Things that cheer you up

Carbomb

• Paid Members

A restaurant opened downstairs a couple of months ago and I finally got round to trying it tonight and the food was superb. Even better, I get 20% off because I live upstairs. Made my weekend.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

A restaurant opened downstairs a couple of months ago and I finally got round to trying it tonight and the food was superb. Even better, I get 20% off because I live upstairs. Made my weekend.

I was about to ask for more details and then realised you live above it so would be essentially doxxing yourself!
20% off is solid though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0gmsqd7

Watching HIGNFY last night and Bill Bailey playing bagpipes (badly) whilst Ian and Paul danced around doing the Highland Fling was absolutely hilarious and put a huge smile on my face after a very tough and stressful week!

• Paid Members

I can't help but love this clip. The girl reminds me of myself at that age, as we have a cassette recording of me when I'm about 3 being asked to sing Hickory Dickory Dock, and I start off with the mouse running DOWN the clock, before collapsing into hysterics.

What I find fascinating is that I've seen behind-the-scenes photos from Sesame Street, and the puppeteers (in this case it would be Jim Henson himself) are visible to all around them, and yet the children totally accept that the Muppets are alive.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I can't help but love this clip. The girl reminds me of myself at that age, as we have a cassette recording of me when I'm about 3 being asked to sing Hickory Dickory Dock, and I start off with the mouse running DOWN the clock, before collapsing into hysterics.

What I find fascinating is that I've seen behind-the-scenes photos from Sesame Street, and the puppeteers (in this case it would be Jim Henson himself) are visible to all around them, and yet the children totally accept that the Muppets are alive.

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend the Street Gang: How We Got to Sesame Street documentary, which talks about the kids and how they responded to the Muppets. It's a delight as you'd expect.