Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Was playing Battlefield 2042. I’m shit at it but enjoy it. I got killed by someone stood about five feet from me and they immediately ran up to my still quivering corpse and indulged in what was known in my day as “Teabagging”. It’s beautiful that the much maligned youth of today still hold dear the traditions and customs of their forefathers. 

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

Murkage Dave put this post up on his Patreon last week:

555FDF43-AAD1-4E9F-A573-04DD0C9616C0.thumb.jpeg.e102eb9477aed1326afea47f3849d2a2.jpeg
Like most Patrons, I threw a comment in the hat, stating how much his music meant to me and adding that I was looking for personal artwork for my new office when I move there in March.

By personal, I mean his music absolutely dragged me through an arsehole of a few months and it resonates very much with me.

Then, yesterday, this landed:

DCC0A5FE-C776-4D80-AE34-88B6E47BE5FA.thumb.jpeg.64f5c1d5c5d0f0c320ea9b6cbd2b458d.jpeg

The office I’m moving to is a bit of a dream come true and having this on the wall - given how much his music helped me get my head together - feels like a bit of a jigsaw piece fitting.

Narrator: nobody has a fucking clue who Murkage Dave is.

Posted
On 1/3/2023 at 5:00 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Apologies to Chest for the football post, but it really is such an interesting ground. I live close to it and I love how it’s one of the few big stadiums left surrounded by terraced streets. Sure it’s dilapidated in places and needs serious investment but it would be a real shame if they went for a brand new stadium. I love the contrast of an iconic ground and team located in amongst normal streets. 

God I miss Highfield Road. ?

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Had a slap up feed down the Hungry Horse last night. Boneless wings, nachos and two burgers for £18 (my wife ate some of this).

Edited by Gus Mears
  • Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Had a slap up feed down the Hungry Horse last night. Boneless wings, nachos and two burgers for £18 (my wife ate some of this).

I once watched a Spurs game in the one in Hounslow that turned into a mass brawl with tables and chairs being flung. Properly rough place.

One narrowly missed a waitress who was serving, and she just ducked and carried on, "chips or baked potato?" 

Wife material.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

I once watched a Spurs game in the one in Hounslow that turned into a mass brawl with tables and chairs being flung. Properly rough place.

It wouldn’t surprise you to say it’s still the same and has fights on the regular. As does the one in Ashford. Bascially, that chain attracts twats. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

My other half and I used to go to the local Hungry Horse quite often when we first properly got together (I know how to treat a lady, yes I do) - it was very close to our uni, had good wifi and screens in the little booths so you could watch tele. We used to go there as a different place to study on afternoons off, cheap bites to eat and for evenings watching Benfica if they were on tele playing in a European game. We didn't have a lot of dosh at the time - like all good students we blew it on shite we didn't need - but we had each other and we liked it. Most of the other students went to the local 'Spoons, so it felt like our own secret little hangout. That, and the McDonalds at the back of the local ASDA. Life was simpler back then. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Had a slap up feed down the Hungry Horse last night. Boneless wings, nachos and two burgers for £18 (my wife ate some of this).

That big plate* Tuesday used to be brilliant. Its my mum's day off, so I'd get the tram over to the one at Salford Quays (the Matchstalk Men). I don't think I've seen a Cumberland sausage that big ever. It was in the same kind of box you'd stick a 9" pizza in. 

*(insert Partridge gif here) 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Always a real treat to get down the Horse with family. Remember going with my Mum and her partner as a teen and ordering the biggest mixed grill they had - steak, gammon, the big sausage, somthing that was once chicken and a lamb steak, forcing it down, barely being able to walk home while sweating pure grease from my pores, and not being able to take a shit for 48 hours. Great memories.

Posted

AliExpress.

My son watches something called WSC on YouTube where they do stop motion matches with wrestling figures...it's actually very well done.

Around Halloween they introduced several horror franchise figures into the mix and although my son's far too young for the films he just thinks of them as spooky characters like Bray Wyatt or The Undertaker.

He wanted to spend some of his Christmas money getting a couple of the NECA figures but they are £35-40 EACH.

A quick scan of AliExpress and they were on there for £15 each, in the presentation boxes, with all the accessories...and they were delivered in around 10 days. 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Jonny Vegas said:

AliExpress.

My son watches something called WSC on YouTube where they do stop motion matches with wrestling figures...it's actually very well done.

Around Halloween they introduced several horror franchise figures into the mix and although my son's far too young for the films he just thinks of them as spooky characters like Bray Wyatt or The Undertaker.

He wanted to spend some of his Christmas money getting a couple of the NECA figures but they are £35-40 EACH.

A quick scan of AliExpress and they were on there for £15 each, in the presentation boxes, with all the accessories...and they were delivered in around 10 days. 

 

AliExpress is great for all kinds of stuff. My 15yo has gotten tons of cosplay stuff off there over the last year or so, really obscure stuff as well.

Posted

My gf is watching The Big Bang Theory because she HAS to finish a series she started. Obviously it’s fucking awful but Christine Baranski has popped up in a few episodes. She’s brilliant in everything. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I keep meaning to have a look on there myself. 

My mum went out with her friend on Tuesday and said I'd probably like the place they went to because they have a lot of train books there. I need to find out where it is. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...