Things that cheer you up

Carbomb

On 4/17/2024 at 10:27 AM, Chest Rockwell said:

Apologies in advance for being a dick as this relates to charity but you clearly know this thread is not a fundraising thread and bumping the progress of your appeal to solicit donations under the guise of it 'cheering you up' is not cool.

You'll be pleased to know that the draw was last night so I'll shut up about it.

What I won't shut up about is how well those youngsters did selling tickets and raising money. With a late surge in sales they managed to raise, after costs, just shy of £1800! Phenomenal effort from them and I'm proud to be one of the leadership team of a Squadron of youngsters that work so hard for eachother and the betterment of the town.

• Paid Members

I bought a new Chromebook today and I found out they've rolled out Steam on new Chromebooks. At fucking last. So I've unexpectedly been playing Peggle all evening.

• Paid Members

Can't play Peggle without thinking of the time I stayed up all night playing it while listening to the audiobook of Middlemarch, because I had an exam in the morning and hadn't read it. Didn't finish the book, or pass the exam, but I did enjoy me some Peggle. 

Instagram link so hope it works https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzV1KCOsqmz/?igsh=MWNkbzdjZmIyNjR4ZQ==

it’s Siegfried And Joy, a pair of silly magicians who I believe were on Americas Got Talent.
What I love is the childlike reactions, in the sense that everyone applauds them like they would a five year old doing an obvious magic trick. 

Just good wholesome fun!

12 minutes ago, no user name said:

Do we know why he did it though? 

I should have anticipated this. Unfortunately despite much speculation, the motivation remains unclear. It was ever thus. 

I'll second the spellbinding magicians KH has recommended. I seen a video of them making a service bus full of passengers appear out of nowhere with "It's all coming back to me" by Celine Dion as a musical accompaniment. It was unforgettable. 

Edit - I wrote this before checking out the link. I won't ruin the surprise but if you follow KHs link expecting to see two magicians making a service bus full of passengers appear out of nowhere with "It's all coming back to me" by Celine Dion as a musical accompaniment, you won't be disappointed. 

Edited by Donald J Trump
It wasn't fair to Flair.