Things that cheer you up

Carbomb

• Paid Members

I'm in a pub in my town and a group of older drinkers have somehow fed 15 credits into the jukebox with no idea how to pick songs.

On finding this I've been the tech help in annoying the pub with anything they asked for, seeing us through to closing, with full deniability of just being nice. 

Edited by Tommy!

Knowing that on Thursday I'll be getting married and my unofficial stepson will be on the first steps to becoming my legal son.

Spoiler

His real dad is an absolute cnut and will hopefully be going to jail this year for being an accessory to a baby being mauled to death by a husky. Never bothered with my lad since before he was born nor any of his other kids and then he took his latest one out while husky training at 11pm and one of the dogs mauled his daughter to death. Just hoping someone opens him up the same way once he's inside...

Edited by Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete

11 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Was not expecting that in the ‘Things that Cheer you Up’ thread. All the best for Thursday though and as a collector of children with useless bio dads myself I salute you.

Yeah it's not the most cheery of things, but seems the judge will be sending him down reading between the lines of his comments 

Spoiler

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/karen-alcock-husky-mauled-baby-death-b2250803.html

That's cheering us all up to be honest, just desperately sad for little Kyra who's effectively my lads half-sister

Edited by Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete

• Paid Members

My job puts clothes on people. Just done a bunch for the production crew of a TV program. One of them was intended for the host, who is a household name. Just having to do a rush job to get another one done in 2XL because when the delivery came, said host is fatter than he thought he was. Which has delighted me. Prick.

Whenever anyone is ill, my dog empties the contents of his toybox, dumping them on the bed in which they're trying to get some rest. One by one, the little guy will take one of his chewed up teddies, that utterly stink of dog breath and leave them with you. 

It's undeniably disgusting, and it can, sometimes make you feel even more ill; but the fact he clearly recognises there's a problem and thinks "what would cheer me up?" before settling on this solution is so lovely and sweet, that you can't help but feel uplifted by it. Dogs are the best. 

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

My job puts clothes on people. Just done a bunch for the production crew of a TV program. One of them was intended for the host, who is a household name. Just having to do a rush job to get another one done in 2XL because when the delivery came, said host is fatter than he thought he was. Which has delighted me. Prick.

Michael McIntyre has let himself go.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Whenever anyone is ill, my dog empties the contents of his toybox, dumping them on the bed in which they're trying to get some rest. One by one, the little guy will take one of his chewed up teddies, that utterly stink of dog breath and leave them with you. 

It's undeniably disgusting, and it can, sometimes make you feel even more ill; but the fact he clearly recognises there's a problem and thinks "what would cheer me up?" before settling on this solution is so lovely and sweet, that you can't help but feel uplifted by it. Dogs are the best. 

Now that's the kind of dog story I can get behind. Dogs are magnificent creatures.

2 hours ago, Nick James said:

Now that's the kind of dog story I can get behind. Dogs are magnificent creatures.

If you try to put any of the toys back in his box, he’ll just bring them back out; dumping them beside you before looking at you with a stare that is either him trying to say ‘no, they’re yours now - play with them!’, or him thinking ‘fucking idiot doesn’t know what he’s supposed to do with them!’ 

Either way, awwww.