Things that cheer you up

Carbomb

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

Was this on his "Barri-oke" tour @DavidB6937

Tour, I'm pretty sure this is his full time job at this point. Seeing him while absolutely mortal on a stage at Truck Festival a few years back not realising he would be there was one of the more sobering things I've ever had.

The kids have been shipped off to their grandparents for the weekend, the Chinese has just arrived (sorry Bowler) I'm about to watch Terminator 2 and my ex has asked if we should have a little smoke later whilst the kids are away, like a couple of incredibly middle class parents. I bet I chuck a whitey. 

Happy fucking Friday! 

spacer.png

My girlfriend grew up listening to pop punk and ska punk from the 90s. We started watching those “React” vids where kids listen to songs from that era and see if they know them. There are also ones where they see if they know songs that their parents listened to. 

They’re wholesome as fuck and because I didn’t listen to those bands, I try and guess what they are too and it’s a fun game for us. Although she was horrified that not one of the kids knew Girls All The Bad Guys Want by Bowling For Soup. One kid saying Stacey’s Mom was a bit problematic made up for it though!

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

One kid saying Stacey’s Mom was a bit problematic made up for it though!

Slightly off topic but there was a lass in our year at school called Stacey who's mom had died not long before that was released. 

I didn't know her very well so I don't know if the aforementioned mom did indeed have it going on. 

I went to the Piano Works in Leicester Square a couple of weeks ago for a friend’s birthday. I didn’t want to go - the pictures on the website made it look like a hellish nightclub full of nobs but it was the complete opposite and I didn’t want to leave.

Basically, the have an incredibly talented live band who play requests that you write on a bit of paper and add a tip if you want it pushed to the top of the queue.

The range of requests they played was brilliant. The reason I mention this is because they did Stacey’s Mom and I was blown away. They were fantastic. Someone there must’ve been an emo back in the day because there were sprinklings of Evanescence, Blink-182, Paramore and Jimmy Eat World as well. One of the singers praised the person who requested Still Into You because it was one of her favourite songs too.

It was a great night, I stayed a lot later than I intended and spent way too much money. And I may also have danced like a nob to Backstreet’s Back whilst trying not to spill an expensive thimble of espresso martini.