Things that cheer you up

Carbomb

• Paid Members

Last few years, my dad genes activated, but we’ve no kids, so I’ve been doing a lot of projects. Recently wired up our shed, and put a new outside power outlet from the garage, including cutting through the siding on the house. Gives me a rush, which reminds me I’m old.

Just finished our first raised bed for planting veg, going to be three when I’m done. Felt great to go from a pile of uncut landscaping timber to this.

IMG_2343.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2024 at 12:20 PM, HarmonicGenerator said:

I'd bid for that Oscars programme, I'd love to see that!

I've now got it in hand and to be totally Frank....its disappointing. Its a thick 'booklet' all very nice and that with all the nominations and that contained and Sam's signature on the front from 2016 ceremony. I'll get some pics of it and put them up. 

Oh and tickets are now on sale for the draw:

Some of the prizes are listed on the GFM link but we have over 40 available to win and tickets are £5 each available through GoFundMe link below. Thank you for your generosity and support! 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/999-dunmow-district-air-cadets

Edited by Tim Healys Chutney Spoon

On 3/9/2023 at 7:08 PM, SuperBacon said:

It's my mate Daves birthday today. March 9th is also the day that the Notorious BIG died.

For the past 20 odd years I message him every birthday with "RIP Biggie" and he STILL loves it and it makes us both laugh like silly little kids.

Really cheers me up to know he appreciates it.

Still makes me laugh. spacer.png

When they gave me a mobility scooter at the baseball to get to the stadium, that was the signage they used for the accelerator. I really wanted to take the thing home with me, it was well skill.