Things that cheer you up

Carbomb

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Jumping out of an aeroplane tomorrow. Will cheer me up loads if I don't die.

I'm sad to report that I didn't make it. Was great fun until the parachute didn't open. Thoughts are with my family at this difficult time.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

I'm sad to report that I didn't make it. Was great fun until the parachute didn't open. Thoughts are with my family at this difficult time.

For the benefit of any Flat Earthers reading, can you confirm whether or not that gravity stuff is real?

Just now, Gus Mears said:

Mrs Mears passed her driving test today. Very proud, especially as she's in her 30's and from foreign lands without roundabouts.

Also it's incredible that she could concentrate so well, with the grief being so fresh.

I viewed a puppy today, and although it made me realise how much I miss my previous dog, it’s pretty impossible not to feel on cloud 9 when you’re surrounded by little pups and their parents, all vying for your attention. In the end we decided against getting one of this particular little…I’m not sure what it was exactly, but it didn’t feel like any of them were ‘our’ dog; but I’m bloody glad I met them. Dogs are the best.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Mrs Mears passed her driving test today. Very proud, especially as she's in her 30's and from foreign lands without roundabouts.

Stoke?

On 4/9/2024 at 8:06 AM, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

Did a fundraiser for our Air cadet Squadron in our local Tesco on Saturday to go with our big raffle (have I mentioned it? 😀) and all in all with stuff my dad was selling to help raise funds too, we took close to £700! Pushing hard now in the last 2 weeks to make it to £1000.

If allowed, the link to buy tickets online is 

www.gofundme.com/999-dunmow-district-air-cadets 

Just an update, with 1 week to go, we are on course for around £1300 raised. Less costs and the Squadron will be better off to the tune of about £1200

• Moderators

Apologies in advance for being a dick as this relates to charity but you clearly know this thread is not a fundraising thread and bumping the progress of your appeal to solicit donations under the guise of it 'cheering you up' is not cool.

1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Apologies in advance for being a dick as this relates to charity but you clearly know this thread is not a fundraising thread and bumping the progress of your appeal to solicit donations under the guise of it 'cheering you up' is not cool.

It's not bumping it, it's merely saying that we've done an incredible job and seeing the kids out selling tickets and raising over £1000 is amazing. 

Sorry for posting positivity about young people.

Seeing the sea cheers me up. 

spacer.png

I work in a small team and we all work from home, so we have a monthly-ish meet up, where we have our work chat for an hour and then go for a walk with the dogs. It amazes me when other teams find out about this and go "Wish we could do that" You can! It's easy! And encouraged!

Sometimes a nice country park or trail, but today was the beach.

Apparently that's the Isle Of Wight, which I didn't realise was so close. Could swim that. Well I couldn't as I can't swim.

Quality cargo ship action as well.

spacer.png

Had a spiced cauliflower, chickpea, onion bhaji pasty as well, came home, played football with the 11yo and nutmegged her 5 times. Quality day.