Paid Members Gus Mears Posted April 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 13, 2024 22 hours ago, Gus Mears said: Jumping out of an aeroplane tomorrow. Will cheer me up loads if I don't die. I'm sad to report that I didn't make it. Was great fun until the parachute didn't open. Thoughts are with my family at this difficult time. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 13, 2024 Members Posted April 13, 2024 2 hours ago, Gus Mears said: I'm sad to report that I didn't make it. Was great fun until the parachute didn't open. Thoughts are with my family at this difficult time. Ghost Mears? Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted April 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 13, 2024 2 hours ago, Gus Mears said: I'm sad to report that I didn't make it. Was great fun until the parachute didn't open. Thoughts are with my family at this difficult time. For the benefit of any Flat Earthers reading, can you confirm whether or not that gravity stuff is real? Quote
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted April 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 13, 2024 The fact that we are now rid of Gus has cheered me up no end. Terrible man. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 13, 2024 Members Posted April 13, 2024 28 minutes ago, Thunderplex said: The fact that we are now rid of Gus has cheered me up no end. Terrible man. Will you be paying tribute in your normal way? Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted April 16, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 16, 2024 Mrs Mears passed her driving test today. Very proud, especially as she's in her 30's and from foreign lands without roundabouts. Quote
BrodyGraham Posted April 16, 2024 Posted April 16, 2024 Just now, Gus Mears said: Mrs Mears passed her driving test today. Very proud, especially as she's in her 30's and from foreign lands without roundabouts. Also it's incredible that she could concentrate so well, with the grief being so fresh. Quote
RedRooster Posted April 16, 2024 Posted April 16, 2024 I viewed a puppy today, and although it made me realise how much I miss my previous dog, it’s pretty impossible not to feel on cloud 9 when you’re surrounded by little pups and their parents, all vying for your attention. In the end we decided against getting one of this particular little…I’m not sure what it was exactly, but it didn’t feel like any of them were ‘our’ dog; but I’m bloody glad I met them. Dogs are the best. Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted April 17, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 17, 2024 7 hours ago, Gus Mears said: Mrs Mears passed her driving test today. Very proud, especially as she's in her 30's and from foreign lands without roundabouts. Stoke? Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted April 17, 2024 Posted April 17, 2024 On 4/9/2024 at 8:06 AM, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: Did a fundraiser for our Air cadet Squadron in our local Tesco on Saturday to go with our big raffle (have I mentioned it? ?) and all in all with stuff my dad was selling to help raise funds too, we took close to £700! Pushing hard now in the last 2 weeks to make it to £1000. If allowed, the link to buy tickets online is www.gofundme.com/999-dunmow-district-air-cadets Just an update, with 1 week to go, we are on course for around £1300 raised. Less costs and the Squadron will be better off to the tune of about £1200 Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted April 17, 2024 Moderators Posted April 17, 2024 Apologies in advance for being a dick as this relates to charity but you clearly know this thread is not a fundraising thread and bumping the progress of your appeal to solicit donations under the guise of it 'cheering you up' is not cool. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted April 17, 2024 Posted April 17, 2024 1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said: Apologies in advance for being a dick as this relates to charity but you clearly know this thread is not a fundraising thread and bumping the progress of your appeal to solicit donations under the guise of it 'cheering you up' is not cool. It's not bumping it, it's merely saying that we've done an incredible job and seeing the kids out selling tickets and raising over £1000 is amazing. Sorry for posting positivity about young people. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 19, 2024 Members Posted April 19, 2024 Seeing the sea cheers me up. I work in a small team and we all work from home, so we have a monthly-ish meet up, where we have our work chat for an hour and then go for a walk with the dogs. It amazes me when other teams find out about this and go "Wish we could do that" You can! It's easy! And encouraged! Sometimes a nice country park or trail, but today was the beach. Apparently that's the Isle Of Wight, which I didn't realise was so close. Could swim that. Well I couldn't as I can't swim. Quality cargo ship action as well. Had a spiced cauliflower, chickpea, onion bhaji pasty as well, came home, played football with the 11yo and nutmegged her 5 times. Quality day. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted April 19, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted April 19, 2024 Did you wave to @Kookoocachu? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.