevitable he'll go down the "Father" in a fake posh accent route soon enough. My kids call their Mum "Mother" when they're being little annoying shits. Works as it irritates her big time Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted February 6, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 6, 2025 Eldest (11) occasionally drops a “Mr [my full name]” for no reason and it always cracks me up. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 6, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 6, 2025 My 17yo calls me father because he knows it gets on my tits. Quote
Chili Posted February 6, 2025 Posted February 6, 2025 (edited) The Bill, still at the moment. I'm still hugely enjoying having a comfort food show whilst I work that has so many episodes I won't run out, and by the time it gets really shit, I can just ignore it in background. Also, I would have absolutely adored a Tosh Lines spin-off. It's mad watching it back how much effort went into his performance to make his so genuinely different, engaging and very funny (thanks hugely to Kevin Lloyd being so incredibly affable in the part) they could have had a Columbo style mystery serial for Tosh, you wouldn't have even needed any old characters for him to bounce off. He's that fun and great to watch. What a shame. Edited February 6, 2025 by Chili Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 8, 2025 Members Posted February 8, 2025 Just now, Devon Malcolm said: Had a little cry when I saw that the other day, but then I also cried at a Petplan insurance ad today so probably a bit fragile at the moment ?♂️ Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted February 9, 2025 Posted February 9, 2025 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c4gwykzqed5o Great lad doing his bit for the environment and hoping that the manufacturer's take note of just how much is wasted and chucked away. Why oh why they can't be sent back and reused I've no idea! Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted February 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 11, 2025 I once explained the Chekhov’s Gun theory to my wife and whenever we watch films she’ll point it out excitedly but always calls it Schroedinger’s Gun. I don’t know what happened just now but she excitedly declared “there it is! Schroedinger’s Cum” and I can’t stop giggling. She’s mortified. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 11, 2025 Members Posted February 11, 2025 9 minutes ago, FLips said: Schroedinger’s Cum "Big fat load of Schrodingers cum then" Quote
Chili Posted February 11, 2025 Posted February 11, 2025 22 minutes ago, FLips said: Schroedinger’s Cum Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.