Things that cheer you up

Carbomb

Sometimes, my local Morrisons has these Jamaican patties in the reduced section for 45p. Reheated a chilli beef one in the air fryer (Have I told you I have an air fryer?) and it was well skill. Think I preferred it to the chicken ones that usually inhabit the reduced shelf. 

If they have a tray full, I might get loads to stick in the freezer, but then I’d feel like a wanker for stockpiling and stopping other people on a budget from getting them. 

• Paid Members

The Isle of Wight. All of it - it’s bloody lovely. First time visiting this weekend and it’s a wretch to leave. Will definitely be back to explore in more depth but would highly recommend it to anyone planning a trip. Lots of reasonably priced air bnbs in the area and lots to do. We stayed in Shanklin. 

Currently on board the Red Eagle ferry travelling back to the mainland. Also having a massive shit. Choppy waters today so it’s a wild ride. 

• Awards Moderator
18 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

The Isle of Wight. All of it - it’s bloody lovely. First time visiting this weekend and it’s a wretch to leave. Will definitely be back to explore in more depth but would highly recommend it to anyone planning a trip. Lots of reasonably priced air bnbs in the area and lots to do. We stayed in Shanklin. 

Currently on board the Red Eagle ferry travelling back to the mainland. Also having a massive shit. Choppy waters today so it’s a wild ride. 

Went twice in the last year. Thoroughly loved it. Great for families and incredibly dog friendly. 

22 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

On the subject of islands, I'll add the Western Isles to this list. The Isle of Lewis in particular is just stunning, with quite a lot to do. I was there earlier this month, and found myself on this beach (not my photo) - and it was just as empty as it is in this image: 

33695236630_149f2ce51f_b.jpg

Most beaches were like that - a few tourists and locals, but not many - and it just felt magical, like you were cut off from the rest of the world and enjoying your own private space away from the chaos of city life. If you're there on a Sunday, they actually shut everything down for religious reasons - so it feels empty, even in the main town - but not in a bad way. Perhaps in the summer - during peak tourist season - it's much busier, but while I was there, it felt like I was living life at a slower, more relaxed pace. And it was lovely. 

Edited by RedRooster
A typo, astutely spotted by King Coconut!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/65667644

Not a huge golf fan, but follow it a little bit, but this story gives hope to all those club players dreaming of their moment. Now and then sport gives old fashioned feel good stories and this is one of them.

• Paid Members
On 5/21/2023 at 2:13 PM, Fatty Facesitter said:

Also having a massive shit

22 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Went twice in the last year.

That may require a consultation with your GP.

• Awards Moderator

Astro’s recent Bobby Davro piece…

… summoning the man himself to pay his compliments:

Stuart’s output is utterly brilliant and I imagine he puts hours upon hours into every piece, so I hope this gave him the buzz it deserved.

I once saw Davvers going absolutely mental outside my office window trying to fit something way too small in the boot of his car (I think it was a filing cabinet).

He was screaming at the car, calling it kinds of things and then let out one really guttural CUUUUUUUUUUUUUNT to the sky and just drove off in the end with the boot open. Lovely stuff.

My first garden bat sighting of the year!! For the last few years we’ve had three bats zooming around at dusk and it’s always been so joyous to see them. Was in the garden just now and saw one of them!! 

• Paid Members

I went to Wimpy in Wembley with my mate when we were in that London for that PROGRESS show. It wasn't as good as I remember. Maybe it was just those franchisees though. 

• Awards Moderator
On 5/23/2023 at 3:46 PM, Frankie Crisp said:

Stuart’s output is utterly brilliant and I imagine he puts hours upon hours into every piece

His recent Rainbow compilation took 30 hours to put together.