Joe Blog Posted July 26, 2024 Posted July 26, 2024 23 hours ago, lars85 said: Just had a packet of cheese and onion Discos. Got to the bottom and found a massive chunk of flavour powder. Pound for pound, better than cocaine. Gangrel? Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted July 27, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 27, 2024 Connecting sweetly with one of these bad boys: Quote
TibBo Posted July 27, 2024 Posted July 27, 2024 On 7/24/2024 at 8:47 PM, SuperBacon said: Earlier on this evening in the little park behind our houses, I scored a fucking screamer of a volley, top bins and wheeled away like I'd just won the World Cup. Against my 11yo child. I scored a corner a few weeks ago against my 9 year old. Never even tried to do it before, and am gutted I didn’t practice it as a kid now. He wasn’t remotely impressed. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted July 28, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 28, 2024 On 7/25/2024 at 12:19 PM, Carbomb said: Been giving some serious thought to doing some sort of course in maths, as pretty much all my studies post-GCSE were non-science, and I feel like it would benefit me to broaden my horizons. It is always good to expand your repotoire. I've always fancied taking an Advanced driving course. One of my brothers in law has just completed the latest stage of his Police driver training. He had to be dropped off at a train station near Torquay last night. Of course, I offered to take him. We were a little late in leaving and the sat nav decided it had to take us via the back roads. This resulted in some spirited driving by Leicesters version of Fangio and one suitably impressed Advanced driver. I probably won't need to take the course now. It does take ages to drive from The Midlands to Devon/Cornwall. Once you get here though. Utterly worth it! Quote
DavidB6937 Posted August 1, 2024 Posted August 1, 2024 Not sure if there's a Lego thread or if it was just mentioned in here but yeah I'm all in on Lego. Specifically the cheap knock off stuff from AliExpress. I've bought fucking shelves for my Lego. Now I want all of it and I'm worried my wife will kick me out because I've got so many packages waiting to be built. It's a proper mad thing to suddenly become obsessed with at my age but it's helping to keep me sane. Quote
Paid Members Weezenal Posted August 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2024 27 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Not sure if there's a Lego thread or if it was just mentioned in here but yeah I'm all in on Lego. Specifically the cheap knock off stuff from AliExpress. I've bought fucking shelves for my Lego. Now I want all of it and I'm worried my wife will kick me out because I've got so many packages waiting to be built. It's a proper mad thing to suddenly become obsessed with at my age but it's helping to keep me sane. You need to grow the fuck up and be mad into wrestling like a real man. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 1, 2024 Members Posted August 1, 2024 This is where the big boys play, huh? Look at the adjective: Lego. Quote
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted August 13, 2024 Awards Moderator Posted August 13, 2024 Just has a call from Crystal Palace’s Box Office. They were ringing to apologise about incorrectly letting me move my season ticket to another seat, which was meant to have been reserved for a club ambassador. To make it up to me, they’ve moved me to a new seat (only two rows back so no biggie), but have given me a 50% discount for the inconvenience. Going to the match is as financially draining as it is emotionally, so this is bloody brilliant. Quote
DiscoPistol Posted August 13, 2024 Posted August 13, 2024 (edited) For the last couple of years I've been writing match reports for my local Non-League club. Safe in the knowledge that no one reads them anyway I decided to talk less and less about the football and more and more about, well, just about anything. Topics have included the dark side of Thomas the Tank engine, misheard lyrics from 1990s Indie bands and why Batman isn't really a superhero. Anyway, I decided to turn some of them into a book on Amazon a few weeks ago, and and now I'm a published author. I won't add the link, but the book is called 'Sometimes I talk about the football' if anyone is interested in a free look at the first report. When that first copy got sold was some feeling ? Edited August 13, 2024 by DiscoPistol facts matter Quote
Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted August 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 13, 2024 That's fantastic, feels great to make that first sale. Also, amazing to find out that Mousehole is a real place. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted August 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 13, 2024 For the sake of 99p I've just given you a buy on Kindle @DiscoPistol - but just out of interest, see it's Kindle Unlimited at the mo, which I do have currently (on free trial). If I'd read it on there, do you get anything, and if so, what's the difference? Quote
DiscoPistol Posted August 13, 2024 Posted August 13, 2024 23 minutes ago, Statto said: For the sake of 99p I've just given you a buy on Kindle @DiscoPistol - but just out of interest, see it's Kindle Unlimited at the mo, which I do have currently (on free trial). If I'd read it on there, do you get anything, and if so, what's the difference? Firstly, thanks! On Kindle Unlimited I still get paid by page read (so far as I understand it), and you have the added bonus of returning it once you've worked out that Willand Rovers match reports aren't as exciting as they first seemed ? Quote
Harry Wiseau Posted August 13, 2024 Posted August 13, 2024 4 hours ago, DiscoPistol said: Firstly, thanks! On Kindle Unlimited I still get paid by page read (so far as I understand it), and you have the added bonus of returning it once you've worked out that Willand Rovers match reports aren't as exciting as they first seemed ? TIL George Carlin voiced Thomas the Tank Engine, I've only ever heard Ringo and your man from Boys From the Blackstuff. Mind blown! Quote
Chili Posted August 13, 2024 Posted August 13, 2024 1 hour ago, Harry Wiseau said: TIL George Carlin voiced Thomas the Tank Engine, I've only ever heard Ringo and your man from Boys From the Blackstuff. Mind blown! Yesss, thank you for reminding me of this. He narrated the first few series of Thomas in America, where it was oddly packaged into another show under the title Shining Time Station. I was more mind blown to know Carlin's replacements included Alec Baldwin & Pierce Brosnan. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.