DavidB6937 Posted November 28, 2025 Posted November 28, 2025 Signed up to do a skydive in my son's memory next year. At the moment I'm happy. Give it a while and I'm sure I'll start questioning my decision making process. Quote
Tamura Posted December 1, 2025 Posted December 1, 2025 Just been to what's hopefully my last meeting at the Job Centre. Since I started work again just over two years ago they topped up my wages on the months whenever I didn't work that many hours, but I always earned enough to avoid having to go in for meetings. When I finally got my inheritance it took me over the savings threshold so I tried to end my claim online, only to be told I didn't need to do that just declare it and carry on. Suddenly get summoned in for a meeting to prove my savings, which I thought was a bit strange considering I'm asking the DWP to stop paying me money. Then I get another summons to discuss my commitments the day before the savings meeting. So I message them back saying I'm not attending two meetings on two consecutive days, then can have both meetings on the same day considering I'm trying to end my claim. Had the savings meetings today, thought it was going to be all kinds of intrusive with demands to know exactly where has the money come from and how long ago have I known about this and so on. But it was just a case of show them my bank balance on my phone, claim closed, free from the DWP at last! Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted December 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 2, 2025 On 11/28/2025 at 3:16 PM, DavidB6937 said: Signed up to do a skydive in my son's memory next year. At the moment I'm happy. Give it a while and I'm sure I'll start questioning my decision making process. You can do it, David. An incredible experience regardless of motivation. If you're fundraising, share on here and we'll support you. Good luck! Quote
Browser Brady Posted December 2, 2025 Posted December 2, 2025 (edited) On 11/28/2025 at 3:16 PM, DavidB6937 said: Signed up to do a skydive in my son's memory next year. At the moment I'm happy. Give it a while and I'm sure I'll start questioning my decision making process. In my experience……… Going up in the plane was nearly the most nerve racking part as it takes like 20 mins or so. I chatted away to my instructor and that really took my mind off it and that steadied my nerves a lot. The actual jump out of the plane was a lot easier than i thought. It’s more of a turn your head to the side and then slide or fall out than a jump. Thats it, once you are out you are fine. The expanse of the sky will overwhelm any nerves. Just concentrate on listening to the instructors and you only need to be brave for like 5 seconds really. Edited December 2, 2025 by Browser Brady Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted December 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 17, 2025 Love what this school have done with their Naughty Elf. Literally breeze blocked up the school entrance. Funny stuff. Can't imagine how funny those kids found it this morning. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c9d99xvnglno Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 23, 2025 Members Posted December 23, 2025 A slightly odd one but my ex bought her first house on Friday, and her and my girls moved in yesterday just in time for Christmas. No help from anyone, wasn't gifted any money, she's just worked her arse off and saved well. Makes me incredibly happy my children have a permanent home of their own, something I've never had, and neither has their Mum before this week. Quote
deathrey Posted December 23, 2025 Posted December 23, 2025 (edited) That's really amazing @SuperBaconand not easy in today's world. A great example for your children. Edited December 23, 2025 by deathrey Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 23, 2025 Members Posted December 23, 2025 21 minutes ago, deathrey said: That's really amazing @SuperBaconand not easy in today's world. A great example for your children. She really is a great example to our daughters. She's a great Mum, and she also has an incredibly strong work ethic and has worked her way up into a really well paid great job currently. Quote
NeverYield Posted December 23, 2025 Posted December 23, 2025 What a result right before Christmas, fairplay to her providing security and setting examples that they will follow for their life. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted January 1 Posted January 1 Not as good as the above (Great news Bacon! Sounds like things are going great and your kids will be the prime beneficiaries of the good nature) but I thought the London fireworks were fantastic. Best I've seen for a number of years Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted January 1 Paid Members Posted January 1 (edited) Not a single Jools Holland sighting on NYE. If that isn't a sign that 2026 will be brilliant, then nothing is. Edited January 1 by Gus Mears Quote
davertfnewman Posted January 2 Posted January 2 Not watched this for a while, but one day I was flicking through the channels and came across The Sound Collector, a show for children based on sound. It's just everything that's nice about being nice. The protagonist is hard of hearing so has to use aids to hear everything and records the sounds. Keira Knightley narrates the show and it's very calm and pleasant. Almost ASMR for kids. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 8 Paid Members Posted January 8 I've tried it and I'm here to say it's absolutely amazing. Sometimes the internet is good. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 8 Paid Members Posted January 8 No apologies for the double post. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted January 9 Paid Members Posted January 9 It's taken over a year, but birds have finally found the window feeder we put up. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.