Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted October 14, 2023 Paid Members Posted October 14, 2023 A restaurant opened downstairs a couple of months ago and I finally got round to trying it tonight and the food was superb. Even better, I get 20% off because I live upstairs. Made my weekend. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted October 14, 2023 Paid Members Posted October 14, 2023 That's a great deal. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted October 15, 2023 Paid Members Posted October 15, 2023 18 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: A restaurant opened downstairs a couple of months ago and I finally got round to trying it tonight and the food was superb. Even better, I get 20% off because I live upstairs. Made my weekend. I was about to ask for more details and then realised you live above it so would be essentially doxxing yourself! 20% off is solid though. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted October 19, 2023 Awards Moderator Posted October 19, 2023 That colouring book sounds quite good. Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted October 19, 2023 Paid Members Posted October 19, 2023 Is it about dinosaurs that come from different places around the world, or a book about dinosaurs going on tour? Quote
Keith Houchen Posted October 19, 2023 Posted October 19, 2023 1 hour ago, gmoney said: And of course, the rancid twat signed a few thousand copies. Hopefully a Partridge esque pulping is on the cards! Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted October 19, 2023 Paid Members Posted October 19, 2023 Safe bet that JK Rowling bought at least half of those. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted October 21, 2023 Posted October 21, 2023 https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0gmsqd7 Watching HIGNFY last night and Bill Bailey playing bagpipes (badly) whilst Ian and Paul danced around doing the Highland Fling was absolutely hilarious and put a huge smile on my face after a very tough and stressful week! Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted October 21, 2023 Paid Members Posted October 21, 2023 I can't help but love this clip. The girl reminds me of myself at that age, as we have a cassette recording of me when I'm about 3 being asked to sing Hickory Dickory Dock, and I start off with the mouse running DOWN the clock, before collapsing into hysterics. What I find fascinating is that I've seen behind-the-scenes photos from Sesame Street, and the puppeteers (in this case it would be Jim Henson himself) are visible to all around them, and yet the children totally accept that the Muppets are alive. Quote
King Coconut Posted October 21, 2023 Posted October 21, 2023 (edited) Houchen's post about the death of that English football man cheered me right up. He didn't even think about pointing out where all the fans would be traveling from for the funeral. Edited October 21, 2023 by King Coconut Quote
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted October 21, 2023 Paid Members Posted October 21, 2023 You don’t know you need new slippers until you wear new slippers. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted October 21, 2023 Paid Members Posted October 21, 2023 6 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said: I can't help but love this clip. The girl reminds me of myself at that age, as we have a cassette recording of me when I'm about 3 being asked to sing Hickory Dickory Dock, and I start off with the mouse running DOWN the clock, before collapsing into hysterics. What I find fascinating is that I've seen behind-the-scenes photos from Sesame Street, and the puppeteers (in this case it would be Jim Henson himself) are visible to all around them, and yet the children totally accept that the Muppets are alive. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend the Street Gang: How We Got to Sesame Street documentary, which talks about the kids and how they responded to the Muppets. It's a delight as you'd expect. Quote
Browser Brady Posted October 22, 2023 Posted October 22, 2023 Seeing a Dog sticking his head out of a window in a moving car will always cheer me up Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.