Paid Members Gus Mears Posted September 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 9, 2025 Hopefully Call the bastard Midwife next. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted September 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 9, 2025 Downton Abbey might be my biggest guilty pleasure TV show. It's absolutely shit, glorifies toffs and is a Torys wet dream yet I love it. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 9, 2025 6 minutes ago, Gus Mears said: Call the bastard Midwife Sounds great. Is it the NHS version of that restaurant where everyone serving is an arsehole? "Just push, you silly bitch, you're not the first woman to ever have a fucking baby, you know?" Actually, scratch that, I foresee a lot of midwife's getting stabbed with the umbilical cord scissors. Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted September 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 9, 2025 3 hours ago, Gus Mears said: Hopefully Call the bastard Midwife next. "Inside Olivia Colman" - Sniggers My missus watched Call The Midwife, and while it's whimsically entertaining in a Heartbeat kind of way, EVERY EPISODE IS EXACTLY THE SAME! Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 9, 2025 Posted September 9, 2025 4 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said: Downton Abbey might be my biggest guilty pleasure TV show. It's absolutely shit, glorifies toffs and is a Torys wet dream yet I love it. I'd never watched it before the beginning of September. Looked fucking awful. Of course, now having an unlimited cinema card means I'll watch anything, and because I saw there's a final Downton movie I decided I needed to watch the entire series. I'm nearly done with series 3 and god it makes me feel dirty how much I'm loving it. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted September 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2025 (edited) Guy doing training at work just said “what I like about this example is how efficiently this guy is working. He’s always killing some birds with a stone.” Not only is he answering emails within SLAs but he is constantly bludgeoning birds at all times. Edited September 15, 2025 by JLM Quote
Handsome Tex Hardcastle Posted September 15, 2025 Posted September 15, 2025 Went out for a woodland walk with my granddaughter over the weekend and she was asking me what I'd do if we we're being followed by a pack of Wolves. After listening to my absurd, heroic bullshit for about 10 minutes she just shook her head and said "If you were being followed by Wolves you would be Hot Dogs". Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted September 17, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted September 17, 2025 Was at a folk club in the Surrey countryside this weekend just gone. We meet every few months (barring the summer, when most people are abroad) at a lovely old YHA hostel in the Surrey Hills. Dirt roads, no streetlights, low signal. Beautiful part of the world - the club has been going since the 60s. I've been going since 2022, and I always have a great time. Woke up unexpectedly early on the Sunday morning and was greeted by this: Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted September 25, 2025 Posted September 25, 2025 My latest post on Facebook "Just back from seeing THE best show I've ever seen in a theatre. Its called 'Living with Luke' and its amazing. I know they dont tour as such and only perform now and then, but my God it moved me! The premise of 4 blokes, a few props and a wrestling ring doesn't sound much, but to have moved 60-70% of the audience to tears and rhen a standing ovation shows what an incredible story they told. Living With Luke -The Play tells the story of a dad of a son with autism and the battles he goes through. Absolutely phenomenal and watch this space for something that will take me a lot of guts to do, but I REALLY want to do something for Pact for Autism and raise money for them....suggestions gratefully received!" Two of the cast are wrestlers- Steve Hannam and Phil Powers. They only usually perform around the Harlow/Essex area but its an absolutely amazing show telling Steve's story of being a dad with a son with autism through the medium of pro wrestling! Had the audience in stitches laughing and then tears of sadness and understanding of the battles dads go through. Any ideas or suggestions on something BIG I could do to raise money for the charity feel free to DM Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 25, 2025 Posted September 25, 2025 Went to see Ardal O'Hanlon live last night. Obviously a Father Ted legend to most. The big thing for me was going in the first place. As many of you know, these past 6 months have been horrific, so to take myself off to an evening event by myself is a big step. I'm a generally anxious person anyway but just very proud that I didn't just sit at home wishing I went. Grief is an insanely complicated thing. You so easily flit between wanting to honour them by living life to feeling like you shouldn't be happy/laughing etc because they're not around. So obviously I'm dealing with all that now but it's all a completely natural part of the process. But for one night, even if it was just for a couple of hours, I smiled and laughed instead of crying all the fucking time. So that was nice. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 25, 2025 Well done, David. Glad it was a good night for you. Quote
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted September 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 28, 2025 When a dog or a cat yawns and they closed their mouths and a bit of tongue is still suck out. Kills me every time. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 28, 2025 Members Posted September 28, 2025 12 minutes ago, Thunderplex said: When a dog or a cat yawns and they closed their mouths and a bit of tongue is still suck out. Kills me every time. The mlem. Nova often gets caught looking silly with one. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted September 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 30, 2025 The Light in Stockport is doing a John Carpenter season from a week on Friday. If things go according to plan I'm going to see They Live, The Thing, Escape from New York, Big Trouble in Little China and Halloween at the cinema for the first time. Plus they're doing remastered screenings of Perfect Blue in a couple of weeks too. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted October 6, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 6, 2025 Get a load of this tomato I was given that looks like Shrek's arse hole. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.