Keith Houchen Posted May 22, 2024 Posted May 22, 2024 21 minutes ago, deathrey said: Things can only get better Things can only get wetter. Quote
Donald J Trump Posted May 24, 2024 Posted May 24, 2024 Why did nobody tell me about Airbus Beluga? Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted May 24, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 24, 2024 The flipside from a million worky gripes in the Annoyance thread..... the stunted little cunt whose stuff I need to look after when she's on holiday, has gone on holiday. Her handover is refreshingly small, but what cheers me up..... she didnt both telling the phone agents that she's on holiday so they're telling all her customers she'll get back to them on Tuesday. She won't, I don't have to deal with them, and she'll get a bollocking. Good. Backstabbing little turd. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 28, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted May 28, 2024 (edited) So the community-owned, co-operative bookshop I'm a member of has a backyard. For the first few years we've been there, it's just been a disused mess. Anyway, I finally got round to co-ordinating an effort last year to getting it cleaned up, then putting decking down, so that we could turn it into a pleasant reading area for people to come and sit with their books and a cup of coffee (we've managed to set up a deal with a local roasting house). We want to make the shop a place to just hang out in, not just for its own sake, but also because we want people to choose us as their preferred bookseller, instead of Amazon. We weren't quite able to finish it last year, but I was determined to get it ready for this spring/summer. Finally managed it. Here's how it looked before (had cleared a bit of the rubbish and junk on the patio before I remembered to take a "before" pic): And here's how it looks now. We're having the launch event for it this Friday, and I couldn't be prouder of the work we've done, considering we had very little budget (a couple of hundred for the decking, and the rest came off Freecycle or NextDoor): There's still a fair bit left to do, but that's deliberate: we've created a Gardening Club, so that people will hopefully want to come along and grow stuff, and thus have their own investment in the space. I'm also looking forward to using it myself as an alternative workspace. Edited May 28, 2024 by Carbomb Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted June 5, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 5, 2024 I'm going to see North by Northwest a week tomorrow! Quote
Tamura Posted June 5, 2024 Posted June 5, 2024 My energy bill direct debit going down. Electricity only, I don't use gas. I don't even know what it is.... Quote
Keith Houchen Posted June 5, 2024 Posted June 5, 2024 Car passed its MOT. And had a homemade mixed kebab for me dinner. Quote
Paid Members DCW Posted June 5, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 5, 2024 The driver on my bus home from work this evening stopped, switched off the engine and informed the annoying twat listening to tiktoks at full volume on his phone that we wouldn't be moving again unless he 'catches himself on and stops annoying everyone with his phone bollocks'. Single greatest moment I've witnessed on a shitey Dublin Bus. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted June 6, 2024 Posted June 6, 2024 Latest perfectly acceptable daytime quiz show, The Finish Line. They’ve even had two wrestling questions in the last couple of days. The podiums they stand on move as they race to the titular finish line and it cracks me up. They should stick antenna on them though and call it Battle Snails. And Sarah Greene is spot on in the Richard Osman (Ossy to his mates) role. Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted June 6, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 6, 2024 3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: And Sarah Greene is spot on in the Richard Osman (Ossy to his mates) role. One for the Vintage Bintage thread imo Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted June 6, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 6, 2024 (edited) 59 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: Latest perfectly acceptable daytime quiz show, The Finish Line. They’ve even had two wrestling questions in the last couple of days. The podiums they stand on move as they race to the titular finish line and it cracks me up. They should stick antenna on them though and call it Battle Snails. And Sarah Greene is spot on in the Richard Osman (Ossy to his mates) role. My missus was on this the other day. She got down to the last two, but the other guy was really quick on the buzzer. EDIT: Last Friday, that's when she was on. EDIT to the EDIT: Thursday actually. Edited June 6, 2024 by gmoney Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted June 6, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 6, 2024 I enjoy it The Finish Line. The podiums moving are hilarious. Roman Kemp is the not the most natural host but he’s better than Bradley Walsh’s kid at hosting. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted June 6, 2024 Posted June 6, 2024 1 minute ago, TheBurningRed said: I enjoy it The Finish Line. The podiums moving are hilarious. Roman Kemp is the not the most natural host but he’s better than Bradley Walsh’s kid at hosting. Sarah Greene’s husband is better at presenting than Bradley Walsh’s kid, and he’s been dead for about 10 years. Quote
no user name Posted June 6, 2024 Posted June 6, 2024 When I went to this wrestling show the other day was a women with her son. She looked late 50s to sixties. It seemed like she had had a stroke or something in the past. I really liked the fact that she still did things that she liked. She was really into it as well. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.