Things that cheer you up

Carbomb

• Paid Members

Thank you all for recommending AliExpress. Within seconds of curiously searching for items online, I found this bundle 

5B10BF55-FB3F-40BD-9400-9D2BA0A98446.thumb.jpeg.dedc2ba4f84cba9ab88e7cabee572d3b.jpeg

I have since found roughly 1,043 things I’d also like to spend my money on. 

@jazzygeofferz I read Francis Bourgeois’ book over Christmas. Very good. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Thank you all for recommending AliExpress. Within seconds of curiously searching for items online, I found this bundle 

5B10BF55-FB3F-40BD-9400-9D2BA0A98446.thumb.jpeg.dedc2ba4f84cba9ab88e7cabee572d3b.jpeg

I have since found roughly 1,043 things I’d also like to spend my money on. 

@jazzygeofferz I read Francis Bourgeois’ book over Christmas. Very good. 

Last week I randomly got this set from a charity shop including a puzzle, like new for £2.50

Edited by Weezenal

Carrying on the AliExpress chat, last year for my son's advent calendar I bought 24 of the Star Wars "Lego" minifigures and filled one of the empty hanging calendars with them. 

They were brilliant quality, exactly the same as the legit ones and were about 60p each.

Shudder to think about how much some people have spent for "rare" one's on eBay when identical replica's are available for next to nothing.

It's full of great stuff for pennies.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

• Paid Members

How much is the Where's Wally bundle? They were selling something like that for £20 in The Works at the end of last year. I still remember my gran bringing me the original book back from London. She bought them all for me over time. They also did an alternate version of the original at some point where they'd moved Wally on every page, and added in all the extra characters from the other books. 

• Paid Members

Bible verses about ass. My top three so far...

(1) "And Moses took his wife and his sons, and set them upon an ass, and he returned to the land of Egypt: and Moses took the rod of God in his hand." - Exodus 4:20

(2) "And as one of them opened his sack to give his ass provender in the inn, he espied his money; for, behold, it [was] in his sack's mouth." - Genesis 42:27

(3) "And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you." - Genesis 22:5

14 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

(1) "And Moses took his wife and his sons, and set them upon an ass, and he returned to the land of Egypt: and Moses took the rod of God in his hand." - Exodus 4:20

(2) "And as one of them opened his sack to give his ass provender in the inn, he espied his money; for, behold, it [was] in his sack's mouth." - Genesis 42:27

(3) "And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you." - Genesis 22:5

This is why I keep coming back to this place. Wonderful. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Genuinely considering incorporating this into my best man speech for my brother's gay wedding this summer. 

• Paid Members

On Where's Wally chat, I used to have all of them, absolutely loved them. I had some richer friends when I was a kid, whose Mum was American, so they spent every summer over there, and a couple of times they brought back Where's Waldo books.

It blew my mind. When The Simpsons referenced "Waldo", I thought they were parodying Wally, I didn't realise that's what they actually called him in the US. I figured that he must have been Wally first and renamed for the Americans, but then - an embarrassing amount of time later - I realised that the baddy, Odlaw, is just Waldo spelled backwards. That settled it, I assumed that meant I was wrong and that it was an American thing and that it was us who had been weird and insisted on the books being renamed.

To this day, I still really wasn't sure, and just had to look it up to check. They're British.

I also had at least one Dutch edition. It wasn't this one, but I like how this title reads like you're being interrogated about Wally's whereabouts by an increasingly drunk Glaswegian

20230115_112504.jpg

• Paid Members

I used to get the weekly Where’s Wally magazines from the papershop when I was a kid. Loved them. Now and again you’d get a magic eye poster with them and it took me ages to figure out just how cross eyed to go!

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I used to get the weekly Where’s Wally magazines from the papershop when I was a kid. Loved them. Now and again you’d get a magic eye poster with them and it took me ages to figure out just how cross eyed to go!

Was this the Wally's World one where each issue focused on a different country? I had a binder folder full of every issue of this. Was fuming during lockdown when I wanted to dig them out and me mam told me she'd thrown them all away.