Paid Members hallicks Posted February 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 12, 2025 10 hours ago, FLips said: I once explained the Chekhov’s Gun theory to my wife and whenever we watch films she’ll point it out excitedly but always calls it Schroedinger’s Gun. I don’t know what happened just now but she excitedly declared “there it is! Schroedinger’s Cum” and I can’t stop giggling. She’s mortified. Reminds me of this, which was doing the rounds on WhatsApp a few weeks ago: Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted February 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 19, 2025 I've been listening to the past weekend's 606 on 5live, and love how Robbie Savage and Chris Sutton fail to bounce off each other. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 23, 2025 It might have gone to shit towards the end, but this is all great. Quote
CDM Posted February 24, 2025 Posted February 24, 2025 I found out today that the world health organisation says gender and biological sex are different. Which will be very useful when having discussions with some people. I mean when someone says they are the same I think pointing out that the world health organisation disagrees is a pretty good argument to say they are wrong and you can identify as whatever gender you like. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted February 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 25, 2025 Saw a woman this morning with pink hair driving a shimmering pink convertible BMW. Her number plate was a play on PINK. Made me smile. Loved the subtlety of it. I think she liked pink. Tempted to buy one myself and get a Bret Hart decal on the bonnet. Putting that on my wrestling bucket list. Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted March 1, 2025 Posted March 1, 2025 Planning to rearrange my separated Blu-Rays, 4Ks and DVDs into one glorious united whole. It’s exciting just thinking about it. Expect an update in the minor annoyance thread when it all goes wrong. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 1, 2025 Posted March 1, 2025 21 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said: Planning to rearrange my separated Blu-Rays, 4Ks and DVDs into one glorious united whole. It’s exciting just thinking about it. Expect an update in the minor annoyance thread when it all goes wrong. How are you storing them? As I've got rid of most of my collection I'm always living vicariously through other collections. Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted March 1, 2025 Posted March 1, 2025 2 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: How are you storing them? As I've got rid of most of my collection I'm always living vicariously through other collections. Still in bookcases. I can’t see a time where I don’t have a physical media collection. I’ll take some photos once I’ve finished the Great Reorganisation. When they announced that new 28 Years Later, some people were annoyed that they couldn’t watch the first film as it wasn’t on any streaming service. So I smugly picked up the Blu-Ray from its shelf and caressed it lovingly. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted March 2, 2025 Posted March 2, 2025 I've decided to do some charity walks this month. I'm well out of shape, totally unfit but I felt I needed to do something and should get off my butt and do it! Had 2 walks totalling around 4.5km so far over 2 days and already I'm feeling better mentally. Just being out walking and listening to music and nature definitely has a lot of benefits which I took with a pinch of salt previously. With all the crap I have in my life, that short walk to get out the house and give myself some 'me time' is definitely going to help me out in the long run. Although I've targeted 12miles in March in aid of Combat Stress, I really do feel like I'll be doubling that target with ease seeing how relaxed I've felt over the last 2 days. Quote
TibBo Posted March 2, 2025 Posted March 2, 2025 3 minutes ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: I've decided to do some charity walks this month. I'm well out of shape, totally unfit but I felt I needed to do something and should get off my butt and do it! Had 2 walks totalling around 4.5km so far over 2 days and already I'm feeling better mentally. Just being out walking and listening to music and nature definitely has a lot of benefits which I took with a pinch of salt previously. With all the crap I have in my life, that short walk to get out the house and give myself some 'me time' is definitely going to help me out in the long run. Although I've targeted 12miles in March in aid of Combat Stress, I really do feel like I'll be doubling that target with ease seeing how relaxed I've felt over the last 2 days. Great work matey! It’ll be so much nicer when/if the weather gets better too! Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted March 2, 2025 Posted March 2, 2025 (edited) It was lovely this morning...crisp frost but bright sunshine. Got some lovely pics i need to work out uploading now https://imgur.com/a/oqlSXcG Click the link for pics Edited March 2, 2025 by Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Added the link for pics Quote
deathrey Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 (edited) I know we have a dedicated weather thread and is just a rehash of the post above but it is so fucking wonderful to have the sun shining again! I'm usually a cold weather person but it's been out all weekend and I didn't realise how much I had missed it! I'm a grumpy cow in the mornings at the best of times but opening the curtains in the morning to see the sun shining just puts an automatic smile on my face. They are building some new houses in the (former) fields opposite us and have closed our road to put water pipes in, there was literally two diggers making a shit ton of noise at 8am this morning but I genuinely don't mind because the SUN IS HERE. And also, @John Matrix made a brief return this morning! Edited March 4, 2025 by deathrey Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted March 4, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted March 4, 2025 Have to agree, deathrey. I've noticed just how much of a difference to my mood the weather makes, and I find that a day that starts off really sunny has me in a buoyant mood for the rest of it. Got to grab that vitamin D while they're paying it out. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 4, 2025 Members Posted March 4, 2025 Yep, it's helped here too. I'm possibly the most miserable sod I know, but I've got the next two days off, and am sitting on my back door having a lovely moka pot made coffee with the sun slowly making its way round. I've even allowed Nova to come out and join me, and she's loving it. Gonna have tuna mayonnaise sandwiches for lunch. What a time to be alive. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.