Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

All I could think was to get the bus to Sainsbury's in Hazel Grove, come back to Stockport, get some frozen chips from the Co-Op. And then set on the bench near the (lovely) local church and eat Hello Panda.

I got really confused by this bit and thought your original plan was to sit and eat frozen chips. I mean each to their own...

3 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Obviously I don't believe a word of it

That's your imposter talking, dont listen to them!

  • Paid Members
Posted
29 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Amazing to read.

Actually I was going to come and post something similar - I went to my work's anniversary party last night. I think I could count on one hand the number of times I've socialised with work people in the last 15 years. I don't drink. I'm socially awkward. It's pretty much my worst nightmare. And ever since Covid times, I've been FAR too comfortable sitting at home and not going anywhere. It's lovely.

BUT everyone convinced me to go and guess what? They were right. I know they were all probably incredibly drunk but it was such a weird fun nice night where they were all telling me how glad they were to have me there and how great I am to work with and all this other stuff which goes completely against how I see myself in the company and in life. Obviously I don't believe a word of it but it was just nice to feel appreciated.

So yeah. Good night, apart from it being outside and then deciding to piss it down on the way home, but I'll take it.

Well done mate, we both had a socially productive evening!

Posted

Full credit to those that can overcome their anxieties and worries and step into the unknown. 

 

Devon - top marks for doing what you do as a single dad!must be the hardest thing, but I promise you you'll feel a LOT better with quality carers to help you get time for yourself. 

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted
Just now, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

Is there any sort of 'back up' place such as a Facebook group or another forum?

A Reddit, or in your case, a Deadit, waheeeeeeeey. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

A Reddit, or in your case, a Deadit, waheeeeeeeey. 

This is actually true, too, as it's apparently been removed because it was being used for spam.

Posted
19 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

I'm happy this place came back, because every time it goes down nowadays I suspect that is it and will be gone forever. 

I would genuinely be gutted. I spend more time here than anywhere. Funny how you get attached to things.

Posted (edited)

Same, I've been here for well over a decade, talked to he same folk day in, day out and for them to disappear in a poof would leave me quite sad. 

It's literally in my muscle memory to check this place regularly. As soon I press the internet icon on my phone, I go to the short cut for UKFF automatically 

Edited by deathrey
  • Paid Members
Posted

Only just read D-Mal’s story, and what an awesome story it is. I’m sitting here watching The Open and eating a cookie, thinking I was pretty chipper, but reading that has improved my evening even more. Top stuff.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Depends what type of cookie.

Tesco Finest triple chocolate.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Fucking golden to get communications like that. The last time I did was so long ago I had to go to the tax office in person to pick up a cheque. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...