Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted October 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 19, 2024 Been a great 48 hours or so for 'Andrew Garfield seems like a nice bloke and big laugh' believers. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted October 19, 2024 Posted October 19, 2024 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cgj4pl878pwo Just a lovely story about a group of blokes keeping up a tradition for 56 years through thick and thin. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted October 24, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 24, 2024 I've just been elected a parent/carer governor at my daughter's school! Delighted to be able to give them some time back, they've been wonderful support in the five and a half years my daughter's been there. I was initially just pleased I could even put my name forward because I've actually achieved a work / life balance now, so I'm really chuffed to be on board. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted October 31, 2024 Members Posted October 31, 2024 Walking 11yo up the road to meet her mates, in stitches the whole way. Quote
Paid Members DCW Posted October 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 31, 2024 I'd to go to court this morning to get something signed for work. Was a big line for the counter and I waited a good 25 mins to get to the front. Just as I was about to be dealt with, this twat of a barrister strolls right in front of me and starts asking the lady behind the glass something. Aulder lady sitting in the office behind her walks straight over, opens the window and goes 'see that long thing with all the people standing patiently? yeah? thats a queue. You can go to the back of it!' and yer man flounced off in a huff. I've never seen a queue made up of a ragtag of randomers, police and homeless/addict-looking folks be so united in delight. Made my day anyway! Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted November 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 1, 2024 similarly, was at the pub last night, barman was in the middle of serving someone. A bloke who had already been getting on people's nerves comes up and asks for the WiFi password (which is very clearly displayed behind the bar anyway), and the barman says, "I'm in the middle of serving these fellas here, can you not wait a minute? I've got priorities here". Bloke replies, "yeah, alright, I was being polite". Barman; "Yeah? Well you were fucking hiding it well". It's a tiny place, so everyone could hear it, and there was a palpable sense of everyone having to hold back laughter or applause. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted November 1, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted November 1, 2024 (edited) Trying to get into good habits by going for a walk in Finsbury Park in the mornings, and got some lovely moments a couple of days ago (meant to post these at the time, but it seems even with image hosting links, the images don't appear when you're posting from a mobile): Basically, autumn's my favourite season, and for me the best thing to do during this time is to go out and look at trees, 'cos we don't get them looking like this for very long. Edited November 1, 2024 by Carbomb Quote
ultimo the great Posted November 1, 2024 Posted November 1, 2024 Ordering a 5 box of Chicken Selects and getting 6 #Winning ? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 16, 2024 Members Posted November 16, 2024 Ordered a curry and they sent an extra curry and naan I didn't order or pay for. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted November 16, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 16, 2024 In similar, curry-based, good tidings, I've felt like I'm coming down with something lady couple of days and demolished a lamb vindaloo which seems to have done mote than cold medicine masted for my health. No free additional curry and naan though. Quote
Joe Blog Posted November 16, 2024 Posted November 16, 2024 47 minutes ago, Gus Mears said: In similar, curry-based, good tidings, I've felt like I'm coming down with something lady couple of days and demolished a lamb vindaloo which seems to have done mote than cold medicine masted for my health. No free additional curry and naan though. And yet ironically this reads like how you would sound if you were full of cold. Quote
CDM Posted November 17, 2024 Posted November 17, 2024 On 11/16/2024 at 8:32 PM, SuperBacon said: Ordered a curry and they sent an extra curry and naan I didn't order or pay for. Lucky you. I have a hard enough job getting the stuff I did order from mine Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted November 19, 2024 Posted November 19, 2024 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live/c624w896kd4t Well done San Marino! Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted November 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 25, 2024 On 10/14/2024 at 11:51 AM, Devon Malcolm said: Was having a browse round Calendar Club today to see what I'm going to have for 2025. Got a Taylor Swift one this year because I usually get one that I like and will also annoy 17yo, and that did the job. I was hoping for a Dua Lipa one this year but didn't see one. However. The Taylor Swift one comes in an optional gift set - with a pair of pink 'I Love Taylor' socks. God I can't wait to Christmas Day, he's going to be fucking fuming. Even more so now because I'm going to be sat there in my Taylor Swift socks and this I just got from Primark. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.