DavidB6937 Posted March 25, 2025 Posted March 25, 2025 I am, quite frankly, a bit of an antisocial hermit these days. So whenever I drag myself out I'm pretty fucking proud of myself. It's the first time I've ever done a solo theatre trip. Inside Number 9 is right up there with my favourite TV series of all time so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see the guys live. I almost didn't go due to psyching myself out with anxiety earlier on in the day. But I did it. I did the thing. I absolutely fucking loved the show and i even braved the crowds at the stage door after. So yeah. A bit proud of myself for not giving up. A rare win for me. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted March 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 25, 2025 (edited) Spoiler Who was the guest star at your show? Ours was Tamsin Greig. Show spoilers Edited March 25, 2025 by gmoney Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted March 26, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted March 26, 2025 8 hours ago, gmoney said: Hide contents Who was the guest star at your show? Ours was Tamsin Greig. Show spoilers Spoiler We got Alex Horne at ours! Really fun show. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 26, 2025 Posted March 26, 2025 We had Spoiler Meera Syal ? and Sanjeev Bhaskar was there watching. Both said hi quickly after the show to everyone waiting which was nice. She was really great and had a lot of fun with it. Actually read the list after the show of who they've had and what a crazy mix of people! Quote
kieranjennings Posted March 26, 2025 Posted March 26, 2025 11 hours ago, gmoney said: Reveal hidden contents Who was the guest star at your show? Ours was Tamsin Greig. Show spoilers Same for me when I went! Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 26, 2025 Posted March 26, 2025 I saw Spoiler Bob Mortimer did one and I'm not sure I could've coped with the joy of that. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted March 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 26, 2025 12 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: I am, quite frankly, a bit of an antisocial hermit these days. So whenever I drag myself out I'm pretty fucking proud of myself. It's the first time I've ever done a solo theatre trip. Inside Number 9 is right up there with my favourite TV series of all time so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see the guys live. I almost didn't go due to psyching myself out with anxiety earlier on in the day. But I did it. I did the thing. I absolutely fucking loved the show and i even braved the crowds at the stage door after. So yeah. A bit proud of myself for not giving up. A rare win for me. Well done. What a lovely post to read. It's easy to say and hard to do but try everything. Almost all the things I ever regret are the ones I didn't do. Be inspired by David's post. It's great. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted March 26, 2025 Moderators Posted March 26, 2025 18 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: Be inspired by David's post. It's great Not something I thought I'd ever read on this forum.. but I am thinking about a different David of course. Quote
Harry Wiseau Posted March 26, 2025 Posted March 26, 2025 Inside No 9 was amazing Spoiler I went with the eldest boy, we had Emilia Fox. I'm going again with Mrs W on the matinee of the last day, it's been hard not talking about the show to her at all but every day I've been updating the boy with the latest hostage Another thing that cheered me up that day and made being in London ok was going to Good Friend Chicken a two minute walk from the Wyndham, the popcorn chicken with plum seasoning was incredible. Cheap as well (for London) next time I'm trying the volcano chicken, and more popcorn. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 26, 2025 Posted March 26, 2025 @Harry Wiseau the colleague at work that I sit next to went in the first week and she is SO chatty it's been a near impossible task to keep her quiet about it, but by some minor miracle I went in completely unspoiled. She's never even seen the TV show so will be interesting to hear what she thought about it from a completely different angle to me. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted March 28, 2025 Posted March 28, 2025 On 3/2/2025 at 10:31 AM, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: I've decided to do some charity walks this month. I'm well out of shape, totally unfit but I felt I needed to do something and should get off my butt and do it! Had 2 walks totalling around 4.5km so far over 2 days and already I'm feeling better mentally. Just being out walking and listening to music and nature definitely has a lot of benefits which I took with a pinch of salt previously. With all the crap I have in my life, that short walk to get out the house and give myself some 'me time' is definitely going to help me out in the long run. Although I've targeted 12miles in March in aid of Combat Stress, I really do feel like I'll be doubling that target with ease seeing how relaxed I've felt over the last 2 days. Just to update, I completed the walks and hit my target, although not the fundraising target yet, sadly, but I took the kids out on Sunday and we just wandered across some fields and saw a herd of deer grazing, a WWII gun emplacement and just had fun flying my sons drone around. Really loved being out in the fresh air and clearing my head a lot. Even though I've hit my target, I'm going to keep going and just enjoy walking. It's great just putting my buds in and just going wherever the path takes me and then finding my way back. Quote
ultimo the great Posted March 28, 2025 Posted March 28, 2025 (edited) Finding a game i can waste hours of my life playing. today's is battle mode on cinenerdle2!!! Just went 71 rounds ? Edited March 28, 2025 by ultimo the great Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 29, 2025 Bill Hader doing THE best Oliver Reed impression. Quote
Chili Posted March 29, 2025 Posted March 29, 2025 2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Bill Hader doing THE best Oliver Reed impression. Bill Hader is so good he made his SNL skits delightful, an incredible effort. That's a brilliant impression. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 29, 2025 Members Posted March 29, 2025 My 12yo this morning shouted "MEGS" when nutmegging her full back opponent this morning which was fantastic. I've created a monster. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.