lars85 Posted January 19, 2023 Posted January 19, 2023 We got a new washing machine a few months ago and I've only just found out it plays a little tune when the cycle is finished. I enjoyed that more than I should have. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 19, 2023 Paid Members Posted January 19, 2023 9 minutes ago, lars85 said: We got a new washing machine a few months ago and I've only just found out it plays a little tune when the cycle is finished. I enjoyed that more than I should have. LG? Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted January 19, 2023 Paid Members Posted January 19, 2023 19 hours ago, Dr. Alan Grant said: I can’t quite figure out how to upload photos properly, so these will show up as links most likely. Anyway, my first AliExpress Lego arrived and it’s a thing of beauty. Indistinguishable from the genuine thing, no missing pieces or rubbish instructions just like some of you said. On eBay, this set goes for £300-£500. I paid £25. More sets will follow. I’ve got my eye on Wall-E. The 10 year old me always associates Christmas and lego with the ships and castles so this was my knockoff lego for Christmas Quote
lars85 Posted January 19, 2023 Posted January 19, 2023 14 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: LG? Yeah Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 19, 2023 Moderators Posted January 19, 2023 47 minutes ago, chokeout said: The 10 year old me always associates Christmas and lego with the ships and castles so this was my knockoff lego for Christmas I love it. Did you get this off that joy site? Very nice. Quote
Guest Posted January 19, 2023 Posted January 19, 2023 53 minutes ago, chokeout said: The 10 year old me always associates Christmas and lego with the ships and castles so this was my knockoff lego for Christmas 10 year old me's doing backflips and looking for his Robin Hood minifigure. Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted January 19, 2023 Paid Members Posted January 19, 2023 25 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: I love it. Did you get this off that joy site? Very nice. Yep. Got 3 sets from Joy to do over Christmas. Arrived in 10 days and that was with the postal strikes, although I know a few people that had to wait an extra 3 weeks because of the chaos at Heathrow with postal backlogs. It's a huge set and I would have got the genuine one if I could afford it but this was £250 cheaper. It's almost 1:1 with the lego set with a few smaller pieces swapped out like shields and slight variations on the minifigs (and bizarrely swapping a cow for a reindeer!) but the actual build is identical. The biggest issue is proving that it belongs in the living room and not, as my girlfriend insists, 'out of her fucking way!' Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted January 19, 2023 Paid Members Posted January 19, 2023 29 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said: 10 year old me's doing backflips and looking for his Robin Hood minifigure. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted January 20, 2023 Author Paid Members Posted January 20, 2023 This post from Egg had me chuckling away. Am still giggling now. The bit in bold is what got me. 1 hour ago, Egg Shen said: always have to share a Don King poster when they crop up because they are the best posters in combat sports. Jonathon Guidry fights Bermane Stiverne tomorrow, they are fighting for peace in the Ukraine again which is nice. Just look at it: Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted January 21, 2023 Paid Members Posted January 21, 2023 (edited) One of the cool things about my son is that he likes old things, on account of them being "fancy". Being typical of a 6 year old boy, he loves steam trains, but probably loves trams even more. He's been to Crich a fair few times (entry is an automatic annual pass), and we're going to try and time our next Blackpool visit for when Tram Town is open. So, for @DavidB6937, @jazzygeofferz@Carbomband others, here's his own Tram museum. They're mostly Corgi models, with the smaller ones being from Lledo "Days Gone" that he's built up over the last three Christmases and birthdays. His favourites are probably the Blackpool balloon trams (he loves Blackpool in general, which probably accounts for much of this). The green one has actually come apart, but he's quite happy to be able to see the staircases and layout inside. Edited January 21, 2023 by Nostalgia Nonce Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted January 21, 2023 Paid Members Posted January 21, 2023 A railcoach, a dreadnought and a standard car in the Blackpool section. That's a really good collection. Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted January 22, 2023 Paid Members Posted January 22, 2023 13 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said: A railcoach, a dreadnought and a standard car in the Blackpool section. That's a really good collection. Aren't Dreadnoughts the ones with two staircases at the same end, that go either side of the cab? Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted January 22, 2023 Paid Members Posted January 22, 2023 8 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said: Aren't Dreadnoughts the ones with two staircases at the same end, that go either side of the cab? They are. I stand corrected. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 22, 2023 Posted January 22, 2023 Blackpool was my go-to for holidays when I was a kid because dad hated boats and mum won't fly. So I fucking love trams. Thanks for sharing @Nostalgia Nonce! I always wanted a collection myself. I think I only ever got one which was a special edition from Blackpool. I'll have to see if I saved it. I always find most of my cool shit I'd love now was given away by my mum damnit. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 2, 2023 Paid Members Posted February 2, 2023 The German name for the Pokemon Snorlax. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.